• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yale Law School Students Interrupt Event, Demand Right To Talk Over Speakers

jonny5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

We should probably just have a cancel culture section, because heres another example.

TLDR
Student group invites speakers to discuss a legal case
Other students disrupt it, claiming they have more freedom of speech than the speakers
After theyre ejected, they claim the speakers are intolerant and shouldnt be tolerated
After the police show up to stop their peaceful banging on the walls, harrasment, and blocking exits, they claim the police are harmful and should be ejected (by who?)

"We write today because, in addition to the deeply disrespectful presence of ADF on campus and the faculty moderator's dismissal of our peaceful action as childish, armed police officers were called into the Sterling Law Building in response to our exercise of peaceful protest."

Which makes me wonder if they teach irony at Yale.

Garbage link so likely complete bullshit. Anyway, ironic coming from right wingers when republicans hoot and holler during state of union speeches. Anyway, typical stupid trolling projection

on to the next stupid troll post

We should probably just have a cancel culture section, because heres another example.

TLDR
Other students disrupt it, claiming they have more freedom of speech than the speakers
After theyre ejected, they claim the speakers are intolerant and shouldnt be tolerated
After the police show up to stop their peaceful banging on the walls, harrasment, and blocking exits, they claim the police are harmful and should be ejected (by who?)

The federalist society, a hate group in it's own right, invited a leader of an even more hateful group to speak on their campus. I say good for the students.

TLDR

It was probably just a kegger gone wild or perhaps a case of legitimate political discourse. That's cool, right?

How are they a hate group?

Wait, so you're defending a group you are not even familiar with or just playing "naïve"?

Do you think putting gay people in jail for being gay is hateful or not?

Wait, so you're defending a group you are not even familiar with or just playing "naïve"?

I defend all groups right to speak, not the content. How is the federalist society a hate group?

Opinions are like assholes...

Hard to believe that Yale would allow such weak students to be enrolled there. They should be expelled.

Yale is building quite a reputation is the all time fugged up mess of all Ivy League fugged up messes. I think they are trying to retire the trophy.

How are they a hate group?
ANYONE that doesnt bend the knee to leftist twats and their corrupt progressive agenda is part of a 'hate' group. Its not enough to support peoples right to a different and often deviant life or lifestyle...if you dont endorse it as normal and correct, you are a bigot, a racist, a sexist a "-phobe"...a hater.

The federalist society, a hate group in it's own right
To be clear, they're not a hate group; they're an utterly corrupt group attacking democracy to replace it with plutocracy. They're grooming ideologues to take over our courts in order to destroy the American people's constitutional rights and their power, among other things like helping Republicans steal elections and wealthy interests to buy them.

I defend all groups right to speak, not the content. How is the federalist society a hate group?

If you defend all groups the right to speak, all groups would include the protestors and this wouldn't even be a big deal to you.

Opinions are like assholes...

If you don't like my source then prove to me ADF is not an anti-LGBTQ hate group because to me it's pretty hateful to push laws that basically make it illegal to be gay.

TLDR

Free speech

It includes the right to speak over others, it is just impolite.

Free speech

It includes the right to speak over others, it is just impolite.
It's infantile. You learn NOTHING while you are shouting. The sound of your own voice rarely yields much in the way of education. Even hearing stuff you don't want to hear trains your brain. The sound of your own voice doesn't do anything beyond exercising your vocal cords. Tell daddy his $77k per year is going to exercising your vocal cords. See how far that gets you.

It's infantile. You learn NOTHING while you are shouting. The sound of your own voice rarely yields much in the way of education. Even hearing stuff you don't want to hear trains your brain. The sound of your own voice doesn't do anything beyond exercising your vocal cords. Tell daddy his $77k per year is going to exercising your vocal cords. See how far that gets you.
There's nothing to be learned from anti-LGBT drivel like the so called "Alliance Defending Freedom." More like the Alliance opposing Freedom, considering that they want to roll back civil rights for gay people. Their words are poison and they should be rightly drowned out.

If you want to express an opposing viewpoint, hold your own speech, don't disrupt theirs.

TLDR

The ADF are little better than the KKK in my opinion. They deserve neither respect nor consideration. They can only be opposed wherever they rear their ugly heads.

There's nothing to be learned from anti-LGBT drivel like the so called "Alliance Defending Freedom." More like the Alliance opposing Freedom, considering that they want to roll back civil rights for gay people. Their words are poison and they should be rightly drowned out.
There is plenty to be learned from "listening" to a view you don't agree with. That is true for Right leaning speakers on campus and left leaning speakers on campus. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

The speakers on campus are invited by University Administration. Take it for granted that they know more about educating than you or me. Oh by the way, your local school board knows more about educating than you or me as well.

If you defend all groups the right to speak, all groups would include the protestors and this wouldn't even be a big deal to you.
Sorry...but you are just being dishonest. This wasnt an open debate forum...it was a scheduled event that invited a panel in to present sides to a viewing audience. The idiots that disrupted the event werent there to participate in a free speech activity, they were intent on PREVENTING free speech. I highly doubt you would champion peoples 'right' to stand and chant in a theater while a movie was playing, or to go into a random classroom and disrupt the education process because they have a 'right' to free speech. I doubt you actually BELIEVE anything you are typing because its so stupid. Rather, you are dutifully presenting the kneejerk leftist support expected of you.

Back
Top Bottom