• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see signatures, mine or anyone else’s. I do have the box checked off in preferences but is there some other super secret button I need to click?

Turn them back on. You have to choose all or none.

Quotes in signatures should now have a different look than normal quotes.

Looking for feedback... unforuntatly the old links in the quotes did not transfer.

I asked about the possibility of adding our own widgets back when we were in vbulletin but that was a no-go. Is this any more a possibility in xf? What I'd like is to be able to add quick toggles for things like the number of pages per thread or quickly switching between styles.

I asked about the possibility of adding our own widgets back when we were in vbulletin but that was a no-go. Is this any more a possibility in xf? What I'd like is to be able to add quick toggles for things like the number of pages per thread or quickly switching between styles.
It might be possible, we have not explored a quick style swtich yet. Ability to change posts per page is on the list.

Quotes in signatures should now have a different look than normal quotes.

Looking for feedback... unforuntatly the old links in the quotes did not transfer.
I like! I like a lot!

It might be possible, we have not explored a quick style swtich yet. Ability to change posts per page is on the list.

Thanks. I might have been clear and you addressed the intent of my question, but just in case I wasn't, the intended widgets I'm referring to would be things individual users could add to the front (top or whatever) of every page. Some websites do this, so I don't if maybe this software allows that sort of thing here.

Is there a way to quickly go back to where you were after you reply to a post? On the old DP, I could click my back button and it would take me to the first unread post. On this one, it just takes me to the bottom of the previous page.

Is there a way to quickly go back to where you were after you reply to a post? On the old DP, I could click my back button and it would take me to the first unread post. On this one, it just takes me to the bottom of the previous page.
In the upper right hand corner of your post there is an option to "bookmark". Clicking that....should do something but I'll be damned if I know what that "something" is.

OK. I've got it now!

If you click the "bookmark" then it stores that location. To get back to that spot you click your name up at the top of the page and then hover over the information bar where "your account" is printed. The "bookmark" link then appears and you can click it to get to. When you're donee, there is an option to delete the bookmark in the same place you found it.

OK. I've got it now!

If you click the "bookmark" then it stores that location. To get back to that spot you click your name up at the top of the page and then hover over the information bar where "your account" is printed. The "bookmark" link then appears and you can click it to get to. When you're donee, there is an option to delete the bookmark in the same place you found it.

Thanks, but I was looking for a quick way.

Why don't we have "first page" and "last page" buttons in our thread navigation rows anymore? Now we have only Previous and Next, which is not good enough when a thread is more than three pages long.

Why don't we have "first page" and "last page" buttons in our thread navigation rows anymore? Now we have only Previous and Next, which is not good enough when a thread is more than three pages long.
Whatcha talkin' about, Willis? This page, for example, has page 1, select a page, and the last three pages (5-7) available for navigation. The nav options are at both the top and the bottom of the page.

Whatcha talkin' about, Willis? This page, for example, has page 1, select a page, and the last three pages (5-7) available for navigation. The nav options are at both the top and the bottom of the page.

Why are you calling me Willis?

You know exactly what I am talking about.

Why are you calling me Willis?

You know exactly what I am talking about.
LMAO!!!

"Whatcha talkin' about, Willis" is a reference to a sitcom that was probably on before you were born.

The world don't beat to the sound of just one drum.

Damn, I was close?

Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you, may not be right for some.

It is automatic and a feature. The flag can be turned off under avatar via preferences.
Realize that people are busy with tweaks and such

Can this feature also be tweaked where the member can choose or is it part of another add on?

Realize that people are busy with tweaks and such

Can this feature also be tweaked where the member can choose or is it part of another add on?
The flag is an add on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom