• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

xenForo Instructional Video

Xenforo is a MASSIVE improvement over vBulletin. The image and video handling abilities will utterly transform the board. Drag and drop images and video make the use of both much easier, and hence it will become far more prevalent. The notification system is vastly better and instead of choosing a single notification with the rest vanishing, it will manage all notifications and let you select them one at a time to ensure that all are responded to.

It's great the board is making this move

It carries over.

I recently switched from a laptop to an android tablet, and I've lost some functions, especially in posting. I looked at downloading the app that is supposed to help, but the comments from users said it made it worse, not better, so I left it alone and crutch on through.

Will there be instructions for techno idiots on how to "fix" this when we've converted?

Could you send a mass Email once you are done, just so we don't miss the BBQ with all the fixins?

Yeah, I'm not on Twitter, either.

I recently switched from a laptop to an android tablet, and I've lost some functions, especially in posting. I looked at downloading the app that is supposed to help, but the comments from users said it made it worse, not better, so I left it alone and crutch on through.

Will there be instructions for techno idiots on how to "fix" this when we've converted?
As long as you're viewing the site from a browser, all the functionality will be the same. If you're using an Android tablet, I would recommend using the Chrome browser.

As long as you're viewing the site from a browser, all the functionality will be the same. If you're using an Android tablet, I would recommend using the Chrome browser.

Is Chrome the same as "Google"? It looks like the Chrome icon I always saw on my laptop. That's what it says but the functions still aren't there. You've got enough else on your mind right now. Maybe someone else knows. I don't want to pester you with ignorant questions right now. Good luck over the weekend!

This is a general overview of the similarities and differences, including changes in terminology between vB (vBulletin) and xF (xenForo).

Hint: This looks better if you watch it on YouTube full-screen.

Wow, Red. :applaud

If you are on an Android tablet, I would recommend re-evaluating some life choices.

Is Chrome the same as "Google"? It looks like the Chrome icon I always saw on my laptop. That's what it says but the functions still aren't there. You've got enough else on your mind right now. Maybe someone else knows. I don't want to pester you with ignorant questions right now. Good luck over the weekend!

The browser's name is actually Google Chrome. People just call it Chrome for short. You have to download and save it to your computer - otherwise you are just on Google, not the company's own browser.

Beware Google does not care about very useful add-ons and being user-friendly. Mozilla Firefox is by far the best for people who care about ease of use and customization, but partially incompatible on Apple computers.

Points are wiped clean, amirite?

I'll watch the video later, but first things first, I notice that the load time on the site is a thousand times faster.

Hooray for the bookmark!!
This is a general overview of the similarities and differences, including changes in terminology between vB (vBulletin) and xF (xenForo).

Hint: This looks better if you watch it on YouTube full-screen.

Thanks for the familiarization .
Quite a calm hypnotic presentation
I'll watch again, I kept nodding off (really)
Gotta' find my John Phillips Sousa collection first !
🙂

When you haven’t had DP for two days.

giphy.gif

Android uses Taptalk and that is presently an issue with the upgrade - Going on memory alone that issue, but near the beginning of the thread

Android uses Taptalk and that is presently an issue with the upgrade - Going on memory alone that issue, but near the beginning of the thread
Janfu, whatever happened, I don't know, but I now have my post functions back with the upgrade. I'm hoping it stays that way.

Janfu, whatever happened, I don't know, but I now have my post functions back with the upgrade. I'm hoping it stays that way.
I went looking for the thing on Taptalk, could not find it, sure I read it somewhere though

There will be hiccups though.

Red and others are working their respective asses off.
Me I am patient, but I have both, laptop/phone, so I cannot preach

But give them time

You can view our Twitter feed from twitter.com. No account is needed.
Like that post new thread addition- damned easy and sweet

It'll take me a few days to get used to the new format but I already like what I see! Thanks for all the work, Red!

Is there a way to see the threaded display that was available on the former site?

Is there a way to see the threaded display that was available on the former site?
Unfortunately, no. This was a feature that vB even did away with themselves with vB 5.0 (we were running vB 4.2.3). I've searched and no one has developed an add-on for this. It seems as though there just isn't enough interest for someone to develop this feature.

Sorry

Back
Top Bottom