• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yes, I am partisan and a Leftist

YES, hell YES, I am partisan.

I am, after all, a liberal Snowflake, and a Canadian to boot.

Despite that, I voted for the Conservatives in our last provincial election (Ontario).

But all you get to hear on forums like this one is how corrupt the other side is. Downright evil, even. Hence why the States has problems we thankfully don't have (at least not to the degree Americans have).

Intolerance, bigotry, ignorance, and hyper-partisan where EVERYTHING my guy does or says is acceptable and EVERYTHING your guy says is foolish and stupid.

However, being the partisan leftie that I am, there is no equivalency. There might be some dishonest politicians on the Left, some corrupt ones, kooky ones. There might be some leftist views that might be seen as wonky. Woke. Too catering.

But NO WHERE is the outright dishonesty, the outright ugliness, the outright bigotry, the outright childishness MORE evident than on the Right.

Plain and simple, full stop.

I honesty believe they really DO want a police state where they can control women, tell private enterprises what they can or can not advertise, where they would gladly loosen laws on police brutality, and insert their religious beliefs into schools. They would not only ban abortions, but Drag shows, numerous books and movies, even gay marriage - IF they ever got complete control of all branches of government.

So, yeah, I am partisan. I am a Leftist. Because I don't want a country, whether mine or yours, to be run by people who are control freaks. I don't want a country where elections are deemed "stolen" if the vote isn't to their liking or where they would love to deny a whole swath of people the vote. And are willing to use violence to meet their ends.

Period.

All Snowflake OPs: noun, verb, Canadian.

Followed by: we're better than Americans.

YES, hell YES, I am partisan.

I am, after all, a liberal Snowflake, and a Canadian to boot.

Despite that, I voted for the Conservatives in our last provincial election (Ontario).

But all you get to hear on forums like this one is how corrupt the other side is. Downright evil, even. Hence why the States has problems we thankfully don't have (at least not to the degree Americans have).

Intolerance, bigotry, ignorance, and hyper-partisan where EVERYTHING my guy does or says is acceptable and EVERYTHING your guy says is foolish and stupid.

However, being the partisan leftie that I am, there is no equivalency. There might be some dishonest politicians on the Left, some corrupt ones, kooky ones. There might be some leftist views that might be seen as wonky. Woke. Too catering.

But NO WHERE is the outright dishonesty, the outright ugliness, the outright bigotry, the outright childishness MORE evident than on the Right.

Plain and simple, full stop.

I honesty believe they really DO want a police state where they can control women, tell private enterprises what they can or can not advertise, where they would gladly loosen laws on police brutality, and insert their religious beliefs into schools. They would not only ban abortions, but Drag shows, numerous books and movies, even gay marriage - IF they ever got complete control of all branches of government.

So, yeah, I am partisan. I am a Leftist. Because I don't want a country, whether mine or yours, to be run by people who are control freaks. I don't want a country where elections are deemed "stolen" if the vote isn't to their liking or where they would love to deny a whole swath of people the vote. And are willing to use violence to meet their ends.

Period.

OK*

This is what happens in Canadia

This is what happens in Canadia
WE control women? We tell private enterprises how to advertise? We ban abortions? We are against gay marriage?
Ok, I "get" how my blog might OFFEND some Americans, but seriously??

disappointed_40x40.gif

WE control women? We tell private enterprises how to advertise? We ban abortions? We are against gay marriage?
Ok, I "get" how my blog might OFFEND some Americans, but seriously??

View attachment 67450552
...and transitions right into the "we're better than Americans" phase.

Boring 😴

I will repeat it again. As a generalization, conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas. Liberals think conservatives are bad people with ideas. This axiom is proven out day after day here on DP.

I will repeat it again. As a generalization, conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas. Liberals think conservatives are bad people with ideas. This axiom is proven out day after day here on DP.
Correction: conservatives are bad people with bad ideas. Period.

Another correction: I should have said American conservatives. As I stated in my blog, I voted for a Conservative here in Canada. They aren't monumentally stupid.

Last edited:

Boring 😴
In fact SO boring you nevertheless had to pop on and tell me how boring it is :ROFLMAO:

On this forum a member frequently refers to liberals as "Dem Pukes"

Give your head a shake.

I think its more that liberals think conservatives are people without ideas.

Conservatives rarely present real solutions to problems but gravitate toward addressing symptoms as they have not a clue how to cure the disease. Their "idea" of how to solve crime is build more prisons; solve violence is for everyone to have guns; to solve the pressures at the border is to build a wall; to fix the deficits is solely not to spend. There is rarely any humanity, empathy or understanding on their part on any of major issues of the day so almost none of their ideas are solutions, but rather fingers in the dyke (at best).

That has been a trend in conservative "thinking" for quite a while. Their new trend has been lack of tolerance of others, a waning from humanity, a disrespect for education, a fascination with autocracy (how anti-American can you get), which is leading many to flat out indecency as evidenced by lauding an obvious anti-american criminal as their leader of their party.

Last edited:

Boring 😴
Just imagine how the rest of the world feels about us...

Conservatives rarely present real solutions to problems but gravitate toward addressing symptoms as they have not a clue how to cure the disease. Their "idea" of how to solve crime is build more prisons; solve violence is for everyone to have guns; to solve the pressures at the border is to build a wall; to fix the deficits is solely not to spend. There is rarely any humanity, empathy or understanding on their part on any of major issues of the day so almost none of their ideas are solutions, but rather fingers in the dyke (at best).

That has been a trend in conservative "thinking" for quite a while. Their new trend has been lack of tolerance of others, a waning from humanity, a disrespect for education, a fascination with autocracy (how anti-American can you get), which is leading many to flat out indecency as evidenced by lauding an obvious anti-american criminal as their leader of their party.
THAT was such a wise assessment that it deserves it's own thread (hint hint)

Just imagine how the rest of the world feels about us...
Yeah, I never understood a fellow Canadian willing to apologize for or make excuses for how monumentally behind the times Americans are.

Yeah, I never understood a fellow Canadian willing to apologize for or make excuses for how monumentally behind the times Americans are.
Continuously trolling Americans with childish taunts is lazy and boring.

But it's all ya got. 🤷‍♂️

Continuously trolling Americans with childish taunts is lazy and boring.

But it's all ya got. 🤷‍♂️
And you chasing after other contributors with your sanctimonious "I am better than you" attitude is equally boring.

Correction: conservatives are bad people with bad ideas. Period.

Another correction: I should have said American conservatives. As I stated in my blog, I voted for a Conservative here in Canada. They aren't monumentally stupid.
You’re not correcting my point. You’re proving it.

I just knew by the end of this post you’d be proving my point, and I wasn’t disappointed.

I just knew by the end of this post you’d be proving my point, and I wasn’t disappointed.
Seems upside got it right and Nat don't like it :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom