• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yanks ban vuvuzela pests' instrument of torture

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Those vuvuzela horns may be all the rage at the World Cup in South Africa, but the Yankees won’t let fans toot, toot, toot for the home team.

When “bleacher creature” Anthony Zachariadis wailed on one of the plastic horns at Tuesday night’s game, Stadium security snatched it out of his hands.

“You gotta give me the horn,” the guard told him, inducing a chorus of boos from the bleachers. “You can’t blow it.”

Zachariadis, 27, purchased several vuvuzelas months ago for $6 apiece on a soccer Web site, with the intention of traveling to the World Cup. When the trip fell through, he decided to bring the sounds of soccer to Yankee Stadium.

Though hugely popular in South Africa, the horns — which can reach an excruciating 120 decibels — are now reviled by soccer fans around the world.

Fortunately for American sports fans, the plastic instruments of irritation are still only available online or in novelty shops. But that could change.

Even though the denizens of the bleachers are known for being loud using just their own voices, Zachariadis said he couldn’t resist trying them out at the Stadium.

“I hid them in my shorts to get into the stadium, and when I pulled out the horns, the whole place went nuts,” he said.

“Phillies fans would walk by and we would blow it in their ear,” he said. “They had a laugh — they knew we were playing with them.”

Yankees ban fans from blowing on vuvuzela horns - NYPOST.com

+1 for blowing at Phillies fans.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

When the trip fell through, he decided to bring the sounds of soccer to Yankee Stadium.

That is absolutely not the "sound of soccer".

FIFA seems to be punishing the world. Dragging its sorry ass to some third world sh*thole is causing problems everywhere.

Next time, put it someplace with hotter prostitutes. Any of the former Soviet republics would be fine.

dood up top at the rock blows one at the devils games, has done so for about 5+ years....

not obnoxious with it though like the entire country of SA....

Speaking of the Yankees, We'll be there again tonight. :thumbs:

(we don't sit in the bleachers)

Coming straight from the sex tv show thread - the girl's comment that "it was a lot harder than I thought it would be" was by far the most twisted thing I've thought through

I think anybody caught with one of those instruments should immediately be put in prison.

FIFA seems to be punishing the world. Dragging its sorry ass to some third world sh*thole is causing problems everywhere.

Next time, put it someplace with hotter prostitutes. Any of the former Soviet republics would be fine.

It's in Brazil in four years... Happy?

Oh yea I keep forgetting about that guy. Was he there at the last game of this season? BTW what do you think of the new Devils coach?

I think it's about time. However, I am clueless as to how good he will be. Either it will work or it wont...

With the Arnott signing, the only thing missing on the reunion tour is Niedermayer.....

Rio makes San Francisco look straight.

The only thing worse than the current position is if you take a hooker back to your room and she pulls a "Crying Game" on your ass.

It's in Brazil in four years... Happy?

Great so the best team in the world is going to get the homefield advantage too? Well looks like in 2014 everyone will be playing for second place at best.

Great so the best team in the world is going to get the homefield advantage too? Well looks like in 2014 everyone will be playing for second place at best.

Brazil-Argentina final, anyone?

Hey, the U.S. best ever showing (3rd place) was also played in South America...

Back
Top Bottom