• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Bugs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you send me an example?
Since you are testing the signature thingy... when someone quotes another in a sig, that quote doesn't seem to have a link back to the original post.

Since you are testing the signature thingy... when someone quotes another in a sig, that quote doesn't seem to have a link back to the original post.
Testing... Looks like it works to me (see my signature below). Not all quotes in signatures that came over from vB have the proper link as some links were broken.

Do "Labels" on Bookmarks work? They don't appear for me.

Has the "Who's Quoted Me" function followed us to this new platform? Alerts drop off after a while...

When I click "Alerts" (the bell at the top) I always check more alerts than it tells me I have (it may say I have 3 but I'll check 5). Many times the 4th and 5th ones I have not read yet.

I haven't figured out the rhyme or reason but I'm trying.

Anyone else having problems with Tapatalk?

Anyone else having problems with Tapatalk?

Tapatalk is done.

I know some people loved Tapatalk and others hated it, but I have uninstalled the Tapatalk plugin this evening. It hasn't worked properly since we moved from vB to xF and it seems as though Tapatalk is no longer supporting xF. Their latest version supports xF 2.0.x and xF 2.1 came out in January 2019 so they don't appear to be interested in xF support at this point. I hate to see this personally as I was a daily Tapatalk user for not just DP but for other forums that I frequented less often as well. The upside to this is that the xF mobile version is absolutely amazing. I've been using it since Tapatalk hasn't been working and I must say I love our mobile version.

So while some will cheer the "death" of Tapatalk here at DP, others will not be pleased but this is out of our hands at this point.

Is it possible to allow more LIKE choices?
I know Xf can do it because I've seen it:

Like choices.jpg

Maybe the decision was a matter of cost, or I don't know.

In the "Shades of Gray" skin/theme, could the page slide bar on the right be a lighter color?

Perhaps silver for better contrast? (#c0c0c0 / 192, 192, 192)

In the "Shades of Gray" skin/theme, could the page slide bar on the right be a lighter color?

Perhaps silver for better contrast? (#c0c0c0 / 192, 192, 192)
There is an update to both "Shades" styles. After some testing and a few tweaks, we'll update those here and that is on the list.

We are sticking with just the Like button. I've seen what happens when other "reactions" are opened up on other forums.

Oh???
Okay then. I just figured it was an extra feature that cost more.

When I click on replies I don’t get the list of people who replied in thread.

I miss it will it coming in the future?

So no help on the "who's quoted me" function?

Why can I no longer view which DP members are currently present in a forum or a thread?

Why can I no longer view which DP members are currently present in a forum or a thread?
Who are currently viewing a thread should be down at the bottom of threads. It shows avatars now instead of names.

We removed "who read this thread" for a couple of reasons:
1) Folks that have decided to be invisible was showing as having viewed a thread, thus also showing they have elected that option.
2) It was taking a ton of space on mobile and tablet users with little added value.

Currently visiting users are on the right hand side under the posts/threads from the forum list/homepage. Mobile users will need to scroll to the bottom.

Okay, like I said in the first post on this subject, alerts drop off after a while. Even the "show all" option doesn't show all your alerts.
How long do you really need to see that someone quoted you? Once you've been notified of the quote, do you need 4 hours? 12 hours? 24 hours? There is a bookmark feature where you can bookmark the posts where someone quoted you so you can look back a year from now and see this information. That uses less resources than keeping the notification that someone quoted you active indefinitely.

The alert log, shows everything. A filter here would be nice. https://debatepolitics.com/account/alerts

The idea of the notification bell is to show only the freshest content and is selectable what goes up there. For instance, if you participated in a thread, it tries to keep the last notification that someone has posted in a thread the user is active in or quoted you. A very active poster might get dozens of notifications an hour and maybe from same thread. They drop off when a thread is revisted. A casual browser might only get a few when they return based on the latest activity and start to drop off after 3 hours so the user isn't overwhelmed if they particiapated in a very active thread before they left.

How long do you really need to see that someone quoted you? Once you've been notified of the quote, do you need 4 hours? 12 hours? 24 hours?
Sometimes I'm lazy and don't get to a response right away. Sometimes I'm not at the forum for a few days. The old forum software had functionality that would show you everyone who's quoted you. I assumed we wouldn't step backward.

There is a bookmark feature where you can bookmark the posts where someone quoted you so you can look back a year from now and see this information. That uses less resources than keeping the notification that someone quoted you active indefinitely.
How does me bookmarking every single post where I'm quoted use less resources than a simple forum search function? How does this solve the problem of a several-day absence from the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom