• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Bugs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the C word?

Only the F word is censored when I tried all of them (none of which begin with C).
It rhymes with a football term for the most popular 4th down option, by an offense.....Whew!

G
etting around political correctness requires a girl to be up-to-date on macho man vocabulary.

test
This isn't exactly a bug but just something I'm noticing...on all three templates the page background color and the post background color are close enough that it makes identifying specific posts a little bit difficult. If there is an option to, perhaps, add shadowing or a more bold outline to post blocks it would sure help. Even making the contrast between page background and post block background would help. That's with all three templates.
We can look into adding a little more space between posts. Will this help?

What happened to our pre-existing "awards?" Like the military service, or the number of posts, etc.?

What's the "new count" where we start at zero for?
These will be coming. They didn't carry over and this is pretty high on my list of things yet to do.

Font size for signatures is limited currently. Larger font sizes will be a perk for supporting members (those who donate).

This is post 26 at top of page 2, the reply box is all the at the bottom of the page. just below post 50. Am I doing something wrong?
P.S. no complaints about filters.

test

We can look into adding a little more space between posts. Will this help?
It might but the lack of a distinct border on the post block kind of makes everything bleed together, at least to my eye. If it were me I'd try more contrast between the background and the post blocks first because, theoretically, that would be the easier change and wouldn't stretch the user's page view out as much as changing the spacing would.

This is post 26 at top of page 2, the reply box is all the at the bottom of the page. just below post 50. Am I doing something wrong?
P.S. no complaints about filters.
Having a reply box at the top is on my to do list. In the meantime, you can always hit "Reply" from a post and remove the quoted contents or go to the bottom. Keep in mind that these are pretty awesome and will get you to the bottom or the top of a page with one click. They are in the lower right hand corner and will appear after you start to scroll.

1600746491280.png

It might but the lack of a distinct border on the post block kind of makes everything bleed together, at least to my eye. If it were me I'd try more contrast between the background and the post blocks first because, theoretically, that would be the easier change and wouldn't stretch the user's page view out as much as changing the spacing would.
I'll see what I can do. Out of curiosity, which style are you using?

Bug or feature?

I don't see my long list of infractions anymore. haha

It rhymes with a football term for the most popular 4th down option, by an offense.....Whew!

G
etting around political correctness requires a girl to be up-to-date on macho man vocabulary.

The only popular fourth down option is a quarterback sneak if a team chooses not to kick.

Font size for signatures is limited currently. Larger font sizes will be a perk for supporting members (those who donate).
Will there be an option to disable this eyesore for those of use who prefer to read things in a standard size font? I'm strongly considering putting these people on ignore.

There used to be a feature "go to my last post" I can't figure out how to do that any more other than scrolling back until find the big W in the thread. What am I not seeing or doing correctly?

Good feedback - thank you I'll get to work on this. Should be a simple change, just want to test it first.

Kindly remove the national flag of Canada from my avatar box.

I am not nor have I ever been a Canadian national, as fine as that may be for those who are Canadian nationals.

I am from birth, and I always have been, and continue to be, a citizen of the United States exclusively.

I am not nor have I ever been a Canadian national, as fine as that may be for those who are Canadian nationals.

I am from birth, and I always have been, and continue to be, a citizen of the United States exclusively.
This is a feature of XF and automated. There is an option in your privacy settings to not display.

Will there be an option to disable this eyesore for those of use who prefer to read things in a standard size font? I'm strongly considering putting these people on ignore.
Over-the-top font sizes should not be available, just larger.

There is a way to hide flags in your account Preferences.

This is a feature of XF and automated. There is an option in your privacy settings to not display.

Sorry but that is not satisfactory.

DP needs to give the user the choice of national flag to display.

Having and assigning the user's nationality to automation or to just anyone in admin is wrong and absurd. The feature does not belong due to its being an arbitrary and capricious inclusion as my instance demonstrates.

Further, my only choice in privacy settings is to show the national flag assigned to me arbitrarily to members only or to not show it at all. This is wrong and absurd. You need to purge or disable this numbnuts feature of XF.

Moreover, how and why this ridiculous occurrence is happening to me needs explanation too.

Thank you for your attention without satisfaction.

There is a way to hide flags in your account Preferences.

I object to the only option being to show the national flag assigned to me arbitrarily to members only or to not show it at all. Who asked you anything to begin with.

This absurdity is occurring after the national flag originally assigned to me was USA then changed just now to Canada.

The user should be able to select the user's national flag rather than it being the domain of the XF system or some individual arbitrary person. This feature does not belong in the first place. My options suck, frankly.

And it is clear that even if I choose the lousy option to not show the national flag assigned arbitrarily to me, a national flag may appear anyway at any time.

Also, why should I be the only one or one of the few not to display a national flag. This feature is asinine, absurd, arbitrary and stupid.

Last edited:
I am having similar issues, distinguishing sigs from posts. Perhaps our eyes will have to adjust.

Is the reply box at the bottom of the page going to be a regular feature or just a temp. one?
Until that is getting fixed, I am enjoying that zoom down feature instead of slowly scrolling down the page.

I object to the only option being to show the national flag assigned to me arbitrarily to members only or to not show it at all. Who asked you anything to begin with.

This absurdity is occurring after the national flag originally assigned to me was USA then changed just now to Canada.

The user should be able to select the user's national flag rather than it being the domain of the XF system or some individual arbitrary person. This feature does not belong in the first place. My options suck, frankly.

And it is clear that even if I choose the lousy option to not show the national flag assigned arbitrarily to me, a national flag may appear anyway at any time.

Also, why should I be the only one or one of the few not to display a national flag. This feature is asinine, absurd, arbitrary and stupid.

Not sure why it is so important to get so upset about it.
I came across a Scottish member's post complaining about having to use the Union Jack instead of having a Scottish alternative.
Another board, using xF, has imported/installed alternative flags somehow. The "how to" is beyond my pay grade. I hope this helps.

Not sure why it is so important to get so upset about it.
I came across a Scottish member's post complaining about having to use the Union Jack instead of having a Scottish alternative.
Another board, using xF, has imported/installed alternative flags somehow. The "how to" is beyond my pay grade. I hope this helps.

The last point is informative although this feature seems beyond the pay grade of everyone involved.

Yes, I met Scotts abroad who made their own national flag to display when the bilingual school where I taught in Bangkok would hang out the national flag of each foreign teacher's country of citizenship. At one point there were 13 national flags draped from a cord with a small and well done Scottish flag at the end ha, made from art supplies. Neither the school nor the Brits present were about to do anything that might fire up old wounds hah. My unhappy circumstance of the moment at DP is dissimilar however.

So I am meanwhile denied by the new X technology the ability to display the national flag of my citizenship of the USA that I have had exclusively and always. It seems I am the only member of DP to be having this unexplained and unattended privilege.

The failed feature is a known eyesore on display that I will leave to be that exactly. If anyone might ask, I will tell.

Given the original and correct national standard flag of the USA was correctly associated with my avatar box, yet changed by automation a few hours ago to the national standard flag of Canada, perhaps in another day or two a further change of flags might occur. Or, conceivably, change in a matter of hours.

So who knows as I could suddenly find my citizenship at DP changed to Kenya.

Russia.

China.

And so on.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom