• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Bugs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bug (undocumented feature?) may (or may not) be related to the new DP, since I have also switched to using a much newer iPad (and related IOS), but I am now experiencing the (rather random) capitalization of the first letter of words when composing replies.
This is a test from my newer iPad with new iOS.

i am not seeing it. Does anyone else on iOS get the capitalization issue ttwtt is reporting?

I'm getting basement threads in my search results. Not sure if that's an intended change or a bug.

I'm getting basement threads in my search results. Not sure if that's an intended change or a bug.
Unfortunatly, we are unable to remove that place from results. For now, if you have access, you will see search results.

This is a test from my newer iPad with new iOS.

i am not seeing it. Does anyone else on iOS get the capitalization issue ttwtt is reporting?

Try editing (inserting) a new word between two others. It seems to make it happen more often (yet still randomly).

Try editing (inserting) a new word between two others. It seems to make it happen more often (yet still randomly).
This is still another iPad test.

I still cannot replicate it, which does not mean a whole lot.

edit: the W in whole did try to capitalize, so I did kinda replicate it.

This is still another iPad test.

I still cannot replicate it, which does not mean a whole lot.

edit: the W in whole did try to capitalize, so I did kinda replicate it.

Thank You. My girlfriend, who is very tech savvy, suspects that it is the iOS trying to “help” me.

Here's an issue with Shades of Blue, at least ón the mobile browser version of the site.

When composing a reply, if new comments are added, you get a little popdown letting you know, with an option to view them. On shades of blue, the "view them" text is invisible, so you have to blindly tap around the whole box looking for the button. The "view them" text isn't always in the same place, otherwise it wouldn't bother me very much.

Shades of Gray:
20200924_103032.jpg

Shades of Blue:
20200924_103054.jpg

Is anyone else getting Email notifications of threads that you haven't subscribed to?

Did you guys tweak the backgrounds or have I just gone crazy? Either I'm getting more used to the styles or somebody made some very subtle, but pretty effective, adjustments to their shades of whatever color!

This bug (undocumented feature?) may (or may not) be related to the new DP, since I have also switched to using a much newer iPad (and related IOS), but I am now experiencing the (rather random) capitalization of the first letter of words when composing replies.
That's probably an iPad thing. I have the same issue on my phone because, sometimes, I end up with a period instead of a comma. I figure that the other times it capitalizes something are my fault too because my typing skills are bad enough but when it's just thumbs....

Did you guys tweak the backgrounds or have I just gone crazy? Either I'm getting more used to the styles or somebody made some very subtle, but pretty effective, adjustments to their shades of whatever color!
There was a change that made the quote boxes in sigs stand out more. Thanks Schweddy!

I have my online status unchecked, yet it seems to be showing up or is that only for my viewing? I'm not sure...

I have my online status unchecked, yet it seems to be showing up or is that only for my viewing? I'm not sure...
Right now I'd have never known you were online unless you said something.

This is a known issue, we are working on it.

Right now I'd have never known you were online unless you said something.
Women are just nosier that way...we pay attention to the details...;)

This is a known issue, we are working on it.
Appreciate that, Schweddy, all y'all's hard work is payin' off...lookin' good...😎

Are you on desktop, mobile or tablet? Also, which 'style' i.e. DP 3.0

Yesterday I could paste images into posts. Today I can't. BUT it seems some users still can? Any idea what is going on?

Yesterday I could paste images into posts. Today I can't. BUT it seems some users still can? Any idea what is going on?
We have made no changes to the copy/paste image system since launch. What does it do when you attempt?

We have made no changes to the copy/paste image system since launch. What does it do when you attempt?

Nothing.

I just attempted to paste a cartoon above, no response to the CTRL+V

I can paste into word with no issue, so it's getting on the clipboard.

I also note that all text controls are greyed out, hmm let me try and bold this.. Okay, I seem to be in a text mode.

1600981571381.png

BINGO, you're a genius, it apparently can be toggled to text only.

Is anyone else getting Email notifications of threads that you haven't subscribed to?

When you say thread do you maybe mean site? I got "poached" years ago from DP by another site (pretty good one too) then everyone started fighting and got kicked including the Mod. that did the poaching.LOL. It was just when you used subscribed that I wondered.

Yes, this was in my alert box and also (uninvited) in my Email as a notification of a thread I hadn't visited.
Step 1 - Review this setting at https://debatepolitics.com/account/preferences. If this box is checked, move on to step 2.

1600998187796.png

Step 2 - Check to see if you are "watching" the Feedback/Suggestions forum - https://debatepolitics.com/forums/feedback-suggestions.93/.

1600998580539.png

If the box in step 1 was checked AND you were watching the Feedback forum, this explains why you received a notification. Unchecking the box in step 1 and/or stop watching the Feedback forum will stop these notifications. If Step 1 is unchecked and you're not watching the Feedback forum, let me know.

Step 1 - Review this setting at https://debatepolitics.com/account/preferences. If this box is checked, move on to step 2.

View attachment 67296379

Step 2 - Check to see if you are "watching" the Feedback/Suggestions forum - https://debatepolitics.com/forums/feedback-suggestions.93/.

View attachment 67296381

If the box in step 1 was checked AND you were watching the Feedback forum, this explains why you received a notification. Unchecking the box in step 1 and/or stop watching the Feedback forum will stop these notifications. If Step 1 is unchecked and you're not watching the Feedback forum, let me know.
Ok, so this is an alert to a new thread in a forum, in this case the basement. Why is that thread not showing up in my watched threads list? Sorry about being so confused about this.

Ok, so this is an alert to a new thread in a forum, in this case the basement. Why is that thread not showing up in my watched threads list? Sorry about being so confused about this.
It didn't start there, it was in the Feedback forum when it started. It was moved to the Basement.

You can watch a forum as a whole but you have to watch threads individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom