• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Bugs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I'm lazy and don't get to a response right away. Sometimes I'm not at the forum for a few days. The old forum software had functionality that would show you everyone who's quoted you. I assumed we wouldn't step backward.

How does me bookmarking every single post where I'm quoted use less resources than a simple forum search function? How does this solve the problem of a several-day absence from the forum?
The new software didn't step backward at all. In many ways, it's far superior to the old software. There are features on xF that vB didn't have and there were features that vB had that xF doesn't.

The new software didn't step backward at all. In many ways, it's far superior to the old software. There are features on xF that vB didn't have and there were features that vB had that xF doesn't.
Thank you for responding to the least significant part of the post and ignoring the rest.

Thank you for responding to the least significant part of the post and ignoring the rest.
I get the impression that you're not going to be happy no matter what we tell you. Best of luck to you.

I get the impression that you're not going to be happy no matter what we tell you. Best of luck to you.
Maybe. There's no way for me to know, since my initial question (is there a way to see who's quoted you other than alerts) remains unanswered.

Who are currently viewing a thread should be down at the bottom of threads. It shows avatars now instead of names.

I just visited the top 10 threads in the Presidential Election section and all of the new threads listed on the right side of the homepage.

There were no names or avatars of members currently visiting these threads down on the bottom of any of these thread pages.

I just visited the top 10 threads in the Presidential Election section and all of the new threads listed on the right side of the homepage.

There were no names or avatars of members currently visiting these threads down on the bottom of any of these thread pages.
This should be fixed now.

Maybe. There's no way for me to know, since my initial question (is there a way to see who's quoted you other than alerts) remains unanswered.
Alerts is where the notification of people who quote you show up on xF. I've extended the time that the alert from when someone quotes you from 3 days to 7 days.

Alerts is where the notification of people who quote you show up on xF. I've extended the time that the alert from when someone quotes you from 3 days to 7 days.
Thank you. Is that an option that can be released to each individual member to set for themselves? A week is better than 3 days, but I very much like the ability we used to have to pull up every post that quotes me. If not, could we do a month?

Thank you. Is that an option that can be released to each individual member to set for themselves? A week is better than 3 days, but I very much like the ability we used to have to pull up every post that quotes me. If not, could we do a month?
A month might be a bit taxing on the server for users that are very active. Seeing who all has quoted is a feature that we miss.

Don't give up yet.

It is a forum setting, it is not user specific. 7 days is more than enough time for these to be visible. We're trying to limit the amount of resources being used to maintain the level of performance we're getting right now. They are visible until you see the notice, then the 7 day countdown begins.

7 days is more than enough time for these to be visible.
Agree to disagree, but I thank you for extending the window to a week.

They are visible until you see the notice, then the 7 day countdown begins.
Thanks for that clarification, also.

If I hit the “insert quotes” button during a post, I wind up in “Review Selected Messages”. Seem pretty obtuse to me, since the “selected messages” are from all over the place.

If I hit the “insert quotes” button during a post, I wind up in “Review Selected Messages”. Seem pretty obtuse to me, since the “selected messages” are from all over the place.
This should allow you to select only the ones you would like to quotes to insert for the reply.

You're right, it feels like it should say "Reveiw selected Quotes", but the contents are actually the complete post or message that was selected.

Not sure if this got mentioned, but I don't have time to search before work. The site is no longer working with Tapatalk.

Not sure if this got mentioned, but I don't have time to search before work. The site is no longer working with Tapatalk.

well.....darn!

Last few days I have been getting “ghost alerts.” The alert bell gets a red field with a #1. When clicking on the alert icon, I get ans ‘oops’ error message instructing me to refresh the page. When refreshing the alert disappears and only the last ,already read, alert is in the que..

Last few days I have been getting “ghost alerts.” The alert bell gets a red field with a #1. When clicking on the alert icon, I get ans ‘oops’ error message instructing me to refresh the page. When refreshing the alert disappears and only the last ,already read, alert is in the que..
That's strange....can you remember anything about what the alert said? Was a it a reaction or reply?

That's strange....can you remember anything about what the alert said? Was a it a reaction or reply?
I clicked on the ‘alert’ icon, then get the ‘oops‘error message, dont remember the actual wording, comes as a thin header at the top of the post. After ‘refreshing’ the page the alert disappears and only already read alerts are available. Next time I’ll grab a screen shot.....

Last few days I have been getting “ghost alerts.” The alert bell gets a red field with a #1. When clicking on the alert icon, I get ans ‘oops’ error message instructing me to refresh the page. When refreshing the alert disappeas and only the last ,already read, alert is in the que..
Do you get this when you first visit DP? If so, it's a cookie issue and a refresh will clear it. I get this on our test system every time I connect. I haven't seen it on the live system yet. We'll look into it.

Do you get this when you first visit DP? If so, it's a cookie issue and a refresh will clear it. I get this on our test system every time I connect. I haven't seen it on the live system yet. We'll look into it.

Seems random, I’ll try to remember a screen shot next time.

I just noticed the forum celebrates the birthday of banned members, lol!
I know this has been weeks, but it just caught my attention. I haven't visited this thread. Who in particular have you seen celebrated?

I'm hoping this is some weird bug, possibly related to traffic tonight.

I briefly found that I had "insufficient posting privileges" to post anywhere. I thought "gee, I really didn't do anything that could possibly result in a ban", so I logged out, then back in. Now I can post again.

Hopefully just a weird little software hiccup, not something affecting lots of people.

I'm hoping this is some weird bug, possibly related to traffic tonight.

I briefly found that I had "insufficient posting privileges" to post anywhere. I thought "gee, I really didn't do anything that could possibly result in a ban", so I logged out, then back in. Now I can post again.

Hopefully just a weird little software hiccup, not something affecting lots of people.
**cough** someone clicked the wrong box on the back end **cough**

It should be all good now.

Insert image by URL.

I don't know whether this is a bug, something to do with size of the linked file, or that a site (often giphy.com) is providing an awful lot of bad links when I use "copy image location" and link to it, but I'm getting an awful lot of indications that posting a gif failed even though it appeared to work before posting. You know, that picture with the red X through it. Ditto for if I view the post in preview.

But then if I edit the post, I can suddenly see the gif again. Like these two Monty Python gifs:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom