• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yeah! Biden releases oil from strategic reserve to help with shortage and inflation! 2 days worth?

Integrityrespec

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
That's correct. President Biden released 50 million barrels from the US Strategic Oil Reserve. He obviously didn't ask how much we use. The US uses 20 million barrels a day, that's right we now have oil for 2 1/2 more days. Does that sound like anything that will have areal effect? At some point we have to replace that. Trump is the reason it's full now. Joe is the reason we are not producing our own. It's Biden trying to fool the public. In his speech he said the fault is the oil companies making a profit. Well, the fault is Biden restricting oil, natural gas and coal production in America. If not for his restrictions we would produce right here at home all we need and more and be able to help with world wide price inflation by selling some of what we can produce to help control the price.

Full? It was fuller when Trump took office than when he left.

Really? Got any facts to back that up or are you just expecting all of us to take your word for it.

Yeah right. Are you pretending to have djt's truthfulness or do you just not like to do any research?
fb5c76e0-dba6-41c8-9548-e77a8b671903.svg

The image shows until I post, but it is from the article.

That's correct. President Biden released 50 million barrels from the US Strategic Oil Reserve. He obviously didn't ask how much we use. The US uses 20 million barrels a day, that's right we now have oil for 2 1/2 more days. Does that sound like anything that will have areal effect? At some point we have to replace that. Trump is the reason it's full now. Joe is the reason we are not producing our own. It's Biden trying to fool the public. In his speech he said the fault is the oil companies making a profit. Well, the fault is Biden restricting oil, natural gas and coal production in America. If not for his restrictions we would produce right here at home all we need and more and be able to help with world wide price inflation by selling some of what we can produce to help control the price.
It buys him vote. Rookie mistake though as a leader. Now the people will cry for more. The reserves are there for a reason. Not to play politics with.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoS
It buys him vote. Rookie mistake though as a leader. Not the people will cry for more. The reserves are there for a reason. Not to play politics with.
The damn fool doesn't understand the part where it's for emergencies!! Not to save your worthless political reputation!

The damn fool doesn't understand the part where it's for emergencies!! Not to save your worthless political reputation!
Dipping into emergency reserves in non-emergency times is more a sign of incompetence and policy failure than leadership.

proverbial "drop in the bucket". the other part was Biden's unhinged charge that there is "price gouging" by oil companies

This is not correct.

The strategic petroleum reserve had been somewhat depleted during the Obama-Biden years.

President Trump saw a great buying opportunity to fill it back up when prices were very low and did so as a great businessman would.

We have the reserves we've got right now because of President Trump.....if only this shit for brains old man we have for a president now was even half as smart as Trump...we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now......

This is not correct.

The strategic petroleum reserve had been somewhat depleted during the Obama-Biden years.

President Trump saw a great buying opportunity to fill it back up when prices were very low and did so as a great businessman would.

We have the reserves we've got right now because of President Trump.....if only this shit for brains old man we have for a president now was even half as smart as Trump...we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now......
Numbers don't lie.

1637707435481.png

And...?

Youre numbers are a crock.....were'd you get the from.? CNN???

The Energy Information Administration (EIA) is the statistical agency of the Department of Energy. It provides policy-independent data, forecasts, and analyses to promote sound policy making, efficient markets, and public understanding regarding energy, and its interaction with the economy and the environment.

But thanks for letting me know that I am obviously responding to a parody and/or POE account.

Not sure what your point is.
My point is that the claim the SPR was higher in the last administration is false. The image from the source article didn't connect correctly (or something).

But thanks for letting me know that I am obviously responding to a parody and/or POE account.

Here ya go....right from the Department of energy. Trump fills the strategic petroleum reserve.... https://www.energy.gov/articles/dep...t-trump-announces-solicitation-purchase-crude

Your numbers amount to made up bullshit and disinformation!!!!

No telling what weird alternate reality you live in....but that's the facts

So the data straight from EIA, which is the Dept. of Energy, is bullshit?
Do you trust anything these days coming out of the government?

I don't. I'm not claiming either way, but the government is not to be trusted.

Do you trust anything these days coming out of the government?

I don't. I'm not claiming either way, but the government is not to be trusted.
So you would believe they are faking the amount in the strategic oil reserves? For what purpose?

So you would believe they are faking the amount in the strategic oil reserves? For what purpose?
I don't know if they would or not. I just don't trust what they say at face value, as there are often lies involved.

I don't know if they would or not. I just don't trust what they say at face value, as there are often lies involved.

You don’t trust the numbers fromTrump’s own energy department?

You don’t trust the numbers fromTrump’s own energy department?

Biden's energy secretary didn't know how many barrels of oil a day is consumed in the USA.

You would think she would have at least some interest in her "no show" job.

Reactions: PoS
Back
Top Bottom