• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Bugs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I apply a formatting option (italics or bold, for example) using keyboard commands (ctrl-i or ctrl-b, respectively), the change is not applied but instead the cursor is moved to wherever my mouse pointer is located within the reply box. I have to keep making sure my mouse pointer is outside the boundary of the reply block when typing, keep looking at what I'm typing to make sure it's going in the right spot, find where it is going when it's not going in the right spot, and make sure to move my mouse back outside the box when I use it to put my cursor back where it should have been in the first place. This seems like a bug. If it's intentional, someone, somewhere, is an idiot.

I just discovered that the old emojis are not available. They were much better than what's offered now. Any way they can be added back and the ones we have chucked?

I just discovered that the old emojis are not available. They were much better than what's offered now. Any way they can be added back and the ones we have chucked?

They checked and said they look terrible on the new software, so no import will happen.

Default color style fixed:
1. Filter bar - this is now blue. This is the bar at the top of the forum list (used to be same as background)
2. Popup menu colors fixed when clicking on the filter bar
3. Forum descriptions & time of post text should be easier to see now (slightly darker)
4. Mod menu color corrected
5. Fixed notifications no longer always bold
6. Two Tsingtao beers gone
7. Fixed color of Profile bar

:)

Last edited:
Click on "What's New" at the top of the forum or click on the dropdown arrow. New posts, New Profile posts, News feeds (folks you follow and watched threads) and Latest activity.

You can "watch" a specific forum clicking on watch (top right) on a forum listing. This will add to your news feeds as well.

Many thanks.

Default color style fixed:
1. Filter bar - this is now blue. This is the bar at the top of the forum list (used to be same as background)
2. Popup menu colors fixed when clicking on the filter bar
3. Forum descriptions & time of post text should be easier to see now (slightly darker)
4. Mod menu color corrected
5. Fixed notifications no longer always bold
6. Two Tsingtao beers gone
7. Fixed color of Profile bar

:)

I am lost.

Trying to find Forum Rules.

My online status is still showing...any way to fix that? Thanks!

Maybe I'm missing something, but I have a problem with the "post reply" system.

A couple of times since using this new forum set-up I've found that if I click "reply" and they decide I don't want to respond after all...there is no DELETE REPLY option.

Just "reply" and "Preview."

When I went to "Preview" I don't see a "delete" option there either.

Am I missing something?
For some reason, the developers don't think we need a cancel button for the reply box, but they gave us one for the edit box and the create new thread box. I'm pushing the issue with the developers because there are several people asking for a cancel button and I don't like the idea just being dismissed.

Hopefully this will show up in a future update, but for now we'll just have to live without a cancel button.

Is it possible to set the word filter to accept certain common non-vulgar words that contain a part of something deemed vulgar? ie, "****" in "cocktail" was filtered in this guy's thread title:

Not a big deal, but a bit silly. I can type "dick", but not "****."

I just noticed the forum celebrates the birthday of banned members, lol!

It should celebrate the ban date.

Is it possible to set the word filter to accept certain common non-vulgar words that contain a part of something deemed vulgar? ie, "****" in "****tail" was filtered in this guy's thread title:

Not a big deal, but a bit silly. I can type "dick", but not "****."

It should celebrate the ban date.
We used to have a long list of words and have condensed down signifiantly. Unfortuntatly, the system is not smart enough to know if one is calling a personal a name or a phallic attack. Nor do we want it that smart because it would require use of a third party.

We could remove the asterisks after the C word. That might make sense so that would could refer to a drink without it being filtered.

Edit: Done. Cocktail should no longer be filtered going forward.

in case nobody is aware of this tapatalk does not seem to be connecting to the site anymore. It was working fine up until about 2 days ago. I don't know if its on my end or related to the site. I just wanted to make you all aware of it.

We used to have a long list of words and have condensed down signifiantly. Unfortuntatly, the system is not smart enough to know if one is calling a personal a name or a phallic attack. Nor do we want it that smart because it would require use of a third party.

We could remove the asterisks after the C word. That might make sense so that would could refer to a drink without it being filtered.

Edit: Done. ****tail should no longer be filtered going forward.

Testing: cocktail.

Edit: it is still filtered.

in case nobody is aware of this tapatalk does not seem to be connecting to the site anymore. It was working fine up until about 2 days ago. I don't know if its on my end or related to the site. I just wanted to make you all aware of it.
@RedAkston are you having this issue as well?

Testing: ****tail.

Edit: it is still filtered.
Yeah I goofed on the 'fix'. We are researching... they have a simple way of filtering words but it isn't as smart as we had hoped.

Glad cocktail was fixed...it even messed with hyperlinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom