• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

XL Pipeline

justoneman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Were the XL pipeline not stopped by Biden it would have been completed by now. Oil from Canada and North Dakota would be flowing to refineries. Thousands of good paying jobs would have been created. The price of gasoline would be lower. This is the fault of Joe Biden.

What will be happening one year from now? What further problems might there be, that would be avoided by increased Noth American production. That pipeline needs to be completed.

Were the XL pipeline not stopped by Biden it would have been completed by now. Oil from Canada and North Dakota would be flowing to refineries. Thousands of good paying jobs would have been created. The price of gasoline would be lower. This is the fault of Joe Biden.

What will be happening one year from now? What further problems might there be, that would be avoided by increased Noth American production. That pipeline needs to be completed.
Which refineries would the oil flow to?

Were the XL pipeline not stopped by Biden it would have been completed by now. Oil from Canada and North Dakota would be flowing to refineries.
If Canada had started building their own refineries when that filthy tar sands oil was discovered, they would have been completed by now - in fact, generations ago - and been shipping refined refined crude oil products anywhere in the world, from their own deep water port in Vancouver B.C.
Thousands of good paying jobs would have been created.
At the cost of our environment, and violations of native lands.
The price of gasoline would be lower.
Dozens of factors are involved in this, and we already pay far too little for gas compared to most of the developed world. Our gas should be twice the price, and perhaps we wouldn't waste so much, and pollute so much.
This is the fault of Joe Biden.
This is the bullshit propaganda of the fossil fuel fools.
What will be happening one year from now? What further problems might there be, that would be avoided by increased Noth American production.
What further problems would be incurred by increasing North American production? There's another side to this coin.
That pipeline needs to be completed.
No, it certainly does not.

Isn't it amazing that so many idiots believe that piping filthy tar sands oil 2,600 miles through our heartland is somehow a practical use of infrastructure, instead of piping it 300 miles to Vancouver? And yet when sane adults suggest that we pipe fresh water from the locations in the country that historically have a glut, to the places that historically are under drought, nobody thinks this is practical? Why do you think that is?

If you want to create pipeline building jobs in this country, try addressing the coming water shortage problems. We should have been recharging our aquifers generations ago, and would have been, but for the idiots who are afraid of federal infrastructure programs.

They already did.
Not anymore.

Which refineries would the oil flow to?
Probably the ones in Louisianna that were built to handle the acidic sludge oil from Venezuela. Given the political situation, that source is offline for the foreseeable future.

One in Texas and one in Illinois.
I don't think the one in Illinois can handle the tar-sand oil. It's very abrasive. Texas refineries are a possibility. Anything on the gulf coast. makes sense.

Were the XL pipeline not stopped by Biden it would have been completed by now.
Starting an OP with a false statement isn't a good move.

Oil from Canada and North Dakota would be flowing to refineries. Thousands of good paying jobs would have been created. The price of gasoline would be lower. This is the fault of Joe Biden.

North Dakota? Got a cite for that?

This is all I found.

Dozens of factors are involved in this, and we already pay far too little for gas compared to most of the developed world. Our gas should be twice the price, and perhaps we wouldn't waste so much, and pollute so much.
We pay far too little? Are you crazy? Do you own a car?

Starting an OP with a false statement isn't a good move.

North Dakota? Got a cite for that?

This is all I found.

Williston basin. North Dalota.

Not anymore.

Probably the ones in Louisianna that were built to handle the acidic sludge oil from Venezuela. Given the political situation, that source is offline for the foreseeable future.

I don't think the one in Illinois can handle the tar-sand oil. It's very abrasive. Texas refineries are a possibility. Anything on the gulf coast. makes sense.
Crude from Williston basin would also be moved by the pipeline.

hahaha-your-funny.gif

I was wondering if you were just a POE, you've just confirmed it.

If Canada had started building their own refineries when that filthy tar sands oil was discovered, they would have been completed by now - in fact, generations ago - and been shipping refined refined crude oil products anywhere in the world, from their own deep water port in Vancouver B.C.

What further problems would be incurred by increasing North American production? There's another side to this coin.

Isn't it amazing that so many idiots believe that piping filthy tar sands oil 2,600 miles through our heartland is somehow a practical use of infrastructure, instead of piping it 300 miles to Vancouver? And yet when sane adults suggest that we pipe fresh water from the locations in the country that historically have a glut, to the places that historically are under drought, nobody thinks this is practical? Why do you think that is?

If you want to create pipeline building jobs in this country, try addressing the coming water shortage problems. We should have been recharging our aquifers generations ago, and would have been, but for the idiots who are afraid of federal infrastructure programs.

Evangelical christians have nothing on environmental zealots.

Williston basin. North Dalota.
Eh. That's not a cite. I took it upon myself to look. Yes, there are places in ND and Montana with resources, and speculators had their eyes on TC Energy. That doesn't mean they would have been producing nor connected to the XL by now.

false
Oil from Canada and North Dakota would be flowing to refineries.
false
Thousands of good paying jobs would have been created.
false
jobs created were going to be temporary 6-18months once started
permanent jobs were going to be around 30 if i remember right and mostly in Canada only like 5 American jobs
it actually had the potential to end more permanent jobs then create with the displacement of families, farms and business and currently the keystone pipeline is supplemented by truck and rail
The price of gasoline would be lower.
false since the type of oil that it would be transporting is a dirt type of TAR oil and it seels to the ASAIN market not us gasoline
This is the fault of Joe Biden.
also false
the XL was trying to get built for what 10+ years and ran into many problems because of environmental concerns and eminent domain issues and major risk to water supplies

What will be happening one year from now? What further problems might there be, that would be avoided by increased Noth American production.
none caused by the XL pipeline in relation to worldwide gas price issues

That pipeline needs to be completed.
if you could snap your fingers and make it complete right now, or magically making it completed since last summer we would still have the same issue we have now and Canadas TC Energy Corporation itself has no interest in reviving it
its CANADIAN tar oil for ASIAN markets

while your post and the lies in it majorly failed because of how stupid those claims were and how much false narrative propaganda it was at least it wasnt as stupid as the people that just think the pipeline was "turned off" and just needs turned back on. So at least thats something, still wrong but not as wrong as that lol

for learning and reading
_116610231_0de94ccb-ff39-4ae7-afcc-11e6b7f2d1a8 (1).jpg

Somebody has been watching too much Hannity again. How is extending a pipeline that is already bringing crude from Canada to the US just to make it cheaper and more efficient for Canada going to help alleviate our problems here? These are the same people that think Biden controls the price of gas around the world.

Less Hannity, more fact finding please.

Somebody has been watching too much Hannity again. How is extending a pipeline that is already bringing crude from Canada to the US just to make it cheaper and more efficient for Canada going to help alleviate our problems here? These are the same people that think Biden controls the price of gas around the world.

Less Hannity, more fact finding please.
Really? You don't understand? For shale oil and tar sands to be cost effective to extract either the price per barrel needs to be high enough and or the costs of delivery low enough. Pipelines are the way to cheaply transport. The existing pipeline alone cannot transport enough oil to allow for in greater production. Greater production puts more oil in the market. Greater oil in the market lowers the price of gasoline. Joe Biden singlehandedly restricted oil on the market.

Last edited:
Thanks for quoting me but what's your point now?

Really? You don't understand? For shale oil and tar sands to be cost effective to extract either the price per barrel needs to be high enough and or the costs of delivery low enough. Pipelines are the way to cheaply transport. The existing pipeline alone cannot transport enough oil to allow for in greater production. Greater production puts more oil in the market. Greater oil in the market lowers the price of gasoline. Joe Biden singlehandedly restricted oil on the market.
All this benefits Canada, how does it help us? Also the majority of this oil goes to China via Venezuela from our ports, how is that good for us? Again, less Hannity please.

We pay far too little? Are you crazy? Do you own a car?
Not any more. I gave mine up 12 years ago.

Which is actually beside the point. Higher gas prices translate to higher prices of all groceries and other deliverable goods, which I also pay for down the line, so I'm not immune to the impact of my own suggestion. But since the first times I visited Europe and Canada 45 years ago, I've known that we pay far too little at the pump, and that discount is all deliberately imaginary and misleading, in part due to fossil fuel lobbying.

The fact is our tax dollars - my tax dollars - subsidize the petroleum industry, and always have - even though I gave up my car. AND our road building and maintenance subsidizes the petroleum industry! AND our taxes pay for cleanups of toxic fossil fuel spills and dumps, which also subsidizes the petroleum industry! AND we all pay more for healthcare, because petrochemicals are toxic to human life, contributing to our illnesses, and essentially subsidizing the petroleum industry yet again! If we were paying what gasoline actually costs us - in hidden tax subsidies and healthcare costs - we'd be paying $12-$15/gal at the pumps . . or more. For proof of the fact that we pay too little, one need look no further than the % of SUVs sold in the US, when compared to the rest of western civilization. If Americans can afford to tank up in something that gets 15-20 mpg, then we're paying way too little for gas.

If you want gas to be half the price it costs you now, then I have a simple solution. Drive something that gets twice the miles per gallon!

Do your really want to pay less for gas? Then tell these companies they should make less profit! Here's more than 1.13 TRILLION DOLLAR$ . . . . . in PROFIT - and that's for a single year! Why don't you blame them for higher gas prices?!!?
  • Saudi Aramco – $230bn in 2020. ...
  • Royal Dutch Shell – $181bn in 2020. ...
  • BP – $180bn in 2020. ...
  • ExxonMobil - $179bn in 2020. ...
  • TotalEnergies, formerly known as Total – $120bn in 2020. ...
  • Chevron - $94bn in 2020. ...
  • Gazprom - $85bn in 2020. ...
  • Marathon - $70bn in 2020.

just like your failed dishonest and factually wrong op, facts and links dont support your claims LMAO keep trying though its funny!
😂🍿

just like your failed dishonest and factually wrong op, facts and links dont support your claims LMAO keep trying though its funny!
😂🍿
I find the whole dustup about shutting down Keystone....stunning for its stupidity. Its like oil is this magic knee jerk word that turns off peoples minds and turns on their gonads. Goof post up there at #16 by the way.

Canada doesn't build refineries. Neither does the USA.
This whole situation is on the oil companies.

Oh, and It's a tad more than 300 miles from Fort McMurray to Vancouver. More like 1,500.

Back
Top Bottom