• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Year Before Killing, Saudi Prince Told Aide He Would Use ‘a Bullet’ on Khashoggi

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/07/us/politics/khashoggi-mohammed-bin-salman.html

WASHINGTON — Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia told a top aide in a conversation in 2017 that he would use “a bullet” on Jamal Khashoggi, the journalist killed in October, if Mr. Khashoggi did not return to the kingdom and end his criticism of the Saudi government, according to current and former American and foreign officials with direct knowledge of intelligence reports.

The conversation, intercepted by American intelligence agencies, is the most detailed evidence to date that the crown prince considered killing Mr. Khashoggi long before a team of Saudi operatives strangled him inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul and dismembered his body using a bone saw. Mr. Khashoggi’s murder prompted weeks of outrage around the world and among both parties in Washington, where senior lawmakers called for an investigation into who was responsible.

More intel where MBS endorsed killing Khashoggi

But in this fast moving world, it will disappear.

The UN concluded SA killed him too. I mean at this point it's obvious. And the Trump admin just doesn't give a crap because they're buddies with MBS.

Nothing like surrounding yourself with dictators, murderers, child rapists, liars, thiefs, fraudsters, gangsters and criminals.

The UN concluded SA killed him too. I mean at this point it's obvious. And the Trump admin just doesn't give a crap because they're buddies with MBS.

Nothing like surrounding yourself with dictators, murderers, child rapists, liars, thiefs, fraudsters, gangsters and criminals.

My old Dad used to tell me I'd be judged by the company I kept.

Donald Trump could care lass who he surrounds himself with and who he buddies up to as long as he makes a lot of money. He values the dollar over people.

Yep, only good, clean, wholesome nations like China, who would never dream of using torture, re-education camps or executions, should be granted most favored nation trade status.

One could argue that the final defeat for China trade hawks came not in 2000, when Congress actually passed PNTR for China, but in 1998, when lawmakers decreed that most-favored-nation status would henceforth be known as “normal trade relations.” Once China finally secured its anodyne-sounding PNTR status, which in turn greased the wheels for its accession to the World Trade Organization, it wasn’t long before its economy became irrevocably intertwined with that of the U.S. Never let it be said that language doesn’t matter.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...de-relations-with-china-was-a-mistake/562403/

The sheer stupidity of liberals.

Ah, yes. Like whining about vaccination and chem trails and incest laws, all the lunatic-fringe right-whinge complaints.

Back
Top Bottom