• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yahoo News Calls Kenya 'The Country Of Obama's Birth'

Well, there's no way to ask about your experiences in a forum like this. I'm getting by here on high school history- Jomo Kenyata and the Mao-Mao, Joseph Nkomo and Roger Mugabe and recent news about Mugabe. Is the country really being bought, farm by farm, by the Chinese?

Kenya has the best government in Africa. Open democracy began in 2003, when Moi stepped down peacefully. Egypt became a piece of crap and might rebound, South Africa is horribly divided (rich/poor, white/black). Transparency and accountability are being called for and progressing at near break-neck speed. It will probably be the crown jewel of Africa's democracy in the near future. Kenya is a strong US ally and has successfully kicked the **** out of Al Shabaab in Somalia. Primary education became free a few years ago and secondary is soon to follow. I plan to be a part of it, settling in Kenya and pushing for organic tea transition (export to Europe) in securing the Mt. Kenya watershed.

Last edited:
Kenya has the best government in Africa. Open democracy began in 2003, when Moi stepped down peacefully. Egypt became a piece of crap and might rebound, South Africa is horribly divided (rich/poor, white/black). Transparency and accountability are being called for and progressing at near break-neck speed. It will probably be the crown jewel of Africa's democracy in the near future. Kenya is a strong US ally and has successfully kicked the **** out of Al Shabaab in Somalia. Primary education became free a few years ago and secondary is soon to follow. I plan to be a part of it, settling in Kenya and pushing for organic tea transition (export to Europe) in securing the Mt. Kenya watershed.

Tea as opposed to Kenya coffee? Both are labour-intensive so I'm guessing you favour tea because of a longer harvest season?

Tea as opposed to Kenya coffee? Both are labour-intensive so I'm guessing you favour tea because of a longer harvest season?

The village also produces coffee, but tea is the best cash crop I've ever seen or heard of:

1. It serves ecology through the prevention of soil erosion.
1a. Can be planted on extreme slopes.
1b. Permaculture with extensive roots and a solid canopy.
1c. Creates a protected undergrowth habitat for fauna.
2. It requires no pesticides.
3. It requires little nutrients.
4. Requires very little labor - pruning once every three years.
5. Provides a year round harvest (it rains at night 8 months/year - the wet side of the mountain)
6. Very stable prices.
7. Minimal community collection and processing required prior to sale.
8. Intercropping (wood and fruit) inclined.

For pics of the physical environment, see: ecofarm's Album: pics
The waist-high light green bush covering the majority of the landscape is tea.
(pic file names give a brief description)

Last edited:
With all the **** that is going on right now in the U.S. and the world, I could really care less where Obama came from. I know that legally speaking it's an important question. Legalities aside, I just don't care. The aristocratic transfers of power that are happening would be happening anyway regardless if Obama were from Kenya or Chicago.

There are more pressing issues to draw our collective gaze to.

The village also produces coffee, but tea is the best cash crop I've ever seen or heard of:

1. It serves ecology through the prevention of soil erosion.
1a. Can be planted on extreme slopes.
1b. Permaculture with extensive roots and a solid canopy.
1c. Creates a protected undergrowth habitat for fauna.
2. It requires no pesticides.
3. It requires little nutrients.
4. Requires very little labor - pruning once every three years.
5. Provides a year round harvest (it rains at night 8 months/year - the wet side of the mountain)
6. Very stable prices.
7. Minimal community collection and processing required prior to sale.
8. Intercroping inclined.

For pics of the physical environment, see: ecofarm's Album: pics
The waist-high light green bush covering the majority of the landscape is tea.
(pic file names give a brief description)

Very cool. The snake isn't poisonous, is it?
Good luck with your work there.

Very cool. The snake isn't poisonous, is it?

The snakes by the streams (and fish pond, pictured) are almost always just water snakes of various sorts. My friend struck the head, as protocol may be, and I was unable to ascertain with certainty the species (I'm not a herpetologist, I'm an ecologist). There are green mambas in the Mt. Kenya National Forest, but that one was probably a common green water snake. I had some encounters with black mambas at the organic school outside Nairobi (KIOF), but that's another story.

There is some info in my visitor messages: View Profile: ecofarm - Debate Politics Forums

It's cold in the village, hats all the time (~1800m elevation, adjacent to the Natl. Forest)

Good luck with your work there.

Thanks.

Last edited:
That means what, exactly? You're hoping that he takes up residence in Africa and let's Biden take over, or you're hoping Air Force One goes down? Either one is pretty tasteless, even if you aren't an Obama fan.

After four plus years in action, most Americans surely must think that even Biden would be an improvement on this fool.

That said, I simply indicated that if he never came back to the continental US it would be a blessing. I don't have to wish the man ill to wish that he just goes away. If America set the guy and his family up in some resort for the next three plus years it would save the country hundreds of billions if not trilliions.

You're the one implying I'm hoping he dies, not me. If anything is pretty tasteless, it's in your own mind. Look within yourself dear.

How long did it take them to make the correction? Are we talkin days, hours, minutes, seconds?

Back
Top Bottom