• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wyoming’s conservative legislature rejects critical race theory ban

Sorry, I eschew prolonged, useless google searches. Besides it wouldn't make a gnat's ass of different, would it?
Dude I don't agree with you and I can provide examples of it happening.

CRT is NOT common sense.
Evil throughout history is absolutely common sense. You cannot teach accurate history without judgment.
And whether you like it or not, accurate American history requires teaching about a lot of evil things that white people did to people of color.
That is a fact, and anyone who doesn't learn it is doomed to repeat it.

Evil throughout history is absolutely common sense. You cannot teach accurate history without judgment.
And whether you like it or not, accurate American history requires teaching about a lot of evil things that white people did to people of color.
That is a fact, and anyone who doesn't learn it is doomed to repeat it.
First off stick your smug assumptions about what I believe or not somewhere uncomfortable. I've made clear several times that I'm in strong support of a balanced treatment of history. Including slavery, racial issues, etc.
You ASSUME CRT provides a balanced recounting of history, but that's questionable at best. And woefully underreported in MSM. I've never seen a narrative on the anti-slavery attitudes and actions during the founding. For instance abolition movements were springing up in the North in the mid to late 1700's. Many of the Founding Fathers were strongly anti-slavery but felt we wouldn't have the power to fight off England if southern states didn't join up.

All that needs to be taught, along with laws ending slavery in northern states. Or the abolishment of trans-ocean slave trade, both in the early 1800's.
-
I'd venture to say less than half the population understands the 3/5th compromise - many think it was ANTI-black.

You ASSUME CRT provides a balanced recounting of history, but that's questionable at best.
It's a theory genius, it's not taught as law. It's one possible explanation that could explain a lot of things about where we are today, and it makes a hell of a lot of sense.
That's why it is taught in universities to the leaders of tomorrow to make sure they're aware of the possibilities so they can make sure they're not contributing to it if it's accurate.
If someone like a judge better understands the potential dangers of unconscious bias they can take steps to ensure they are not part of the problem.

When 80-90% of positions of power are controlled by white people and 60-70% by men all it takes is small unconscious biases in favor of white people or against people of color to result in significant disadvantages.

It's a theory genius, it's not taught as law. It's one possible explanation that could explain a lot of things about where we are today, and it makes a hell of a lot of sense.
That's why it is taught in universities to the leaders of tomorrow to make sure they're aware of the possibilities so they can make sure they're not contributing to it if it's accurate.
If someone like a judge better understands the potential dangers of unconscious bias they can take steps to ensure they are not part of the problem.

When 80-90% of positions of power are controlled by white people and 60-70% by men all it takes is small unconscious biases in favor of white people or against people of color to result in significant disadvantages.
Never mind, genius. I'm not interested in ideological rants.

Back
Top Bottom