• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I learned that if I highlight a section of a post, I get a widget thingy that pops up offering me the option to quote(which sends it to multiquote), or reply, which quotes just the highlighted part in the post editor. For example, I can add just a part of Schweddy's above post to this by highlighting the text and selecting reply, like this:
top menu bar

That is actually handy!

For those that were using Tapatalk, you may want to just try this in your browser. Using Safari the functionality and readability of the site is WAY better than the old site in Tapatalk

Today I learned that if I highlight a section of a post, I get a widget thingy that pops up offering me the option to quote(which sends it to multiquote), or reply, which quotes just the highlighted part in the post editor. For example, I can add just a part of Schweddy's above post to this by highlighting the text and selecting reply, like this:

That is actually handy!
highlight.png

Yeah...one of my faves

Can the empty boxes in this post be removed? I can't get rid of them. I could delete and repost, but it's the OP in the thread.

And................this is about the point in any big project where the adrenaline is wearing off.

Donuts and Coffee??

Can the empty boxes in this post be removed? I can't get rid of them. I could delete and repost, but it's the OP in the thread.

Done

How does Multi-Quote work now?

I ticked a bunch and none of them showed up in the quote response that I made...

Thoughts on quote color and signature line?

I know this will be brutal - let me hear it. ;)

Thoughts on quote color and signature line?

I know this will be brutal - let me hear it.

I like the default quote box color.

The signature font absolutely needs to be size 3 on all schemes and black on DP 3. Also, I can't preview my signature anymore.

How does Multi-Quote work now?

I ticked a bunch and none of them showed up in the quote response that I made...
If you click on "+Quote" in more than one post, scroll to the bottom (or use the blue arrows that appear in the lower right hand corner when you start to scroll) and click on the "Insert Quotes" button that now appears at the bottom of the text box.

I like the default quote box color.

The signature font absolutely needs to be size 3 on all schemes and black on DP 3. Also, I can't preview my signature anymore.
I'm working on the font sizing momentarily.

If you click on "+Quote" in more than one post, scroll to the bottom (or use the blue arrows that appear in the lower right hand corner when you start to scroll) and click on the "Insert Quotes" button that now appears at the bottom of the text box.
I'm working on the font sizing momentarily.

Ahhh... nice. THANKS!

How do I have the Canadian Flag, I turn it on and US Flag is the default.

Pls do not tell me that was in the video

How do I have the Canadian Flag, I turn it on and US Flag is the default. Please do not tell me that was in the video.

You don't have a flag. If you did, it would be red and white with a maple leaf.

Weird. Is there any chance you are using an American server?
That worked
An option that should be added.

Is it an add on?

Note- I hope the Mods do not have to manually change that as they must with an incorrectly entered birth date

That worked
An option that should be added.

Is it an add on?

Note- I hope the Mods do not have to manually change that as they must with an incorrectly entered birth date
It is automatic and a feature. The flag can be turned off under avatar via preferences.

If you need help with doing something in xF, please post a description here. Please read through the thread before posting as your issue may have already been brought up and/or addressed.

Keep in mind there is a tutorial video here which may answer some of your questions - https://debatepolitics.com/threads/xenforo-instructional-video.419264/

Could you let me know what the "hex colour" for the background of the posts is?

I do like the fact that the emailed link actually takes you to the actual post rather than to someplace at the top of the last page of the thread.

TUC

I realize that I could eventually find it if I floundered around enough, but what happened to the PM function?

Lost feature: when your post is over 5000 characters, it used to say how many there were, so you knew how much to trim. Now, it doesn't.

I don’t see signatures, mine or anyone else’s. I do have the box checked off in preferences but is there some other super secret button I need to click?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom