• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wyoming’s top court asked to fire circuit court magistrate who refuses to perform SSM

Re: Wyoming’s top court asked to fire circuit court magistrate who refuses to perform

Nope, infertile couples can marry. Pass a law banning post-menopausal women from marriage and then we'll talk about gay couples

Are you saying that because handicapped persons can marry you think homosexuals should be allowed to too?

Re: Wyoming’s top court asked to fire circuit court magistrate who refuses to perform

Bigotry is not a culture, just stupid ignorance.

Yea, so what? What does that have to do with anything?

Yep. The LGBT people are being rather bigots aren't they? And they are provoking others, which is always stupid. Especially stupid, however, is that they are breaking the traditional protection afforded minorities by the Constitution. That is the Document that protects the LGBT minority. Create a precedent and that protection can easily fall.

Reading comprehension is not something you use eh? Who said she is not following a law? She is not doing her job.
I am surprised you can even spell reading comprehension correctly [ get some help, did ya?]. Didn't read the article I am supposing... or wait, maybe you read it but didn't quite comprehend the article, ah ha ha ha, such ironic karma.

"The case alleges prejudice based on sexual orientation, improper behavior for giving the interview where she declared her intentions and refusing to uphold the rule of law"

And so I will ask again, what law is she not upholding? That simple enough for you now? If she is following the law, she is doing her job. If there is no law on the state's books saying she must perform same sex marriages, why would she perform such marriages? The Supreme Court most certainly can declare a law or an amendment as drafted to be unconstitutional, they do not have the power nor the right to make up a totally new law.

Legislation is not a part of a court's purview nor jurisdiction. I am pretty sure most Americans learn that by 9th grade.

Bigotry is not a culture, just stupid ignorance.

Yea, so what? What does that have to do with anything?
Another apropos reading comprehension example, to confirm with the other a specific learning disability. Was never intended to characterize bigotry as a culture...how lame and off course was that, eh? Our culture includes all Americans... even the ones that do not know how to read with comprehension nor know what bigotry actually is. Now that your problem reading comprehension has been diagnosed, I think there are programs out there that can actually help... if you are willing to put in the effort.

Well, again, if you read and comprehended the thread, you would know that I was responding to someone regarding interracial marriage v SSM. Not you as you just jumped into the conversation apparently cold turkey without knowing at all what you are talking about. Apparently without reading the article as well as not reading the thread up to that point.

I understand now that you may have processing problems, so I will leave it be... this time. Get some help is my suggestion.

Last edited:

The LGBT people are being rather bigots aren't they?
Yea, to the extent that blacks wanted equality and women to vote.

And they are provoking others
Only to a bigot is the exercising of rights a provocation.

Especially stupid, however, is that they are breaking the traditional protection afforded minorities by the Constitution.
By wanting to get married as the law allows?

Create a precedent and that protection can easily fall.
So the exercising of rights is a bad precedent? What can fall because of such daring?

I think it rather pig headed to make martyrs and stupid. Let's hope that the idiots don't press on with the civil rights overreach much more. This could lead to violence like that the liberals were saying Trump was calling for. The intrusion on persons constitutional rights is the type that could ignite considerable violence.
Fear mongering because some dare to exercise their rights? Why do you hate freedom so much? Well at least that of others.

I am surprised
Yes, people who defend bigotry usually are surprised when exposed and as you ddid here attempt to mask that with sophistry and projection.

Let me clarify the simple facts that obviously still elude you. She is hired to do a job not to uphold laws. As long as the job is not requiring her to do something illegal she has no duty to uphold any law. SSM is not illegal. Following so far?

And so I will ask again, what law is she not upholding?
You seem to be under the delusion that by asking a moronic question, yet again, you will somehow make it relevant. Sorry to burst your bubble.

The Supreme Court most certainly can declare a law or an amendment as drafted to be unconstitutional, they do not have the power nor the right to make up a totally new law.
Wow, you cam up with that all by yourself? I bet you still do not have a clue what it means when they strike down a law.

Yea, to the extent that blacks wanted equality and women to vote.

Only to a bigot is the exercising of rights a provocation.

By wanting to get married as the law allows?

So the exercising of rights is a bad precedent? What can fall because of such daring?

Nope. It is bigotry to break the minority protection of free exercise of religion and argue it weren't just that.

Fear mongering because some dare to exercise their rights? Why do you hate freedom so much? Well at least that of others.

It is that the people are being punished for exercising their rights to free practice of religion that is the main problem. This is a precedent for treatment of other minorities that could easily come back to haunt us. It is always stupid of a citizen to argue as the SSM brigade now does for selective application of the Constitution. To do so, one must be really ignorant of sociopolitical sciences.

That legal marriage has been redefined is only a minor sociological problem at the moment. What it will cost in the long term is yet unknown. After all, we are just now beginning to realize, what other liberalizations introduced many decades ago have caused. Marriage is a long term thing and altering its meaning will have consequences that will not occur until the second generation or third have assimilated the meaning.

Yes, people who defend bigotry usually are surprised when exposed and as you ddid here attempt to mask that with sophistry and projection.
How about we do this the proper debate way. How about you define what you call bigotry and then point out specifically where you think it occurred... unless of course it didn't occur or the bigotry was committed by you, in which I would understand your continued reluctance.

Let me clarify the simple facts that obviously still elude you. She is hired to do a job not to uphold laws. As long as the job is not requiring her to do something illegal she has no duty to uphold any law. SSM is not illegal. Following so far?
She was elected by the people to do the people's work. So don't try to explain that to me, explain that to the folks trying to fire her, they are the ones stating she is not upholding the law [ reading comprehension problems cropping up for ya again, unfortunately, eh?]. I agree with you, or rather since I stated it first, you agree with me, there is no law that she has to enforce or not enforce, it doesn't exist.

You seem to be under the delusion that by asking a moronic question, yet again, you will somehow make it relevant. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Pertinent questions only appear moronic to those who do not have the answer or who have the answer but do not want to give it up.

Wow, you cam up with that all by yourself? I bet you still do not have a clue what it means when they strike down a law.
I think I described it pretty well, but it bears repeating and repetition and rereading often helps those with reading comprehension problems like yourself.

“The Supreme Court most certainly can declare a law or an amendment as drafted to be unconstitutional”

But of course I added, just so you also will not forget, “they do not have the power nor the right to make up a totally new law.”. Let me know if there is anything else you need help with.

Which law is she not following? Can you point out a law on the books that says she MUST perform same sex marriages.

If there is no such law, she is not breaking the law, right? And if she is in an elected position, as I think magistrates are in Wyoming, let the people decide next election.
Since I'm not knowledgeable about that state's laws or regs, I'm just spouting off here, but I'm guessing that when a judge or other officer of the court goes rouge in public interviews and recommends violating specific laws, you'd best believe that in itself violates some regulation like Canon #Holy ****, Rule #Get Her, Subpart #Out of Here of the Wyoming Code of Judicial Conduct or other relevant code. :twocents:

Since I'm not knowledgeable about that state's laws or regs, I'm just spouting off here, but I'm guessing that when a judge or other officer of the court goes rouge in public interviews and recommends violating specific laws, you'd best believe that in itself violates some regulation like Canon #Holy ****, Rule #Get Her, Subpart #Out of Here of the Wyoming Code of Judicial Conduct or other relevant code. :twocents:

That she would color her cheeks reddish should not be a true problem, should it? The depiction in the photo indicates she might need an intervention by someone who knows a little more about makeup actually.

But seriously, how did she go "rouge [rogue] in public" and recommend "violating specific laws"? Again I have to ask, which law/laws did she violate? You may not know about state laws, but I have looked online and not found one. If the supreme court invalidates a law, another does not automatically spring up in its place. This striking down of a law in any event, was an overreach by the federal government in a place where is has no concern. And which, by original charter agreeing to union, was a matter reserved to the states.

That she would color her cheeks reddish should not be a true problem, should it? The depiction in the photo indicates she might need an intervention by someone who knows a little more about makeup actually.

But seriously, how did she go "rouge [rogue] in public" and recommend "violating specific laws"? Again I have to ask, which law/laws did she violate? You may not know about state laws, but I have looked online and not found one. If the supreme court invalidates a law, another does not automatically spring up in its place. This striking down of a law in any event, was an overreach by the federal government in a place where is has no concern. And which, by original charter agreeing to union, was a matter reserved to the states.

When someone is so concerned with a single word in my comment (a parapraxis, perhaps? :)) that he manages to stretch the "gotcha" into the second paragraph of his comment, that's a clue to me to walk on by. Gosh my face is so red!

When someone is so concerned with a single word in my comment (a parapraxis, perhaps? :)) that he manages to stretch the "gotcha" into the second paragraph of his comment, that's a clue to me to walk on by. Gosh my face is so red!
Keep walking, you have yet to say anything worthwhile. Noticed you totally avoided the "rouge" meat of my post, how convenient.

Besides, I was just trying to teach you the correct word. I am assuming you will not make that mistake again, ha ha ha, thank me and yes, keep walking.

wow interesting that the SCOTUS could step on her rights.
hmmm I guess rights aren't equally protected as we thought and that
political agenda's gives some people more rights than others.

They never have been. In the exercise of your rights, you may not infringe upon the rights of others. And denying government service and access to government recognized contract is an infringement upon the rights of others. Furthermore, this is beyond some baker who doesn't want to make a cake for a same-sex marriage, this is a government agent using their government force to infringe upon the rights of the People. That's the main crux here. Government cannot wield its power in such a way as to infringe upon the rights of the People without due process.

So either they need to find a way to get those contracts issued or they need to find a new government agent.

They never have been. In the exercise of your rights, you may not infringe upon the rights of others. And denying government service and access to government recognized contract is an infringement upon the rights of others. Furthermore, this is beyond some baker who doesn't want to make a cake for a same-sex marriage, this is a government agent using their government force to infringe upon the rights of the People. That's the main crux here. Government cannot wield its power in such a way as to infringe upon the rights of the People without due process.

So either they need to find a way to get those contracts issued or they need to find a new government agent.

You forget that they can't step on your rights either. equal protection remember? I guess not.

people seem to forget that or only spout it when it suits them.
She is not denying them anything she is simply excusing herself from something that violates her religious belief.
She is not telling them that they can't get married she is simply abstaining from doing it which is perfectly legal.

Is SHE prohibiting them from getting married or simply not marrying them herself? If it is just her not doing it then
there is nothing that anyone can complain about.

Good things she isn't doing that. They can get married by another justice of the peace. she isn't denying them anything.

You forget that they can't step on your rights either. equal protection remember? I guess not.

She is not denying them anything she is simply excusing herself from something that violates her religious belief.
She is not telling them that they can't get married she is simply abstaining from doing it which is perfectly legal.

Is SHE prohibiting them from getting married or simply not marrying them herself? If it is just her not doing it then

Good things she isn't doing that. They can get married by another justice of the peace. she isn't denying them anything.

She is using her government power to infringe upon a free exercise of rights. If this is explicitly part of her job as a government agent, then she needs to perform it. But we'll see what the courts have to say about it.

In general, the government cannot use its power to infringe upon the rights of the individual without due process. When she wears her judge wig (hehe, not a literal wig...but it used to be), she's a government agent using government power and as such is restricted in the ways she may wield that power.

But this is at the Wyoming State Supreme Court, and we'll see what they figure out.

1.)You forget that they can't step on your rights either. equal protection remember? I guess not.

2.) She is not denying them anything she is simply excusing herself from something that violates her religious belief.

There you are, why did you run from my post? :)
ok lets look at the lies in the post above now

ok you claim her rights are being stepped on but no rights of the judges are. You claim is a lie. If you disagree simply use facts and support YOUR claim :)
:popcorn2:

Nope. It is bigotry to break the minority protection of free exercise of religion and argue it weren't just that.
Who did that and where?

It is that the people are being punished for exercising their rights to free practice of religion that is the main problem.
Who was punished for that?

This is a precedent for treatment of other minorities that could easily come back to haunt us. It is always stupid of a citizen to argue as the SSM brigade now does for selective application of the Constitution. To do so, one must be really ignorant of sociopolitical sciences.
Yet is is only the opponents of SSM that are or try do to just that.

That legal marriage has been redefined
Noting was redefined, just some exclusion eliminated.

After all, we are just now beginning to realize, what other liberalizations introduced many decades ago have caused. Marriage is a long term thing and altering its meaning will have consequences that will not occur until the second generation or third have assimilated the meaning.
So you think that ending slavery was bad also, since by far for most of history it was OK?

Who was punished for that?

Yet is is only the opponents of SSM that are or try do to just that.

Noting was redefined, just some exclusion eliminated.

So you think that ending slavery was bad also, since by far for most of history it was OK?

You aren't well acquainted with logical thinking, are you? And you phantasies are as derogatory as misdirected.

She is using her government power to infringe upon a free exercise of rights. If this is explicitly part of her job as a government agent, then she needs to perform it. But we'll see what the courts have to say about it.
Please show that she is not allowing them to get married at all by someone else. Unless she is doing that she is not infringing on anything.

In general, the government cannot use its power to infringe upon the rights of the individual without due process. When she wears her judge wig (hehe, not a literal wig...but it used to be), she's a government agent using government power and as such is restricted in the ways she may wield that power.

She is recusing herself on constitutional grounds. You have yet to show that she is not allowing them to get married by anyone.
since you can't all I will say is that you are making a false argument. They can easily go to another justice of the peace to get married.
therefore she is not infringing on their rights at all.

But this is at the Wyoming State Supreme Court, and we'll see what they figure out.

if they actually uphold the law they will toss it out. if they play politics then they will do something
to sanction her probably. Unfortunately they won't up hold the law or the constitution.

Please show that she is not allowing them to get married at all by someone else. Unless she is doing that she is not infringing on anything.

She is recusing herself on constitutional grounds. You have yet to show that she is not allowing them to get married by anyone.
since you can't all I will say is that you are making a false argument. They can easily go to another justice of the peace to get married.
therefore she is not infringing on their rights at all.

if they actually uphold the law they will toss it out. if they play politics then they will do something
to sanction her probably. Unfortunately they won't up hold the law or the constitution.

They'll hear all the evidence and make a decision. As I said, if this is explicitly part of their duties, they cannot shirk it.

If your religious beliefs prevent you from doing your job you should be fired. It is pretty clear cut, she is unwilling to do her job.

I disagree you should not have to be fired you should quit first. However if you refuse to quit and refuse to do your job then you should be fired.

Back
Top Bottom