• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xF Bugs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the original and correct national standard flag of the USA was correctly associated with my avatar box, yet changed by automation a few hours ago to the national standard flag of Canada, perhaps in another day or two a further change of flags might occur. Or, conceivably, change in a matter of hours.

So who knows as I could suddenly find my citizenship at DP changed to Kenya.

Russia.

China.

And so on.....

Moderator's Warning:
The mod team is aware of your flag issue. Let's move on for now and Red/Schweddy will look into it when they have the chance.

Given the original and correct national standard flag of the USA was correctly associated with my avatar box, yet changed by automation a few hours ago to the national standard flag of Canada, perhaps in another day or two a further change of flags might occur. Or, conceivably, change in a matter of hours.

So who knows as I could suddenly find my citizenship at DP changed to Kenya.

Russia.

China.

And so on.....
It changes every time your connection changes. We will work on this and explore what is possible.

Over-the-top font sizes should not be available, just larger.
Po-tay-to, po-tah-to. I've seen its use since the change. It's an annoyance, a distraction, an eyesore. IMHO, any font size change that is applied by default is over-the-top. Therefore, I ask again, will there be an option to disable this eyesore or must I press forward with my last-resort option of putting every person who takes advantage of this "feature" on ignore?

I am having similar issues, distinguishing sigs from posts.
^^THIIIIIIIIIIS^^ was the very first thing I noticed about the new forum.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I have a problem with the "post reply" system.

A couple of times since using this new forum set-up I've found that if I click "reply" and they decide I don't want to respond after all...there is no DELETE REPLY option.

Just "reply" and "Preview."

When I went to "Preview" I don't see a "delete" option there either.

Am I missing something?

It changes every time your connection changes. We will work on this and explore what is possible.

Thanks for that.

Inside my head clicked when you said when my connection changes. That means good on you guys cause you put your finger right on it.

My connection appears to be the new factor with the new technology that includes the advent of the national flag avatar. You guys said the flag thingy is automated and now you said the connection. And yes, I see now that is it.

Because I use a vpn.

The USA flag in my box changed to the Canada flag because about 12 hours ago I switched my vpn server to Canada. Before that, I had had my vpn connected to a server in California and when DP came back to life with the new technology. So I recognize now that I had had the USA flag from the moment DP came back to me which is when I was vpn connected to California.

I was away from DP for about 12 hours while my vpn was connected to the Canada server. So when I returned to DP about 4 hours ago the flag was the Canada flag. Of course now I know it was because I was still connected to the server in Canada, which I gave no thought to on returning to DP just now.

After I read your post that said the connection, I reconnected my vpn to the California server and the USA flag appeared again -- the Canada flag is gone of course...the fine and handsome flag that it indeed is. :cool:

My God.

Still, my vpn connects me to servers in USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, India, Singapore among others, to include Japan. So I'll make it a point now to be sure that when I'm active at DP -- which I remain connected to whether I am active or not -- my vpn is connected to a server in the USA (CA / NJ). Because based on all of this, it seems a sure thingy that if I'm not connected to DP via vpn then the flag that would appear is that of the People's Republic of China. 🤬

Peace and thanks again during this particularly busy and hectic time for you guys. You all earn every penny of that six figure salary each of you gets. 🏆🎖🎖🏅🥉🥈🥇🏆

Just FYI,
I see the issue of missing bans appears to have been discussed and corrected however I am still able to gain access to areas I am banned from so it does not appear to have been fixed. I doubt I was given a pardon but my habit of ensuring things are working correctly outweighs my need to post in those areas.

Secondly, I'm not sure if this can be fixed or not and probably not too many people doc their phones, but, the quote ribbon (bold, italics, emojis etc.,,) does not respond to mouse clicks from a mobile device. It appears all other areas are functional. (of those I have tested)

^^THIIIIIIIIIIS^^ was the very first thing I noticed about the new forum.
To be honest , I like the old quote display much better than the new system. Its just a better moustrap. This isnt bad. Its just simply not as good.

Secondly, I'm not sure if this can be fixed or not and probably not too many people doc their phones, but, the quote ribbon (bold, italics, emojis etc.,,) does not respond to mouse clicks from a mobile device. It appears all other areas are functional. (of those I have tested)
If using Tapatalk, this is a known issue. For now, use a browser. It looks great on mobile!

If using Tapatalk, this is a known issue. For now, use a browser.
Thanks but I am using a browser. Currently chrome. I can check it on other browsers to see if one works and get back to you if you like.

Thanks but I am using a browser. Currently chrome. I can check it on other browsers to see if one works and get back to you if you like.
Anyone else having ribbon issues on mobile?

If using Tapatalk, this is a known issue. For now, use a browser. It looks great on mobile!
Also, yes it does look fantastic on mobile. The resolution issues I had before seem to have disappeared as well. Since I have a set my device to high res for other software, previously I had to zoom in to see what I had typed but now it seems to automatically adjust to whatever screen I am using. That alone is worth the switch for me.

A couple of times since using this new forum set-up I've found that if I click "reply" and they decide I don't want to respond after all...there is no DELETE REPLY option.

Am I missing something?
I've found that simply clicking the "back page" arrow on my browser solves that problem.

Anyone else having ribbon issues on mobile?
OK, on samsung droids, the browser ribbon functions do not respond to mouse clicks when using Chrome, however, the stock samsung internet browser that comes installed works just fine. When I have time I will try more browsers and post the results.

There used to be a feature "go to my last post" I can't figure out how to do that any more other than scrolling back until find the big W in the thread. What am I not seeing or doing correctly?

Could I please, get an answer to my question/problem about how to find the "go to my last post" feature? Thanks.

Could I please, get an answer to my question/problem about how to find the "go to my last post" feature? Thanks.
Click on your public profile... then select postings.

postings.png

To be honest , I like the old quote display much better than the new system. Its just a better moustrap. This isnt bad. Its just simply not as good.
Oh I most definitely like the old quote display better. Of course I said the same thing last time DP was renovated.
While we're on it does it, seem you're not being constantly logged out?

Am I missing something?

If I'm understanding you right you're talking about deleting the auto saved draft? On my desktop it has a floppy disc icon that has delete draft. So far I've not found that while on my phone though.

i turn Signatures off on every board i post on (political and sports). it just makes things cleaner.

If I'm understanding you right you're talking about deleting the auto saved draft? On my desktop it has a floppy disc icon that has delete draft. So far I've not found that while on my phone though.
So that's what that is between redo icon and the toggle BB ?

Oh I most definitely like the old quote display better. Of course I said the same thing last time DP was renovated.
While we're on it does it, seem you're not being constantly logged out?
I havent tested that yet but it was on my list. Yeah that was irritating on the last system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom