• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Bugs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I have a problem with the "post reply" system.

A couple of times since using this new forum set-up I've found that if I click "reply" and they decide I don't want to respond after all...there is no DELETE REPLY option.

Just "reply" and "Preview."

When I went to "Preview" I don't see a "delete" option there either.

Am I missing something?

I've seen two ways to deal with this.

1. If you haven't actually posted your reply, you can simply refresh the page and your post goes away.
2. If you DID actually post your reply, then click the "delete" button under your post. You'll have the option of giving a reason or not. Your post goes away.

One nice thing about the delete button is that you don't have to go into the edit screen to delete your post like the old system. There is still a time limit. Go past that and the delete button goes away.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I have a problem with the "post reply" system.

A couple of times since using this new forum set-up I've found that if I click "reply" and they decide I don't want to respond after all...there is no DELETE REPLY option.

Just "reply" and "Preview."

When I went to "Preview" I don't see a "delete" option there either.

Am I missing something?
You're not missing anything. This is a bit annoying, I agree. I'm not able to find anything initially, but I will add this to my to research list and see if we can get this set up.

Could I please, get an answer to my question/problem about how to find the "go to my last post" feature? Thanks.
Despite the implication that @Schweddy and I are independently wealthy and have nothing better to do on a Tuesday than surf the internet, we have full-tile jobs and families. Please try to be patient as we are reading every post and responding to them after doing some investigation as quickly as we can.

Thanks for your understanding going forward.

There is a way to not show other's signatures - https://debatepolitics.com/account/preferences, but there isn't a way to just disable large or ugly signatures unfortunately.
For some reason I thought we were talking about font size in posts themselves, not signatures. There are people who have used a large font throughout their post and I thought that was what was being discussed.

Not a bug persay, but more like a thumbs up. On the old boards you could set your clock on when the boards were inaccessible due to backup.. 11 am CET or 3 am EST. For 30 minutes or so around that time you basically got no or little respons. New board has none of those issues, so a big thumbs up from us mid morning Euros.

I do miss the new threads list, or is that somewhere in a setting I missed?

Only annoyance I have so far is no special notification when someone quotes you. Unless it is a setting I have missed...?

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

For some reason I thought we were talking about font size in posts themselves, not signatures. There are people who have used a large font throughout their post and I thought that was what was being discussed.

The font size in posts has always been size 3. The only change was switching from Veranda to Arial as the default (which is determined by the forum software). People are complaining about the signature font because it is unreadable in DP 3.

Hey Red, can you help me with this one?

OIP.WsVUcFLMGbtY208OTpoD9gHaE5

I asked earlier why my avatar no longer fits. If an administrator cannot fix it I have to look for another one, which would suck.

Hello! The break has been pleasant and I hope everyone is healthy.

I asked earlier why my avatar no longer fits. If an administrator cannot fix it I have to look for another one, which would suck.
We are unable to resize avatars, we can only change them. However, if you click on your name at the top left then click on EDIT (within the avatar) you should be able to move it around depending on its size.

We are unable to resize avatars; we can only change them. However, if you click on your name at the top left then click on EDIT (within the avatar) you should be able to move it around depending on its size.

This avatar has no room for movement because it is a square, so in that case I will have to change it.

Last edited:
How do you like this one? It is prettier in actual size but I am sure Republicans will not confuse this guy in Delaware with their idol.at the White House.

Just a reminder, there is currently no way to set the number of posts per page.

This gives readers a feeling of disorientation.

This avatar has no room for movement because it is a square, so in that case I will have to change it.

Can't you resize it smaller in an image editor like Paint?

If you see something is missing or broken, please let us know here. Please include a screenshot and a description of the issue as well. Please read through the thread before making a post as the issue may have already been brought up and/or addressed.

Please ignore my recent message to you regarding "New" post function. I found it 'hiding' last in line of the posting. Had to trip over it. If it were a snake, it would have bit me.

BTW, is there any function of the "New" button?

Best,
Blue

Please ignore my recent message to you regarding "New" post function. I found it 'hiding' last in line of the posting. Had to trip over it. If it were a snake, it would have bit me.

BTW, is there any function of the "New" button?

Best,
Blue
Click on "What's New" at the top of the forum or click on the dropdown arrow. New posts, New Profile posts, News feeds (folks you follow and watched threads) and Latest activity.

You can "watch" a specific forum clicking on watch (top right) on a forum listing. This will add to your news feeds as well.

You might want to try to resize your current avatar. If you do not have software to do it, perhaps I can help you out.

Is your current avatar OK now? Here is your avatar opened in a new page:

35537.jpg

Here is a screenshot of your avatar as it is now:

bd1.png

John

If you see something is missing or broken, please let us know here. Please include a screenshot and a description of the issue as well. Please read through the thread before making a post as the issue may have already been brought up and/or addressed.
Speaking of signatures... they don't seem to link back when you carry a quote in it.

Speaking of signatures... they don't seem to link back when you carry a quote in it.
Some do and some don't. There isn't really a fix for this unfortunately.

This is probably more of a lack of addon thing than a bug, but I'm not seeing any of those "this post was last edited at _____" notices on the bottom of edited posts.

Can't you do something like open the image you want to use, zoom out until it is of a proper size to "fit", take a screenshot, crop the screenshot down to the proper small size, and upload that?

I mean, I see your whole image.

Biden 1.png

Biden at a podium with flags. But it's just too much to fit in a little box so I can't really see that it is Biden without zooming in. It's sort of like if I wanted a picture of layne standing on an amp rather than just the face..

You could try using part of it.

Biden 2.png

This bug (undocumented feature?) may (or may not) be related to the new DP, since I have also switched to using a much newer iPad (and related IOS), but I am now experiencing the (rather random) capitalization of the first letter of words when composing replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom