• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

yeah, people are getting a little edgy and nuts

NonoBadDog

Hates Kittens
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
[h=1]Woman Charged With Vandalizing Trump Sign, Nearly Running Over Resident[/h]
ANDOVER (CBS) – A woman was arrested after she allegedly vandalized a resident’s Donald Trump campaign sign and nearly ran over the homeowner as she tried to speed away.
When the homeowner confronted Bryant, she allegedly drove off erratically, forcing the victim to run out of the way of her car.

Police tracked down Bryant and charged her with four counts of defacing property and one count of assault by means of a dangerous weapon.
Bryant is suspected of vandalizing signs at the property several other times in previous months.
Woman Charged With Vandalizing Trump Sign, Nearly Running Over Resident « CBS Boston

Was the perpetrator "passionate" or just plain nuts? Whichever, she could face 10 years for her tantrum.
https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter265/Section15a

[h=1]Woman Charged With Vandalizing Trump Sign, Nearly Running Over Resident[/h]

Woman Charged With Vandalizing Trump Sign, Nearly Running Over Resident « CBS Boston

Was the perpetrator "passionate" or just plain nuts? Whichever, she could face 10 years for her tantrum.

I'm very concerned about the tenor of this political campaign. There is so much hate-mongering that I am afraid there is a very real danger some deranged/irate citizen(s) may attempt something against either of the current Major Party candidates.

The little flare ups we see like the one you posted, as well as the major ones like the Dallas sniper attack are dangerous symptoms.

I'm very concerned about the tenor of this political campaign. There is so much hate-mongering that I am afraid there is a very real danger some deranged/irate citizen(s) may attempt something against either of the current Major Party candidates.

The little flare ups we see like the one you posted, as well as the major ones like the Dallas sniper attack are dangerous symptoms.

This election is even having a major effect on families. This Thanksgiving could suck for a lot of families. It will only get worse. We have more than three months to go. I am glad we live so far from any large population areas.

That's a typical Hillary supporter. Hillary also has the support of armed roving gangs patrolling the streets to enforce her message.

Last edited:
That's a typical Hillary supporter.

Oh come on is that all you have? For all you know she could be a Conservative that simply cannot stand the fact that a Life Long Liberal is running as the GOP candidate, I can totally understand how she could snap.

That's a typical Hillary supporter. Hillary also has the support of armed roving gangs patrolling the streets to enforce her message.

Ohfer****sakes. Give your head a shake.

This election is even having a major effect on families. This Thanksgiving could suck for a lot of families. It will only get worse.
We have more than three months to go.
I am glad we live so far from any large population areas.

The election will be on November 8. That's 3 months away.

Some people are born a little edgy and nuts.

The election results will push some of the nuttier people over the edge.

Last edited:
She's nuts.

I have a neighbor that does weird stuff like that. She acts crazy so she can get her way. It doesn't work now that everyone has caught on.

I guess we agree that it is more than three months away, since this is the 6th and elections are on the 8th.

I don't the edginess is going away after the elections. There are going to be a lot of hard feelings after the election.

The election results will push some of the nuttier people over the edge.

and here at debate politics, we will have a ringside seat watching them lose it

How is "passionately nuts"?

This election is even having a major effect on families. This Thanksgiving could suck for a lot of families. It will only get worse. We have more than three months to go. I am glad we live so far from any large population areas.

With respect and some apologies to those families, if they have an incendiary celebration, it's a problem on various levels that needs to be addressed. A little laughter can usually go a long way toward understanding.

I'm old. I was on vacation last week and ran into various old friends as I visited my hometown. Many of them are on the outs with one or more family members for various real or imagined slights and offenses. some were absolutely committed to their own position's justification.

I find this astonishing. Why seek ways to alienate those you love. In my experience, there are plenty of small minded folks who will hate you that aren't related to you. Why not mine your enemies from that rich vein?

There's a show on called Brain Dead that studies a hypothetical reason that folks cannot get along. The reason presented in this show makes more sense than most of the real reasons causing people to find disagreement.

With respect and some apologies to those families, if they have an incendiary celebration, it's a problem on various levels that needs to be addressed. A little laughter can usually go a long way toward understanding.

I'm old. I was on vacation last week and ran into various old friends as I visited my hometown. Many of them are on the outs with one or more family members for various real or imagined slights and offenses. some were absolutely committed to their own position's justification.

I find this astonishing. Why seek ways to alienate those you love. In my experience, there are plenty of small minded folks who will hate you that aren't related to you. Why not mine your enemies from that rich vein?

There's a show on called Brain Dead that studies a hypothetical reason that folks cannot get along. The reason presented in this show makes more sense than most of the real reasons causing people to find disagreement.

I have a friend that is a liberal. We discuss politics and it drives our wives nuts. It can get heated but that is part of the fun in it. We never let it have any bearing on how we feel about each other. Our friendship is worth more than that.

There's more...

A young lady...a college student in Boston, I think, deliberately stole two Trump signs from a yard, periscoped it, recorded it and posted it on her social media.

She probably kissed her intended professional career good-bye for that idiotic act.

And then, there's the case of someone who scaled a fence and burned a homeowner's sign...that was about 20 ft. from his house.

But the funny...or should I say, pathetic...thing is this stuff is always someone who doesn't like Trump going off the deep end. There doesn't seem to be any pro-Trump nutjobs out there doing this kind of stuff.

People need to get it together. Debating the candidates is not our right it is our obligation. If we all felt the same way, what life would that be? Accept that in order for our own viewpoints to be valid there must be countering points to keep us in perspectibe.

There doesn't seem to be any pro-Trump nutjobs out there doing this kind of stuff.

landscape-1457632277-giphy.gif

dlAV9zo.gif

Maybe I missed it.

Did any of this show Trump supporters stealing, burning, trashing...or doing anything else...to Hillary signs? Did any Trump supporters illegally enter private property to do so?

:roll:

Oh, I'd be ****ing shocked if there wasn't an attempt on either or both candidates' lives. One guy from the UK already tried to attack Trump.

That being said, the reason for the heavily polarized, heavily partisan campaigns has a lot to do with the campaign messages of the candidates, as well as the increasingly dysfunctional US government.

Who is this band of "armed, roving gangs" that you refer to?

Maybe I missed it.

Did any of this show Trump supporters stealing, burning, trashing...or doing anything else...to Hillary signs? Did any Trump supporters illegally enter private property to do so?

I was curious so I did two google searches. First I did "trump vandalized" then I did "Clinton vandalized" and these are the results. It's kind of funny.
On just the first page of the "Trump vandalized" search:
Katia Checkwicz, Boston student, promises 'reparations' to family whose Trump signs she destroyed - Washington Times
Armed business owner confronts anti-Trump vandals | fox5sandiego.com
McKinney Home Vandalized Because Of “Trump” Signs « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
Virginia Family 'Enraged' After Trump Sign Vandalized | NBC4 Washington

Clinton vandalized:
White House Vandalized In Transition, G.A.O. Finds - NYTimes.com
http://articles.latimes.com/2002/jun/12/nation/na-clinton12
www.gao.gov/new.items/d02360.pdf

So I had to change the search criteria. I did a ""clinton" vandalize" search and narrowed down the time frame to the last month and got one hit that actually applied.
http://wtvr.com/2016/07/19/chesterfield-trump-clinton-vandals/

I expanded the search to a year and didn't see any hits on the first two pages where someone reported vandalizing of any Clinton campaign signs or property except for the one that is linked above.

Back
Top Bottom