• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yale ‘Illegally Discriminates’ Against White and Asian students, Justice Department Says

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Yale University’s undergraduate admissions process “illegally discriminates” against White and Asian students, the Department of Justice said Thursday.

A two-year investigation into the Ivy League school found that “race is the determinative factor in hundreds of admissions decisions each year,” in violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the DOJ said in a press release.

The DOJ’s probe of Yale found that Asian American and White students are one-tenth to one-fourth as likely to be admitted to the New Haven, Connecticut, university as Black students with comparable academic resumes, the press release said.

Yale illegally discriminates against White and Asian students, Justice Department says

Harvard wasn't an isolated case. The same curious discriminatory practices against white and Asian applicants exists at Yale, and just like at Harvard, the system appears to favor one group above all others, who then promotes their identity group and shields itself against scrutiny by hiding behind blacks.

Peter Salovey is an American social psychologist and current President of Yale University. His paternal grandfather, Yitzchak Leib was born in Jerusalem in 1895.

Yale University's undergrad student body is 27 percent Jewish (1,500 Jewish undergrads out of 5,477 total). Percentage-wise, it narrowly beats out its Ivy League rival Harvard University, which is 25 percent Jewish (1,675 out of 6,694 undergrads).

Peter Salovey - Wikipedia

The most heavily Jewish US college and other facts about Jews at American colleges - The Jerusalem Post).

Harvard and Yale were founded as Christian colleges, and are Christian no longer.

Harvard wasn't an isolated case. The same curious discriminatory practices against white and Asian applicants exists at Yale, and just like at Harvard, the system appears to favor one group above all others, who then promotes their identity group and shields itself against scrutiny by hiding behind blacks.

Peter Salovey is an American social psychologist and current President of Yale University. His paternal grandfather, Yitzchak Leib was born in Jerusalem in 1895.

Yale University's undergrad student body is 27 percent Jewish (1,500 Jewish undergrads out of 5,477 total). Percentage-wise, it narrowly beats out its Ivy League rival Harvard University, which is 25 percent Jewish (1,675 out of 6,694 undergrads).

The most heavily Jewish US college and other facts about Jews at American colleges - The Jerusalem Post).

Harvard and Yale were founded as Christian colleges, and are Christian no longer.

Your definition of "Christian" is probably the same as the Christian Identity Movement's.

Most “Christian” high school students these days are too busy playing sports, hanging out at the mall, and making out under the bleachers to be studying very hard. That’s why they end up in only barely accredited schools like Liberty University and believe the Earth is only 6000 years old. That’s not Harvard or Yale material.

Most “Christian” high school students these days are too busy playing sports, hanging out at the mall, and making out under the bleachers to be studying very hard. That’s why they end up in only barely accredited schools like Liberty University and believe the Earth is only 6000 years old. That’s not Harvard or Yale material.

Jared Kushner wasn't Harvard material either, which he proved by failing the academic requirements, yet was accepted none the less. And your post doesn't address the discrimination against Asian students whatsoever.

Your definition of "Christian" is probably the same as the Christian Identity Movement's.

Yale was founded with the purpose of being an educational center to train Christian ministers, and Harvard is named after John Harvard, a clergyman. These things occurred long before the schools became a haven for the likes of Laurence Summers, Alan Dershowitz, and Jeffrey Epstein however. I can't imagine why they wanted to keep them out.

I will happily see your white winger culture destroyed. Have fun :)

I will happily see your white winger culture destroyed. Have fun :)

The recent hostile takeover of downtown Seattle illustrates what the future will be like if and when people who think like I do vanish. You'll lose either way, whether I'm victorious or not.

The recent hostile takeover of downtown Seattle illustrates what the future will be like if and when people who think like I do vanish.
I rather doubt your disappearance will have any more impact than your presence, considering that the majority of society doesn't pay you people much attention anyway.
You'll lose either way, whether I'm victorious or not.
You won't be, anyway.

:inandout:

I rather doubt your disappearance will have any more impact than your presence, considering that the majority of society doesn't pay you people much attention anyway. You won't be, anyway.

