• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yes something does have to change

Best I can do right now:

Okay.....so the second angle doesnt really show anything new.

Three ****ing cops there, and they cant keep a man down long enough to cuff him? Gimme a break.

Also....7 shots? Seriously? At that range?

Okay.....so the second angle doesnt really show anything new.

Three ****ing cops there, and they cant keep a man down long enough to cuff him? Gimme a break.

Also....7 shots? Seriously? At that range?

All you do is find excuses to paint the police as the bad guys, but don't have a damned thing negative to say about the CRIMINAL... The CRIMINAL who was wanted for sexual assault, who fought with police, who defied their orders, who then reached in his car to grab who knows what.

Can you at least admit one thing... If the man had listened to the police instead of fighting and defying them, he wouldn't have been shot? Or is that too much truth for you?

We have all seen on the news that another arrest went wrong. Why???

The reason for that is why something has to change. When people black or white are arrested THEY HAVE TO STOP FIGHTING THE POLICE.

Surrender, do what the police say, dont fight and talk later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the cops need to change? Maybe the cops don't have to piss their ****ing pants and just start ****ing shooting for no reason all the time?

Ever thought of that??

No other compatible nation on the planet has to deal with what the US sees from law enforcement.

That is statistical fact.

Quit hiding “logical,” you must be okay with the idea that for some (that you do not care about anyway) any interaction with law enforcement means their lives are at risk.

No other compatible nation on the planet has to deal with what the US sees from law enforcement.

That's just it, there's no other nation "compatible " with the U.S.?

So, in other words, you got nothing but more BS, no surprise there.

Or you're too lazy to google it?

Just think, you could have done it instead of this reply?

All you do is find excuses to paint the police as the bad guys, but don't have a damned thing negative to say about the CRIMINAL... The CRIMINAL who was wanted for sexual assault, who fought with police, who defied their orders, who then reached in his car to grab who knows what.

Can you at least admit one thing... If the man had listened to the police instead of fighting and defying them, he wouldn't have been shot? Or is that too much truth for you?

It scares me that you are okay with someone having the power to kill you because you didnt listen to thier every word. Terrifying, actually. Sure, Ill grant you that it may have gone differently.....hell I will even say probably would have.....as long as you acknowledge that we have proof that that doesnt always work out for you either. Remember the Arizona hotel shooting where the cops kept giving conflicting orders and then when they told him to crawl, he almost fell, moved an arm wrong and they shot him 5 times? Things like that DO happen, and are allowed to happen when officers are found to have acted prpoerly and left off the hook.

I expect our law enforcement to be better than the average citizen because we give them a power that the average citizen doesnt get to wield. Forgive me for thinking that when they take a life and we see it on video that it should be pretty cut and dry that there was no other option.

I am friends with quite a few police officers through my work, and none of them think I am being overreactive or intentionally painting LEOs in a bad way. They seem to understand the questions that I have. They seem to understand the higher standard that I think they should be held to because they hold the public trust.

Yes, something needs to change. Some people simply arent cut out to do certain jobs. THAT is the problem.....bad hiring practices and even worse oversight once bad people are hired. If a person wanted to be a chemical engineer and kept blowing up labs because they simply didnt have the patience to do the work properly, you cam rest assured there isnt a union that is going to protect them from being let go for being bad at thier job....yet that is exactly what happens with police unions. THAT is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Look, I understand being a cop is dangerous and stressful and sometimes super scary....but it is a job people CHOOSE. Nobody is drafted onto the police force. As that is the case, there is a certain temperament that is required to put the public first even in the worst of circumstances, but that is the temperament needed by and officer. If a person doesnt have that temperament, then its not on the public to not touch the wrong nerve on that person when they interact on the street....its on the deparment to recognize that person fow who they are and not hire them OR be willing to come out and take thier lumps should that person do something over the top on duty.

I dont think that is too much to ask.

It scares me that you are okay with someone having the power to kill you because you didnt listen to thier every word. Terrifying, actually. Sure, Ill grant you that it may have gone differently.....hell I will even say probably would have.....as long as you acknowledge that we have proof that that doesnt always work out for you either. Remember the Arizona hotel shooting where the cops kept giving conflicting orders and then when they told him to crawl, he almost fell, moved an arm wrong and they shot him 5 times? Things like that DO happen, and are allowed to happen when officers are found to have acted prpoerly and left off the hook.

I expect our law enforcement to be better than the average citizen because we give them a power that the average citizen doesnt get to wield. Forgive me for thinking that when they take a life and we see it on video that it should be pretty cut and dry that there was no other option.

I am friends with quite a few police officers through my work, and none of them think I am being overreactive or intentionally painting LEOs in a bad way. They seem to understand the questions that I have. They seem to understand the higher standard that I think they should be held to because they hold the public trust.

Yes, something needs to change. Some people simply arent cut out to do certain jobs. THAT is the problem.....bad hiring practices and even worse oversight once bad people are hired. If a person wanted to be a chemical engineer and kept blowing up labs because they simply didnt have the patience to do the work properly, you cam rest assured there isnt a union that is going to protect them from being let go for being bad at thier job....yet that is exactly what happens with police unions. THAT is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Look, I understand being a cop is dangerous and stressful and sometimes super scary....but it is a job people CHOOSE. Nobody is drafted onto the police force. As that is the case, there is a certain temperament that is required to put the public first even in the worst of circumstances, but that is the temperament needed by and officer. If a person doesnt have that temperament, then its not on the public to not touch the wrong nerve on that person when they interact on the street....its on the deparment to recognize that person fow who they are and not hire them OR be willing to come out and take thier lumps should that person do something over the top on duty.

I dont think that is too much to ask.

A big part of this problem is too many former combat soldiers from asymmetric theaters end up being cops.

When soldiers in asymmetric theaters engage in encounters at work they have to be prepared to shoot a kid in the face with a fraction of a second's notice.

Those reflexes don't go away, and certainly contribute to some of the situations we see where everything goes suddenly fatally wrong when nobody's life was ever in any danger.

And then their union circles the wagons to protect them. I'm in a union, and we protect our own. But if one of our people is reckless and dangerous they won't get work where they can put anybody at risk. We certainly don't just send them wherever and hide their ****ups.

Agreed. And if we can make any sense from the OP, he seems to be justifying the police shooting a man in the back as he attempted to get back in his car where his children were waiting. This sick attitude towards the lives of citizens unlucky enough to encounter the thuggish police is why BLM exists.

Were you there in person with a good view of what was happening, and why the police had to fire their guns? If not you are just fanning the flames of racism and hate.

We have all seen on the news that another arrest went wrong. Why???

The reason for that is why something has to change. When people black or white are arrested THEY HAVE TO STOP FIGHTING THE POLICE.

Surrender, do what the police say, dont fight and talk later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cops cant be allowed to execute any one for just moving the **** is wrong with you?

American movement???? Run by admitted marxist!!!!! In NO WAY is it an American movement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the same thing they said about MLK Jr's group. Some things never change.

Are you aware he was wanted for a sex crime.

Are you aware of the fact you know NOTHING of what transpired?

that doesn't make slowing getting into a car a capital crime the **** is wrong with you?

Much of the problem here is that the criminal element and their supporters dont know what it is to be a policeman. Everyday in big cities they come up against drugged up enraged criminals that would kill them if they thot they had the opertunity to do so. The police have to be on guard every second of the day.

Every time a policeman stops a car he doesnt know what he may encounter. If stopped put your hands on the top of the wheel, and do what the Policeman tells you to do. You may get a ticket but you wont be shot. Simple as that.

Best I can do right now:

he still slowing getting into a car when hes shot in the back what the **** is your point?

police murder criminals who do awful things to it still murder the **** is your point?

Much of the problem here is that the criminal element and their supporters dont know what it is to be a policeman. Everyday in big cities they come up against drugged up enraged criminals that would kill them if they thot they had the opertunity to do so. The police have to be on guard every second of the day.

Every time a policeman stops a car he doesnt know what he may encounter. If stopped put your hands on the top of the wheel, and do what the Policeman tells you to do. You may get a ticket but you wont be shot. Simple as that.

that's no justification for murder

Agreed. And if we can make any sense from the OP, he seems to be justifying the police shooting a man in the back as he attempted to get back in his car where his children were waiting. This sick attitude towards the lives of citizens unlucky enough to encounter the thuggish police is why BLM exists.

And the left justify criminality, fighting with the police, and resisting arrest.

American police is also horrible undertrained.

All things that a person who chooses to be an officer is aware of before swearing in and going to the academy.

Why do you accept that they get to minimize that risk by simply shooting at the first sign of rising stress levels?

If they dont want to accept the risk of the job, they shouldnt take the job. We as a populace shouldnt have to accept a certain level of dead citizens as a hazard of the job.

hahahhahha talk about uninformed. He^ doesnt know about his past. Dude change the channel from CNN! Damn man. just damn.

This begs a good question.....

Why is it so easy for us to get Blakes history, but almost impossible for us to see the service record of the officer who shot him.

As people like you like to point out, most of these victims have sort of record. Ironically, when the dust settles, it usually comes out the the officers also had a history of excessive force charges against them too.

That dont matter though, right? They have a scary job and if someone ends up shot needlessly, we just have to accept that as an unfortunate side effect.

Back
Top Bottom