• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

www.gofundme.com- Re-pledge Wall money to federal workers

Sand Castle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Humanitarian idea! The gofundme wall money pledged: $19,577,009 of $1.0B goal raised to build Trump's wall from the gofundme site used by WE THE PEOPLE WILL FUND THE WALL! will no longer be needed for the wall. With Trump's threat to invoke a state of national emergency, followed by ordering the military to use their budget money and resources to build his wall. The above donations should be re-pledged to the unfortunate federal workers trying to provide for his or her family. The "fund the wall" organizer Brian Kolfage displays the profile below on the website:
"My name is Brian Kolfage, I have a verified blue check facebook page as a public figure and I’m a Purple Heart Recipient triple amputee veteran". With the above mentioned Trump developments, I urge Mr. Kolfage to help his fellow federally paid employees of the government by redirecting his fundraising to out of work families in need, now that Trump has found his own wall funding.

Let’s see;

19.5 million divided by 800,000..............carry the 1.........:confused:

Humanitarian idea! The gofundme wall money pledged: $19,577,009 of $1.0B goal raised to build Trump's wall from the gofundme site used by WE THE PEOPLE WILL FUND THE WALL! will no longer be needed for the wall. With Trump's threat to invoke a state of national emergency, followed by ordering the military to use their budget money and resources to build his wall. The above donations should be re-pledged to the unfortunate federal workers trying to provide for his or her family. The "fund the wall" organizer Brian Kolfage displays the profile below on the website:
"My name is Brian Kolfage, I have a verified blue check facebook page as a public figure and I’m a Purple Heart Recipient triple amputee veteran". With the above mentioned Trump developments, I urge Mr. Kolfage to help his fellow federally paid employees of the government by redirecting his fundraising to out of work families in need, now that Trump has found his own wall funding.

So about $10 for every federal civilian and military member affected?

Why not start your own Gofundme to help those workers instead using others money for your pet projects

Why not start your own Gofundme to help those workers instead using others money for your pet projects

If wall will is going to be built by military where is "others" money going? Just trying to be fiscally conservative and not waste donor money

If wall will is going to be built by military where is "others" money going? Just trying to be fiscally conservative and not waste donor money

The "Reply With Quote" button at the bottom of all the posts is your friend.

It’s a scam to begin with.

You cant raise money to give to the government for a specific purpose not authorized by congress.

Sorry. How much did they sucker you out of?

The fund money can be used to offset cost

To threegoofs- Not a dime to the scam. Flush out scammers that start a website to supposedly help the citizens of this country. When it is actually a stunt rallying Trumps base to let him say the people want the wall.

Last edited:
So who is doing the accounting for what the military budget pays minus total wall cost = donor money

Not sure who but almost any "Bob from Accounting" would be able to work out the math.

Please show your math

Just guessing. But let’s look. 1.2M active duty military members and about 2M civilian workers. So 3.2M people sharing about $20M would be $6.25 a person. So I overestimated.

Not sure who but almost any "Bob from Accounting" would be able to work out the math.

Sorry, let me re-phrase my question- Who will oversee "Bob from Accounting" ? Also, will acting Defense secretary Patrick M. Shanahan give a phone call to Brian Kolfage at some point and say Hey Brian we ran a few dollars short on wall money can you give me some from your fund raising and then Brian why don't you give the remainder to those poor federal workers effected by the Government shut down.

Just guessing. But let’s look. 1.2M active duty military members and about 2M civilian workers. So 3.2M people sharing about $20M would be $6.25 a person. So I overestimated.

t’https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-container/US/government-shutdown-numbers-paid/story?id=60064912s It's day eight of the government shutdown, and an estimated 800,000 people who work for the U.S. government are feeling the impact. I must have expressed my point ineffectively, my understanding through research is that the consensus is that 800,000 federal workers are not being paid. My original post is intended to help them. Thanks for pointing out the math, more donations are definitely needed

Are you SURE that's what you are doing and not just the typical leftist "I want to be generous with someone else's money!" bull****?

Nah...I think its the usual "I want to be generous with someone else's money!" bull****. Pretty sure.

t’https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-container/US/government-shutdown-numbers-paid/story?id=60064912s It's day eight of the government shutdown, and an estimated 800,000 people who work for the U.S. government are feeling the impact. I must have expressed my point ineffectively, my understanding through research is that the consensus is that 800,000 federal workers are not being paid. My original post is intended to help them. Thanks for pointing out the math, more donations are definitely needed

So $23 per person?

Minus 50% for Kolfage’s ‘overhead and expenses’...

Are you SURE that's what you are doing and not just the typical leftist "I want to be generous with someone else's money!" bull****?

Nah...I think its the usual "I want to be generous with someone else's money!" bull****. Pretty sure.

Sounds like what gofundthewall is doing just following suite. I have done nothing but start a conversation. After all it's Brian Kolfage who has done "I want to be generous with someone else's money!" bull****. by asking tax payers that already give their hard earned money to the government in taxes to give twice towards the wall with first taxes then donation. Are you SURE that what you are doing is not just calling Brian Kolfage typical leftist

Sounds like what gofundthewall is doing just following suite. I have done nothing but start a conversation. After all it's Brian Kolfage who has done "I want to be generous with someone else's money!" bull****. by asking tax payers that already give their hard earned money to the government in taxes to give twice towards the wall with first taxes then donation. Are you SURE that what you are doing is not just calling Brian Kolfage typical leftist
:lamo

You arent even motivated enough to start your OWN gofundme or to donate to an existing one.

Sure, it's a good idea. But Kolfage ultimately is free to dispense of the money idiots sent him however he chooses. And besides - humanitarian isn't a word that Trump fans understand anyway.

:lamo

You arent even motivated enough to start your OWN gofundme or to donate to an existing one.

You right, but i am interested to have revealed that people will support a pile of concrete or steel over hurting people

Back
Top Bottom