The left was never really concerned with equality, that was just a clever lie that was used to gain sympathy, and to appear reasonable. The real goal of the left is to displace the majority, & keep them locked out of elite schools by claiming they're fighting discrimination by discriminating to the fullest extent. They've changed the laws to support their particular discrimination, and its worked out surprisingly well for them. Here are the results:

EfWN1nvUMAA3Q19

The left was never really concerned with equality, that was just a clever lie that was used to gain sympathy, and to appear reasonable. The real goal of the left is to displace the majority, & keep them locked out of elite schools by claiming they're fighting discrimination by discriminating to the fullest extent. They've changed the laws to support their particular discrimination, and its worked out surprisingly well for them. Here are the results:

EfWN1nvUMAA3Q19
Yeah, just as I said

I rather doubt your disappearance will have any more impact than your presence, considering that the majority of society doesn't pay you people much attention anyway.
P.S. Can't read whatever you uploaded BTW, browser settings prevent it. Just as well.

<>
The left was never really concerned with equality, that was just a clever lie that was used to gain sympathy, and to appear reasonable.
<>

White people have been so horribly victimized.

:roll:

Yeah, just as I said

P.S. Can't read whatever you uploaded BTW, browser settings prevent it. Just as well.

Haha. Of course you can't. Here, I'll help you- white non-Jewish students are kept out of Harvard, Yale, and Princeton, yet they outnumber jews at schools that specialize in STEM, such as M.I.T. and Caltech, which likely means they outperform them in the most highly esteemed academic fields after all. The argument that jews academically outperform everyone else, and that's why they're the majority at so many elite schools appears to be untrue.

White people have been so horribly victimized.

:roll:
I notice you convenient ignore Asians who are <6% of the US population. I guess they aren't minority enough.

Trying to balance the amount of black students we have in college by allowing them in over more qualified white students is flat out racism and a failed system. There should be no little box on college applications where you check what sex or color you are. College admissions should be based on the rigor of the classes the student took in HS, the grades they got and scores on the ACT and the SAT.

Trying to balance the amount of black students we have in college by allowing them in over more qualified white students is flat out racism and a failed system. There should be no little box on college applications where you check what sex or color you are. College admissions should be based on the rigor of the classes the student took in HS, the grades they got and scores on the ACT and the SAT.
Background should matter..unless you think a kid that went through prep schools and had tutors is the same as a kid working while going to school, stuck in an under performing school, and of course never had a tutor.

I know which one Id hire..

Background should matter..unless you think a kid that went through prep schools and had tutors is the same as a kid working while going to school, stuck in an under performing school, and of course never had a tutor.

I know which one Id hire..

I don’t care what background an applicant has. It shouldn’t be based on hippy social crap it should be very easy as I stated above.

I don’t care what background an applicant has. It shouldn’t be based on hippy social crap it should be very easy as I stated above.
It’s not hippy crap. It’s someone that worked their ass off to do well vs someone that has had everything handed to them. If the kid with everything handed to him is in the same ball park of the kid working hard to get where he is it shows one pretty much capped out and the other with a ton of potential.

One will work at daddy’s business and the other..who knows.

You don't want to know their background but yet you say "College admissions should be based on the rigor of the classes the student took in HS, the grades they got and scores on the ACT and the SAT"

A person's background can impact those things. As stated above, a prep school kid has more advantages to exceed at that criteria than another kid working their ass off to succeed despite a crack head mom and a 2 year old sibling they have to take care of. Maybe they even had all B's one year because they had to take a part time after school job to help pay the bills and their grades suffered. Doesn't that affect the situation?

You don't want to know their background but yet you say "College admissions should be based on the rigor of the classes the student took in HS, the grades they got and scores on the ACT and the SAT"

A person's background can impact those things. As stated above, a prep school kid has more advantages to exceed at that criteria than another kid working their ass off to succeed despite a crack head mom and a 2 year old sibling they have to take care of. Maybe they even had all B's one year because they had to take a part time after school job to help pay the bills and their grades suffered. Doesn't that affect the situation?

Not in my opinion, just because someone comes from money does NOT mean they had a great upbringing. You are making assumptions.

Back
Top Bottom