• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wyoming’s top court asked to fire circuit court magistrate who refuses to perform SSM

Re: Wyoming’s top court asked to fire circuit court magistrate who refuses to perform

wow interesting that the SCOTUS could step on her rights.
hmmm I guess rights aren't equally protected as we thought and that
political agenda's gives some people more rights than others.

She doesn't have a Constitutional right not to do her job. She has an obligation to follow US Supreme Court decisions, just like the southern states did when the Courts told them to get off their Jim Crow asses and integrate.

Re: Wyoming’s top court asked to fire circuit court magistrate who refuses to perform

Please show that she is not allowing them to get married at all by someone else. Unless she is doing that she is not infringing on anything.

Not true. It matters not if they can go to another county, state, or country and get married. The issue in question is her conduct and the question is, "is she failing to perform her duties and discriminating based on the sexual orientation of the couple". If yes, then she can be reprimanded, suspended without pay, or removed for office base on the rules she agreed to when she took office.

Now I haven't heard, but: (A) does she perform Civil Marriages as an elective function or a required function of the job, and (B) has she stopped performing elective Civil Marriages (if they are elective) or only those for sames-sex couples. If the function is required, then she's in trouble, if the function is elective and she's refusing only same-sex couples, then she's in trouble. If the function is elective and she is forgoing all Civil Marriages, then she might be fine.

>>>>

Last edited:

You aren't well acquainted with logical thinking, are you? And you phantasies are as derogatory as misdirected.
You mean like you I refuse to be a victim of ignorance and right wing talking points, then yes.
Phantasies? Reality is on my side, but you go on and keep believeing what you wish, it is a free country, something people like you would deny others.

Back
Top Bottom