• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wyoming’s top court asked to fire circuit court magistrate who refuses to perform SSM

Re: Wyoming’s top court asked to fire circuit court magistrate who refuses to perform

In before Nazi reference.

Re: Wyoming’s top court asked to fire circuit court magistrate who refuses to perform

wow interesting that the SCOTUS could step on her rights.
hmmm I guess rights aren't equally protected as we thought and that
political agenda's gives some people more rights than others.

In before Nazi reference.

SSM has been legal for two years now.
She should of quit back then.
This is just another case of a person nailing themselves to the cross and cries about how persecuted she is.

There is no right to discriminate.
There is no right to be continually employed when you break the rules.

If your religious beliefs prevent you from doing your job you should be fired. It is pretty clear cut, she is unwilling to do her job.

There is no right to discriminate.
There is no right to be continually employed when you break the rules.

religious discrimination is discrimination did you know this?
so the question is then why do you support discrimination?

If your religious beliefs prevent you from doing your job you should be fired. It is pretty clear cut, she is unwilling to do her job.

Unfortunately the law disagrees with you. Please see the religious workplace protections.
You can be sued and fined for not giving religious accommodations to people for things that their
religion would prevent them from doing.

Since all rights are supposed to be equal her right to her religious views are just as valid.
therefore by law the court cannot shun or deny her religious objections. To do so would
mean that they are discriminating against her for religious reasons.

which is why the court should in general throw this out.

Unfortunately the law disagrees with you. Please see the religious workplace protections.
You can be sued and fined for not giving religious accommodations to people for things that their

Not when it is literally the job description. This lady does not have the ability to perform her job, she deserved to be fired just like any person in that situation would be. It is like having an armless man as a shelf stocker or a Muslim as a pork taste tester. Her religion directly prevents her from doing the very thing she was hired to do.

That will put a lot of Muslims out of work.

religious discrimination is discrimination did you know this?
so the question is then why do you support discrimination?
Why do you hate homosexuals?
Requiring everyone to obey the same laws is not discrimination.
The religious do not have the right to choose which laws they want to obey without repercussions.
Do your job or get fired,that's how it's always worked.

That will put a lot of Muslims out of work.

Not really, I have no idea what job that Muslims often take that would directly contradict with their religious beliefs. The Muslim flight attendant that was just fired for not serving alcohol, she was rightfully fired, her religion prevented the very job she was hired to do.

Not when it is literally the job description. This lady does not have the ability to perform her job, she deserved to be fired just like any person in that situation would be. It is like having an armless man as a shelf stocker or a Muslim as a pork taste tester. Her religion directly prevents her from doing the very thing she was hired to do.

doesn't matter. the law disagrees with you. if you don't consider them or say sorry if your religion stop you from doing it.
you are discriminating against them and can be sued and or fined as well.

Not really, I have no idea what job that Muslims often take that would directly contradict with their religious beliefs. The Muslim flight attendant that was just fired for not serving alcohol, she was rightfully fired, her religion prevented the very job she was hired to do.

and she is suing because of it and she will probably win.

Since all rights are supposed to be equal her right to her religious views are just as valid.
therefore by law the court cannot shun or deny her religious objections. To do so would
mean that they are discriminating against her for religious reasons.

which is why the court should in general throw this out.
Same excuse those that opposed interracial marriages used.

Why do you hate homosexuals?
Requiring everyone to obey the same laws is not discrimination.
The religious do not have the right to choose which laws they want to obey without repercussions.
Do your job or get fired,that's how it's always worked.

who said I hated homosexuals? why can't you actually address the question?
Yep and religious protections are law as well.

not really religious accommodations must be made, but that wasn't my question.

my question was did you know that religious discrimination is discrimination?
if you do know that it is and don't care the next question is why do you support discrimination?

or are you just selective of the discrimination you support?

Same excuse those that opposed interracial marriages used.

please see religious accommodation laws.
equal protection remember.

doesn't matter. the law disagrees with you. if you don't consider them or say sorry if your religion stop you from doing it.

Sorry but, even with your religious beliefs, that doesn't give you the right to start picking and choosing which laws you want to follow.

If her religious beliefs really do prevent her from doing her job, then I'd fully support her to step down in protest.

Actually the law says it only applies if less than a minimal impact on business operation would occur. In this case they would essentially have to hire another person to do her job because she refuses to do it which is an undue burden on the employer.

Actually the law says it only applies if less than a minimal impact on business operation would occur. In this case they would essentially have to hire another person to do her job because she refuses to do it which is an undue burden on the employer.

Or another judge could do it I am sure they have more than one judge.
forcing her to violate her religious beliefs is not something that the government can do.
please see the 1st amendment. It is very clear.

the question is why do you support religious discrimination?
you hate other forms of discrimination evidently but don't mind discriminating
against religious people. kinda hypocritical.

I'm shocked that someone in the government is getting fired for not doing their job. That's the real story here. :mrgreen:

Exactly - how much has this (so far unsuccessful) attempt cost the taxpayers? It should not take a court (or an appeal) to fire someone that refuses do their job.

who said I hated homosexuals? why can't you actually address the question?
Yep and religious protections are law as well.

not really religious accommodations must be made, but that wasn't my question.

my question was did you know that religious discrimination is discrimination?
if you do know that it is and don't care the next question is why do you support discrimination?

or are you just selective of the discrimination you support?
I can ask you the same question,since you support the right for the religious to discriminate against others.

Your line of reasoning was used by those who opposed interracial marriages and that didn't fly.
Once the religious are allowed to discriminate against gays,what's to stop them from discriminating against blacks or any other minority?
What's to stop them from wanting the right to deny my right to fire an employee for not doing the job I hired them to do?

There have been religions that committed human sacrifices to oppease their gods,should we allow that to happen in the name of "religious freedom"?

Being able to discriminate without any repercussions when out with the Jim Crow laws.

Last edited:

I am an unashamed follower of Christ and I do believe that she SHOULD BE fired. However, I must add that its quite likely I do not share the same reasoning as others in favor of her firing

Back
Top Bottom