• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yes, Chinese Spy Balloons Flew Over The U.S. When trump Was In Office

Are those signals stopped by the atmosphere?

Disrupted, attenuated, and dispersed, yes. Especially by the time they reach a SIGINT satellite in geosynchronous orbit.

The silos are unmanned. The launch control facilities are what matter. That’s where the signals come from and go to.

Controlled by cables like the one in the article I just posted?

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 8.45.04 AM.png

The debris that were detected on weather radar....

That would be debris *from the balloon*. Not the missile. The missile itself is small to begin with and detonation basically turns it into aluminum powder.

Controlled by cables like the one in the article I just posted?

View attachment 67435791

Yes. They’d have to dig for such cables at the silos and the locations of the cables aren’t exactly marked.

But the launch control facilities also have satellite and radio communication with Global Strike Command.

You don't ask an ex-president to do something, you ask the sitting president to do something -- he's the one in office.
Why you so busy doing the WHATABOUTERY?
It's because the BUCK NEVER STOPS WITH BIDEN.
Well, in this case it apparently did because this one was shot down versus the others which were not. Now, the question is whether the threat from these balloons was deemed as minimal by the military and is why they were not shot down during the past 3 incursions is one guess as to why the former president didn't take action or notify the public. It would have been a great opportunity for the former administration to show they were "tough on China!" but it seems they didn't want to take the opportunity or publicize what China was doing.

Disrupted, attenuated, and dispersed, yes. Especially by the time they reach a SIGINT satellite in geosynchronous orbit.

What frequencies? Are they reflected at all?

That would be debris *from the balloon*. Not the missile. The missile itself is small to begin with and detonation basically turns it into aluminum powder.

I'm pretty familiar with the AIM-9X... Do people on the ground care whether the debris is from the missile or the balloon?

Well, in this case it apparently did because this one was shot down versus the others which were not. Now, the question is whether the threat from these balloons was deemed as minimal by the military and is why they were not shot down during the past 3 incursions is one guess as to why the former president didn't take action or notify the public. It would have been a great opportunity for the former administration to show they were "tough on China!" but it seems they didn't want to take the opportunity or publicize what China was doing.
It's called WHATABOUTERY -- you want to talk about anyone else but the current sitting president. The BUCK NEVER STOPS WITH BIDEN.
One wonders why you voted for a guy if all you were going to do was talk about the previous president instead.
It's because you want to hold power without accountability.

It's called WHATABOUTERY -- you want to talk about anyone else but the current sitting president. The BUCK NEVER STOPS WITH BIDEN.
One wonders why you voted for a guy if all you were going to do was talk about the previous president instead.
It's because you want to hold power without accountability.
It's only a problem when the democrats don't fix it. Lol

The balloon is steerable and constantly sending telemetry and intelligence data back to China via satellite. Waiting until its mission is finished is a giant blunder.

You mean Trump didn't handle the instrusions very well when he was President. How come the public did not know about the 3 ballons? Why didn/t President Trump shoot them down when he was in Office?

Ballon mission stopped: President Trump 0, China Ballons 3
Ballon mission stopped: President Biden 1, China Ballons 0

You realize how small the missile is that shot the balloon down, right?
it still has to fall somewhere, right?

like a tiny chance on to a preschool?

What debris? An air to air missile is going to basically disintegrate after detonation.
then why are we looking for debris in the ocean?

It's only a problem when the democrats don't fix it. Lol
Haha - you didn't even refute what I said about the current govt, and thus tacitly acknowledged it - because you know it's true.
The best you can do is continually deflect by fingerpointing at others.
The current sitting govt is supposed to be scrutinized and you don't like that, so you want to play time-traveler as your form of escapism.

What a laughable bunch the ole' Trump gang was and is. Pompeo "guaranteeing they would have shot it down" NO Ya' didn't Mike.

Esper claiming he did not even know they were there. Is this a new phenomenon of brain dead Republican Mikes?

Let me say this one time. If you are not going to do anything about Overt efforts to tweek your nose while also collecting more Intelligence data with something as easy to deal with as a Balloon for God Sake then don't complain about more Covert means of spying on you. Just let them spy if you are going to do that. Maybe charge them an admission fee.

If you want to say taking that balloon down was more geopolitical statement than an actual response to a serious effort on China's part....FINE. I don't give a shit. It should have been taken down and it was and there is no good excuse for the Trump administration not taking them down.

Haha - you didn't even refute what I said about the current govt, and thus tacitly acknowledged it - because you know it's true.
The current sitting govt is supposed to be scrutinized and you don't like that, so you want to play time-traveler as your form of escapism.
i'm sorry that your political girlfriend has been exposed yet again. i know that hurts.

They should be held to the standard of the previous government. I agree

If you want to say taking that balloon down was more geopolitical statement than an actual response to a serious effort on China's part....FINE. I don't give a shit. It should have been taken down and it was and there is no good excuse for the Trump administration not taking them down.
they don't care AND a cult leader always has to be protected.

President trump: "Just ignore them"

President Biden: "Can't we just shoot it down?"
Military: "That will mean shooting a missile over US territory and the debris has to fall somewhere. And it's possible we could miss."
President Biden: "Is there a chance it could fall and kill someone? Like kids?"
Military: "It's a possibility but VERY unlikely."
President Biden: "Can we jam it/study it and then shoot it down over the ocean?"
Military: "Yes"
President Biden: "Let's do that."

Back
Top Bottom