• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

XCOM2 Modding

WorldWatcher

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
So I'm a newbie to the XCOM verse. I've played XCOM: Enemy Unknown and I'm getting ready to finish XCOM: Enemy Within tonight. So after that I'll be installing XCOM2 and will begin a pretty vanilla run just to get a feel for the changes from XCOM OG.

My question is to ask for advice on installing MODs for XCOM2 and later XCOM2 WOTC. Not a big list of mod installs at first, just trying to understand the process. I did purchase a multi-game package through Steam so that is my game source. It seems there are multiple paths to achieve a results including:
  • Through Steam
  • Through Nexus Mod Manager
  • Through Alternative Mod Launcher
  • Manual install (no thank you)
So comments on Pros/Cons of the installation method? Some good links to tutorial sites and videos?

WW

What little I have done mods for XCOM 2 has been through the Steam workshop, and has been little problem. WOTC is probably the biggest "mod" of XCOM2 and is great. You should also try the Long War mod for XCOM2. The developers turned their success with that mod into creating their own game which will be out later this year and looks good.

Edit: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609

Their upcoming full game:

Last edited:
What little I have done mods for XCOM 2 has been through the Steam workshop, and has been little problem. WOTC is probably the biggest "mod" of XCOM2 and is great. You should also try the Long War mod for XCOM2. The developers turned their success with that mod into creating their own game which will be out later this year and looks good.

Edit: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609

Their upcoming full game:

Long War 2 is terrible.

Xcom 2 is free on Epic games the next 2 weeks.

Finishing XCOM2 OG tonight. About halfway through the final mission.

I'm so pumped to roll into an XCOM2 War Of The Chosen session.

:devilish:

WW

Finishing XCOM2 OG tonight. About halfway through the final mission.

I'm so pumped to roll into an XCOM2 War Of The Chosen session.

:devilish:

WW
War of the Chosen is actually amazing in my opinion. The new bosses have so much characterization and they are challenging and extremely satisfying to finally hunt down and kill.

War of the Chosen is actually amazing in my opinion. The new bosses have so much characterization and they are challenging and extremely satisfying to finally hunt down and kill.

Kinds'a scary. New to the genre. Much more comfortable in the field then with the base building.

WW

Kinds'a scary. New to the genre. Much more comfortable in the field then with the base building.

WW
The Chosen feel a bit better than the Alien Ruler enemies from that Alien Hunter DLC, because the Chosen still obey the normal XCOM turn mechanics. (Alien Rulers, if you haven't used that DLC, get a move after every XCOM action they can see, other than a free action or reload)

Sometimes the Chosen can be real assholes, though. They get a randomized set of strengths and weaknesses and we all know how XCOM RNG can be...

I feel like my brain is going to explode.

Just say’n.

WW

Back
Top Bottom