• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Blogs, awards, donations (and the various levels) are a work in progress - we will get to these soon.

Blogs are temporarily housed in a forum at the bottom of the home page. We will eventually get blogs up and running after testing is done on an add-on.

We didn't want to hold getting the site back up and running for these.

I just noticed that posts made on all user's profile pages are showing up under "What's New". Is that supposed to be happening?

I just noticed that posts made on all user's profile pages are showing up under "What's New". Is that supposed to be happening?
Yes. It is kinda strange. Profile posts were public before just a bit harder to find. This is NOT the same as private conversations.

BTW, now we can have multiple peeps in a private conversation. :)

Yes. It is kinda strange. Profile posts were public before just a bit harder to find. This is NOT the same as private conversations.

BTW, now we can have multiple peeps in a private conversation. :)
Yeah. It was just a lot more obvious than it had been. Frankly, I like the accessibility of this software a lot better. Finding new posts, posts in threads you're involved with and your own posts is a little bit more intuitive. So far so good!

I cannot find where to turn off displayed avatars. Has this feature been discontinued?

Wow! Lots of stuff to tweek on alerts. It's kind of interesting to get a notification when someone posts in a thread you're involved with but we'll have to see how interesting it still is after walking away for a few hours and then coming back to hundreds of notifications.

I cannot find where to turn off displayed avatars. Has this feature been discontinued?
I do not believe that option is available in the new software.

Page 1 of Genera politics has only 4 threads displayed, with four sub-forums and that terrible stickied thread about 'political compass' Libertarian propaganda.

Page 2 has only ten threads displayed. That's not nearly enough. Maybe the hard to look at big, thick, bolded text is part of the problem, but whatever it is, 20-25 threads per page is a lot more useful.

I have 20 threads showing on the first page of General Politics.

The new DP software upgrade no longer allows me to use my old iPad - which was to be expected, I suppose. I am now using my newer iPad and get an image is too large error message when attempting to include (imbed?) a photo within a post.

The new DP software upgrade no longer allows me to use my old iPad - which was to be expected, I suppose. I am now using my newer iPad and get an image is too large error message when attempting to include (imbed?) a photo within a post.
It should resize itself. @RedAkston any ideas?

Whenever I arrive at the last post in a thread, a “reply” box appears; is this normal or am I fat-fingering something?

Whenever I arrive at the last post in a thread, a “reply” box appears; is this normal or am I fat-fingering something?

Normal.

My girlfriend figured out how to edit (shrink/crop) an iPad photo thus allowing the reduced size image to be imported (embedded?) into a DP post.

One thing of note: the embed media tool is really powerful. If the image is from something posted on the internets, just use the embed media tool. Admittedly does not help for pictures you took yourself...

Everytime a poster posts in a thread I participated in gets a “notification?”

Wow! Lots of stuff to tweek on alerts. It's kind of interesting to get a notification when someone posts in a thread you're involved with but we'll have to see how interesting it still is after walking away for a few hours and then coming back to hundreds of notifications.
Yep. Agreed. Easily addressed via the 'preferences' link at the bottom of the 'notifications' pull down. First thing I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom