• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yankees' George Steinbrenner Dies at 80

Zyphlin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Story

A person close to George Steinbrenner tells The Associated Press that the New York Yankees' owner died Tuesday morning.

Possibly one of the top three most well known owners in all of sports passed away this morning.

Story

Possibly one of the top three most well known owners in all of sports passed away this morning.
Just got a text that he was critical from one of my fellow Yankee fans. Sorry to hear that he actually passed, love or hate The Boss he was a true owner and always did right by the community. R.I.P.

May George Steinbrenner rest in peace. He was instrumental in turning around the New York Yankees and restoring excellence to the franchise.

Big Papi wins the Home Run Derby and then Emperor Palpatine passes away....
Yeah, Ortiz hit more softballs out of the park last night than he's hit in 3 years. HAHAHAHA! Seriously, George will be missed.

RIP to Mister Steinbrenner. He was a good owner, just owned an evil team.

This is what happens when you sell all your boats to Columbia and ASC.

RIP, George.

He was certainly a colourful character in the world of sports, enough to warrant a regular appearance on Seinfeld, LOL. He spats with Billy Martin and Yogi Berra were epic. RIP, George.

God to Steinbrenner: "You're fired". :mrgreen:

God to Steinbrenner: "You're fired". :mrgreen:

I wish God would have let Steinbrenner live and just fired the Yankees from the MLB. They are the ones that should have died not Steinbrenner.

Like Howard Cosell I loved to hate him

I have been a Yankee fan since the Yankee Clipper gracefully patrolled center field in Yankee Stadium....Without a doubt Mr Steinbrenner will go down in history as one of the greatest owners of all times....ML players loves to play for the Yankees and Mr Steinbrenner...He bought the Yankees for around 6 million dollars and they are now worth 1.5 billion....The money he made on his YES television network actually paid the salary of his team...........He was a class act..May he rest in peace..............

SOB near single-handedly ruined the game of MLB

at least now i no longer have to pull against the yanks

I wish God would have let Steinbrenner live and just fired the Yankees from the MLB. They are the ones that should have died not Steinbrenner.

That wasn't my point. I was just making a little humor over Steinbrenner firing Billy Martin, which he did 3 times. LOL.

That wasn't my point. I was just making a little humor over Steinbrenner firing Billy Martin, which he did 3 times. LOL.

Yeah I got the joke after I hit reply. Still though I needed to insult the Yankee team, I felt dirty feeling bad for them. As a Red Sox fan that is.

Yeah I got the joke after I hit reply. Still though I needed to insult the Yankee team, I felt dirty feeling bad for them. As a Red Sox fan that is.
Nothing wrong with showing basic humanity my man. Hell, when that Boston pitcher took a line drive to the face that pretty much killed his career I felt awful for him, even though I detest the Sox. Sometimes the people are more important than the game. Now.......back into rivalry mode I go.

Nothing wrong with showing basic humanity my man. Hell, when that Boston pitcher took a line drive to the face that pretty much killed his career I felt awful for him, even though I detest the Sox. Sometimes the people are more important than the game. Now.......back into rivalry mode I go.

Oh I feel bad for the family and the organization as a whole, but it still doesn't change the fact it is the Yankees. So I just don't feel bad for the players. But this is all in jest for the rivalry aspect dies for a few days when some one like a Steinbrenner dies.

Never was much of a Yankees fan, nor a baseball fan for that matter, but Steinbrenner was quite the fixture here in Tampa, and he has been a very positive presence in our community, his legacy will continue to to live on for us here, and he will be missed, RIP George.

Oh I feel bad for the family and the organization as a whole, but it still doesn't change the fact it is the Yankees. So I just don't feel bad for the players. But this is all in jest for the rivalry aspect dies for a few days when some one like a Steinbrenner dies.
I pretty much figured that. It's a fun rivalry and I'm glad that most people can see it that way.

Yeah, Ortiz hit more softballs out of the park last night than he's hit in 3 years. HAHAHAHA! Seriously, George will be missed.

Hey, Ortiz has been hot since the end of April...

and no, Furious George (aka Emperor Palpatine) will NOT be missed...

SOB near single-handedly ruined the game of MLB

at least now i no longer have to pull against the yanks

I will ALWAYS pull against the evil empire... my favorite teams on any given night... 1. Red Sox 2. whomever is playing the Evil Empire...

Hey, Ortiz has been hot since the end of April...

and no, Furious George (aka Emperor Palpatine) will NOT be missed...
He finally cracked whole numbers in his batting average huh? Wow, didn't think the fat sloppy crybaby had it in him. George S. was quite the humanitarian, oh, and Mr. Henry of the Sox had quite a few great things to say about him today, so yes I think he will be missed Luda. It's alright though, you're still okay in my book.

Yea, rivalry mode. Works for me. Go Astros!!.................. Um, never mind. :mrgreen:

Yea, rivalry mode. Works for me. Go Astros!!.................. Um, never mind. :mrgreen:
Hey, the Astros are my neighbor roughly, I do pull for them in my own way. Just wish they'd get it all together and make the NLC just a bit more interesting.

Hate the Yankees. Always have. Steinbrenner both helped bring baseball to the limelight with his behavior and his signing of free agents, and horribly damaged baseball by his "buying" pennants. What he brought to baseball is one of several reasons that I ceased to watch what used to be my favorite sport, in the 90's.

Regardless, in the '70s, his "behavior" was one of the factors that brought about baseball's resurgence. RIP and my condolences to his family.

Back
Top Bottom