• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wyoming’s top court asked to fire circuit court magistrate who refuses to perform SSM

Re: Wyoming’s top court asked to fire circuit court magistrate who refuses to perform

I am an unashamed follower of Christ and I do believe that she SHOULD BE fired. However, I must add that its quite likely I do not share the same reasoning as others in favor of her firing

What's your reasoning, Fluffy? Is it a religious reason?

Re: Wyoming’s top court asked to fire circuit court magistrate who refuses to perform

What's your reasoning, Fluffy? Is it a religious reason?
I'll save it for another day. I'd hate to further inflame an already inflammatory thread. They're well within their right to fire her, I'll just leave it at that.:lol:

I can ask you the same question,since you support the right for the religious to discriminate against others.
I don't consider participating in things that you don't agree with discrimination first off.

Your line of reasoning was used by those who opposed interracial marriages and that didn't fly.
Once the religious are allowed to discriminate against gays,what's to stop them from discriminating against blacks or any other minority?

I am going by what the constitution and the law says.
You honestly should read the first draft of the 1st amendment. it was really eye opening just how much of a free society the founders wanted.

There have been religions that committed human sacrifices to oppease their gods,should we allow that to happen in the name of "religious freedom"?

This has already been addressed other places and is nothing more than a strawman argument.

Being able to discriminate without any repercussions when out with the Jim Crow laws.

Never agreed with Jim Crow laws either.
However I support the right of anyone not to participate in something
that would violate their conscious or religious beliefs just as the first amendment
says.

The First draft of the 1st amendment.

The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established, nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner, or on any pretext, infringed. The people shall not be deprived or abridged of their right to speak, to write, or to publish their sentiments; and the freedom of the press, as one of the great bulwarks of liberty, shall be inviolable. The people shall not be restrained from peaceably assembling and consulting for their common good; nor from applying to the Legislature by petitions, or remonstrances, for redress of their grievance.

basically this pretty much says let bygones be bygones. basically it says I can't force you and you can't force someone else.
highly accurate and much needed this day and age.

We are a secular government, or supposed to be. Find another line of work if your religion is interfering with serving the public as the constitution and the higher court rulings demand

Only sympathy is for the couples denied justice

Exactly - how much has this (so far unsuccessful) attempt cost the taxpayers? It should not take a court (or an appeal) to fire someone that refuses do their job.

Not especially since tons of people in the real world lose their job based on mere hearsay from scheming coworkers, or that in 32 states gay people can be fired simply for their orientation. Oh but not this bitch judge who has no regard for the law, god forbid it takes less than 2 years to get rid of her

Not especially since tons of people in the real world lose their job based on mere hearsay from scheming coworkers, or that in 32 states gay people can be fired simply for their orientation. Oh but not this bitch judge who has no regard for the law, god forbid it takes less than 2 years to get rid of her

In the real world you get fired for refusing to do your job. This is not about hearsay, scheming coworkers or the employee's sexual orientation.

please see religious accommodation laws.
equal protection remember.

A judge's job is a little different than a clerk or regular employee. Judges are expected to uphold the law and not discriminate based on gender, race, etc. They should also be intelligent enough to compartmentalize their job from their personal beliefs. It's not like the government didn't give her a chance to straighten up her act.

In the real world you get fired for refusing to do your job. This is not about hearsay, scheming coworkers or the employee's sexual orientation.

I'm talking about the right wing that is usually so opposed to workers' rights, even those who do their job perfectly but get screwed by office politics and such, will try to make a martyr out of this extremist who blatantly refuses to do her job

Well we all know that I'm totally for equal rights and I have read some articles on this but I'll need some more info to totally make up my mind. Every article I read compares this to that nut job bigot Kim Davis but I don't see the connection yet.

There is some grey area here for a couple reasons. Currently she has not denied anybody a marriage, secondly (and the info I need) in many places magistrates CAN perform marriages, they are not obligated in anyway and that technically is no thier job just something they can do.

Now where they do have a very solid gripe is she is verbally and publicly refusing to uphold the law. THAT is an issue, you can NOT be a judge and let any PERSONAL views no matter what they are based on trump LAW. That is an EXCELLENT way to get yourself removed and that's why she is finding herself in hot water. Its and issue because it is in fact a violation of code and it leads to the questioning of her ablity to be impartial on any and every ruling she makes. She clearly needs removed more so on that basis than anything else.

wow interesting that the SCOTUS could step on her rights.
hmmm I guess rights aren't equally protected as we thought and that
political agenda's gives some people more rights than others.

religious discrimination is discrimination did you know this?
so the question is then why do you support discrimination?

Unfortunately the law disagrees with you. Please see the religious workplace protections.
You can be sued and fined for not giving religious accommodations to people for things that their
religion would prevent them from doing.

Since all rights are supposed to be equal her right to her religious views are just as valid.
therefore by law the court cannot shun or deny her religious objections. To do so would
mean that they are discriminating against her for religious reasons.

which is why the court should in general throw this out.

doesn't matter. the law disagrees with you. if you don't consider them or say sorry if your religion stop you from doing it.
you are discriminating against them and can be sued and or fined as well.

who said I hated homosexuals? why can't you actually address the question?
Yep and religious protections are law as well.

not really religious accommodations must be made, but that wasn't my question.

my question was did you know that religious discrimination is discrimination?
if you do know that it is and don't care the next question is why do you support discrimination?

or are you just selective of the discrimination you support?

please see religious accommodation laws.
equal protection remember.

Or another judge could do it I am sure they have more than one judge.
forcing her to violate her religious beliefs is not something that the government can do.
please see the 1st amendment. It is very clear.

the question is why do you support religious discrimination?
you hate other forms of discrimination evidently but don't mind discriminating
against religious people. kinda hypocritical.

I don't consider participating in things that you don't agree with discrimination first off.

You honestly should read the first draft of the 1st amendment. it was really eye opening just how much of a free society the founders wanted.

that would violate their conscious or religious beliefs just as the first amendment
says.

The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established, nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner, or on any pretext, infringed. The people shall not be deprived or abridged of their right to speak, to write, or to publish their sentiments; and the freedom of the press, as one of the great bulwarks of liberty, shall be inviolable. The people shall not be restrained from peaceably assembling and consulting for their common good; nor from applying to the Legislature by petitions, or remonstrances, for redress of their grievance.

basically this pretty much says let bygones be bygones. basically it says I can't force you and you can't force someone else.

Why do you repost these lies over and over when they have been factually destroyed and proved wrong by multiple posters, in multiple threads, with links, laws, rights and court cases LMAO
The law DOES NOT agree with your OPINION of it and there is in fact no religious discrimination here against the judge nor "must" religious accommodation always be made. Those lies are 100% factually wrong.

if you disagree i directly challenge you to present ONE fact that supports your claims .. ONE fact is all you need that proves there is religious discrimination here . . you wont because you cant. What you want and are advocating for is special treatment of this judge and the country simply doesn't work that way, she doesn't get special treatment she has to play by the same rule that all of us do and she doesn't get to not uphold the letter of the law, she is a judge.

I can't wait to read your response because all it will be is you repeating your lies, feelings and opinions with ZERO facts based on legality and rights and nothing more or like usual you'll just run away from my challenge for all to see because you realize your post is already destroyed and you got nothing ;)

Facts, laws, rights, courts cases, and the constitution all prove you 100% factually wrong . . remind us what you actually have on your side again? :D

religious discrimination is discrimination did you know this?
so the question is then why do you support discrimination?

she is not being fired for her religion. She is perfectly able to worship how she pleases. She is not asked to marry them before god, but to recognize it for the state.

This has already been addressed other places and is nothing more than a strawman argument.

says.

You should study world history more.
Once you allow one group to have power over another group,that group is just going to want power over other groups.
Once again I ask,what to stop them from going from discrimination to oppressing others?.

Actually the law says it only applies if less than a minimal impact on business operation would occur. In this case they would essentially have to hire another person to do her job because she refuses to do it which is an undue burden on the employer.
Which law is she not following? Can you point out a law on the books that says she MUST perform same sex marriages.

If there is no such law, she is not breaking the law, right? And if she is in an elected position, as I think magistrates are in Wyoming, let the people decide next election.

You should study world history more.
Once you allow one group to have power over another group,that group is just going to want power over other groups.
Once again I ask,what to stop them from going from discrimination to oppressing others?.
If you turn the positions around, you will see you have a very good argument against yourself and current position... and it is why those of us who oppose SSM feel it necessary to nip this in the bud as further deviancy in other areas is already on its way...

The LBGT community and its blinded by the dark light support structure, the Democrat Party, is pushing too too hard for unrealistic and unnatural changes to our culture. Its nothing like interracial marriage as interracial marriages can conceive children naturally. It was unnatural to separate heterosexuals based upon color only.

If you turn the positions around, you will see you have a very good argument against yourself and current position... and it is why those of us who oppose SSM feel it necessary to nip this in the bud as further deviancy in other areas is already on its way...

The LBGT community and its blinded by the dark light support structure, the Democrat Party, is pushing too too hard for unrealistic and unnatural changes to our culture. Its nothing like interracial marriage as interracial marriages can conceive children naturally. It was unnatural to separate heterosexuals based upon color only.

Free free to present the US Law that has ever required natural conception to be a requirement of entering into Civil Marriage.

On the other hand I can show you laws that require that those entering into Civil Marriage NOT be able to conceive naturally.

>>>>

Free free to present the US Law that has ever required natural conception to be a requirement of entering into Civil Marriage.

On the other hand I can show you laws that require that those entering into Civil Marriage NOT be able to conceive naturally.

>>>>
Whoever said "is required"... "can" is all that really matters.

Whoever said "is required"... "can" is all that really matters.

Nope, infertile couples can marry. Pass a law banning post-menopausal women from marriage and then we'll talk about gay couples

pushing too hard....the gay rights movement has been 50 years in the making!

recommend you move to saudi, where the total oppression of minorities will be more to your liking

Nope, infertile couples can marry. Pass a law banning post-menopausal women from marriage and then we'll talk about gay couples
Heterosexual couples in general "can", homosexual couples cannot.

pushing too hard....the gay rights movement has been 50 years in the making!

recommend you move to saudi, where the total oppression of minorities will be more to your liking
Nope, actually we weren't pushing hard enough... should have known that those promising that, "if you will just tolerate us" would be a lie just to get the camel's nose in the tent.

This has been the proof in truth of the supposed "slippery slope" fallacy.

How about instead you move to Denmark or Canada, we normal people are most the ones that have populated and appreciated the US of A.

wow interesting that the SCOTUS could step on her rights.
hmmm I guess rights aren't equally protected as we thought and that
political agenda's gives some people more rights than others.
Naw, the diminishing you are implying is only the effect cave walls have on those who still live in caves and thus maintain a caveperson mentality.

Which law is she not following? Can you point out a law on the books that says she MUST perform same sex marriages.

If there is no such law, she is not breaking the law, right? And if she is in an elected position, as I think magistrates are in Wyoming, let the people decide next election.
Reading comprehension is not something you use eh? Who said she is not following a law? She is not doing her job.

The LBGT community and its blinded by the dark light support structure, the Democrat Party, is pushing too too hard for unrealistic and unnatural changes to our culture.
Bigotry is not a culture, just stupid ignorance.

Its nothing like interracial marriage as interracial marriages can conceive children naturally.
Yea, so what? What does that have to do with anything?

I think it rather pig headed to make martyrs and stupid. Let's hope that the idiots don't press on with the civil rights overreach much more. This could lead to violence like that the liberals were saying Trump was calling for. The intrusion on persons constitutional rights is the type that could ignite considerable violence.

Back
Top Bottom