• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WTF is wrong with people?

Chillfolks

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

A former Louisiana middle school teacher has been sentenced to 40 years behind bars after admitting she fed students cupcakes laced with the sperm of her ex-husband, an ex-sheriff’s lieutenant.
The deal requires her cooperation against ex-husband Dennis Perkins, 44, a former SWAT team commander for the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office scheduled to stand trial later this year.
Cynthia Perkins admitted assisting her husband in sexually assaulting a juvenile, helping her husband film a juvenile bathing, and lacing cupcakes with her then-husband’s sperm before feeding them to schoolchildren

First this is not a thread about condemning any profession or a general smear of any kind. This is about two extremely deranged and sick people doing unforgivable acts IMO.

Seriously WTF is wrong with some people. I could not imagine how it feels to be a parent of one the kids eating those cupcakes. This couple deserves all the trouble they will have in jail and then some. If there is a hell these folks got first class tickets in the express lane awaiting them

First this is not a thread about condemning any profession or a general smear of any kind. This is about two extremely deranged and sick people doing unforgivable acts IMO.

Seriously WTF is wrong with some people. I could not imagine how it feels to be a parent of one the kids eating those cupcakes. This couple deserves all the trouble they will have in jail and then some. If there is a hell these folks got first class tickets in the express lane awaiting them
Disgusting. And that is not the worst thing that they did.

I say to myself, "What the **** is wrong with people?" multiple times a day.

Sometimes after reading the news, sometimes after reading DP posts, sometimes after interacting with others in public.

Why is this in General Political Discussion?
Degradation of society. It's related to political leaders and people of authority (officers and teachers) who flaunt laws and unacceptable behavior that helps to normalize disgusting, rude, and selfish behavior for others.

Degradation of society. It's related to political leaders who flaunt laws and unacceptable behavior that helps to normalize disgusting, rude, and selfish behavior for others.
What political leaders? And flaunting what laws and unacceptable behavior?

Absolutely agree what these degenerates did was disgusting, selfish, abusive, grossly illegal, and a host of other totally negative things.

But political? I think you're trying to stretch this beyond the bounds in which it legitimately belongs to other areas in which it has no relevance.

Absolutely agree what these degenerates did was disgusting, selfish, abusive, grossly illegal, and a host of other totally negative things.

But political?
I can start a new thread and we can discuss how the Trump administration's lies, lawbreaking, corruption, bullying, etc. impacted societal behavior but I suspect you would ignore it.

40 years of hard labor was her plea deal? She would have come out better if she had committed murder

A former teacher of all things. She got hers - 40 years at hard labor without the possibility of parole

Him? A former SWAT officer. He goes on trial later this year and the outcome doesn't bode nearly as well as police don't generally fare well in prison.

Laced before or after baking.

Because it's slightly better if after?

Maybe?

Still, why the hell?

I can start a new thread and we can discuss how the Trump administration's lies, lawbreaking, corruption, bullying, etc. impacted societal behavior but I suspect you would ignore it.
Wow.

Did they make them remove their red caps for the mug shots?

:unsure:

Maybe?

Still, why the hell?

Say WHA now? You're going to have to explain that one.😧

Maybe?

Still, why the hell?

I think before would be better (as far as it could be), because the baking might kill any disease this sick **** might have?

But political? I think you're trying to stretch this beyond the bounds in which it legitimately belongs to other areas in which it has no relevance.
Unfortunately there has been at least one prominent Democrat that has marched side by side with NAMBLA advocates.

Maybe?

Still, why the hell?
I understand your point with killing germs and all, but it really doesn’t matter a lot. I can’t imagine the security needed to keep these people safe.

nothing is wrong "with people".......................you are only talking about .0000000000001% of the population

nothing is wrong "with people".......................you are only talking about .0000000000001% of the population
I would disagree we see stories every day of people who are just off to be polite. Pushing someone on front of a train, punching a stranger, shooting a political rival, false claims of crimes for attention, If you can scroll threw TikTok, Instagram, or Twitter for a few hours and not wonder what’s wrong with people that is frightening.

I would disagree we see stories every day of people who are just off to be polite. Pushing someone on front of a train, punching a stranger, shooting a political rival, false claims of crimes for attention, If you can scroll threw TikTok, Instagram, or Twitter for a few hours and not wonder what’s wrong with people that is frightening.
There's 8 billion people in the world. Are you just discovering that some human beings do terrible things? You're going to be very busy if your intent is to start a thread on all of them.

out of the 7 billion people on the Earth that is a VERY small percentage

What we see stories about are not a representative sample of humanity

Let's keep our math confined to the US since that is the origin of the story. Some data:

approx. 150,000 child abuse cases/year
approx. 750,000 registered sex offenders in the us
approx. 10 million animals die from abuse/neglect each yr
approx 10 million domestic abuse cases (men and women) per year

We're over 3% of total US population with those reported stats and we know there are many more unreported.

Back
Top Bottom