• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Bugs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insert image by URL.

I don't know whether this is a bug, something to do with size of the linked file, or that a site (often giphy.com) is providing an awful lot of bad links when I use "copy image location" and link to it, but I'm getting an awful lot of indications that posting a gif failed even though it appeared to work before posting. You know, that picture with the red X through it. Ditto for if I view the post in preview.

But then if I edit the post, I can suddenly see the gif again. Like these two Monty Python gifs:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
It's the file size, too big.

Maybe I missed this, but can we no longer delete PMs?

I assume there’s no cap on PM boxes anymore?
PM's are now called conversations and you can remove yourself from them. And no, there is no cap, at least not presently.

Sorry to bug you. A question about sigs.
My attempts to change it failed. I tried 1 sentence, but it keeps telling me that I have exceeded the max by 3 lines. Thought it might be the size, tried going down to font size 1, but it is stuck at 9. I am currently set on size 15.

Sorry to bug you. A question about sigs.
My attempts to change it failed. I tried 1 sentence, but it keeps telling me that I have exceeded the max by 3 lines. Thought it might be the size, tried going down to font size 1, but it is stuck at 9. I am currently set on size 15.
The limits are 200 characters and 3 lines. Does your one sentence exceed 200 characters?

When I do a paste of copied text, the forum software places a space at the beginning and the end of the text. It is incredibly annoying and pointless, since there is not supposed to be a space between a quotation mark and the word that comes next.

" This isn't how it's supposed to look. "

"It needs to look like this."

And I have to putz around to make it right every time.

Can this obvious bug be fixed?

When I do a paste of copied text, the forum software places a space at the beginning and the end of the text. It is incredibly annoying and pointless, since there is not supposed to be a space between a quotation mark and the word that comes next.

This isn't a bug, this is a formatting setting. I'll look into it.

When I reviewed a post on my iPhone, it had an ad in it.
Who got paid? You guys or some digital grifter in Fresno? .

Might not be a forum bug. Are you double clicking on what you are copying? That will a lot of times put extra spaces in for me, regardless of site or program.

I have been getting notifications from the future for a couple of days now, not sure if this is intended behaviour. I'll get a new notification, and when I click my notifications, it will sometimes say "so and so" (in a moment.) Until the post shows past tense not future tense in my notifications, if I click on it, it takes me to where the post would be, but it won't be there for a few seconds to a couple of minutes.

This time I saw a full two minutes into the future, just wanted to make staff aware so we don't accidentally destroy the spacetime continuum.
20201212_171754.jpg

I have been getting notifications from the future for a couple of days now, not sure if this is intended behaviour. I'll get a new notification, and when I click my notifications, it will sometimes say "so and so" (in a moment.) Until the post shows past tense not future tense in my notifications, if I click on it, it takes me to where the post would be, but it won't be there for a few seconds to a couple of minutes.

This time I saw a full two minutes into the future, just wanted to make staff aware so we don't accidentally destroy the spacetime continuum.
View attachment 67308527
That's awesome! I'm betting the time on your device is at least 2 minutes slower than the time on the server.

I haven't been able to locate a fix for this. It's annoying I know.

Sorry

Lately, my browser has been shrinking the page, which happens about 30% of the time.

Chrome, iPhone iOS..

It’s irritating. Spontaneously happens snd spontaneously goes beck to C5676139-5D18-48BF-9796-451525D20205.pngnormsl

screenshot:

I haven't been able to locate a fix for this. It's annoying I know.

Sorry
I thought you had fixed it, actually, since I'd pasted some text earlier today that didn't get spaced.

View attachment 67308527
I just saw this myself a couple of minutes ago on my own notifications, it's hilarious!

If you see something is missing or broken, please let us know here. Please include a screenshot and a description of the issue as well. Please read through the thread before making a post as the issue may have already been brought up and/or addressed.

The selection bar at the top of my posting space is blurred, so I can't select Italics, Underline, etc. It's happened before. Please help.

Best,
Blue

The selection bar at the top of my posting space is blurred, so I can't select Italics, Underline, etc. It's happened before. Please help.

Best,
Blue

1610327714448.png

to get to the normal toolbar.

When i push the back button on my iphone 12 using microsoft edge, my entire browser freezes and sometimes my iphone freezes. Not sure what causes it

When i push the back button on my iphone 12 using microsoft edge, my entire browser freezes and sometimes my iphone freezes. Not sure what causes it
This sounds like a browser issue, not an issue with xF software. We haven't made any changes to the software since it was installed on the server.

This sounds like a browser issue, not an issue with xF software. We haven't made any changes to the software since it was installed on the server.
Ill try on a different browser

Ok i can confirm its a browser issue as i tried it on Safari and it works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom