• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WTF is wrong down in Georgia?

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
As if Marjorie Taylor Greene wasn’t bad bough, now we might have to contend with Herschel Walker?

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/16/1086...candidate-herschel-walker-questions-evolution
"At one time, science said man came from apes, did it not?" Walker said on Sunday at Sugar Hill Church in Sugar Hill, Ga., during an on-stage interview. Lead Pastor Chuck Allen responded, "Every time I read or hear that, I think to myself, 'You just didn't read the same Bible I did.'"

"That's what's interesting, though. If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it," Walker continued.

What is happening in this state???

9e9cb0b46b2cbc2a159f15b966da25e8.jpg

What is happening in this state???
Perhaps the inmates are taking over.

"At one time, science said man came from apes, did it not?" Walker said on Sunday at Sugar Hill Church in Sugar Hill, Ga., during an on-stage interview.

It should be noted science does NOT say and has never said man came from apes. Such a statement demonstrates one's utter ignorance of science, particularly evolution.

Are you going to slam Islam as well, or is your hatred focused solely on Christian churches?
The issue is not his religion, nor his religious beliefs. It is not even that he does not believe in evolution. The issue is that he is talking about a topic he clearly knows nothing about, and when you do that, you inevitably say stupid things, which he did here. For speciation to occur, there are specific requirements: https://www.khanacademy.org/science/ap-biology/natural-selection/speciation/a/species-speciation

For speciation to occur, two new populations must be formed from one original population, and they must evolve in such a way that it becomes impossible for individuals from the two new populations to interbreed. Biologists often divide the ways that speciation can occur into two broad categories:
  • Allopatric speciation—allo meaning other and patric meaning homeland—involves geographic separation of populations from a parent species and subsequent evolution.
  • Sympatric speciation—sym meaning same and patric meaning homeland—involves speciation occurring within a parent species remaining in one location.

There is nothing wrong with Walker not knowing about evolution and the mechanisms involved. But in order to not sound stupid, people should not lecture on topics they do not know about. Humans are theorized to have come from allopatric speciation of chimpanzees(not apes).

Edit for clarity and accuracy: apes are in the family tree for Homo Sapiens, but chimps more closely in that tree.

Last edited:
Some things are good here and some things are not.

We have Stacey Abrams, but we also have Herschel Walker.
We have Miss Boebert, Phys. I feel your pain. Georgia is a beautiful state. I went to a pop festival back in 1969 just SE of Macon. Man, was it hot and humid, even for a young Okie kid!

As if Marjorie Taylor Greene wasn’t bad bough, now we might have to contend with Herschel Walker?

Nothing that hasn’t happened or isn’t happening in any other state.

If Jim Jordan or Tommy Turberville or Bobert or Gosar can get elected anyone can.

Simply find a willing person that will appeal to what your research says is the majority of your party in a specific area and plow money into their campaign.

I would submit that Green nor Walker will garner enough votes to win an election.

Some things are good here and some things are not.

We have Stacey Abrams, but we also have Herschel Walker.

I thought you said you had some good things.

Is he, in a round about way, referring to the "Missing Link" ?
I think it's still missing .....
;)
No, that is not thinking. That is taking a guess based like walker on deliberate ignorance of the subject.

You are using the fact that fossil evidence will always be incomplete because fossils are rare. Yet there is still enough to make evolution a far better theory than creationism.

No, that is not thinking. That is taking a guess based like walker on deliberate ignorance of the subject.

You are using the fact that fossil evidence will always be incomplete because fossils are rare. Yet there is still enough to make evolution a far better theory than creationism.
Note really.
The probability of the Primordial Soup causing atoms to configure themselves in such a way as to CREATE LIFE from nothing is far less likely
then having a Tornado go over a junk yard and resulting in a US Aircraft carrier after it passes....

Also the "Big Bang Theory" is mathematically sound everywhere accept for the ~ first 3mS of existence! That's why it's a Theory and not
a Law ;)

Note really.
The probability of the Primordial Soup causing atoms to configure themselves in such a way as to CREATE LIFE from nothing is far less likely
then having a Tornado go over a junk yard and resulting in a US Aircraft carrier after it passes....

Also the "Big Bang Theory" is mathematically sound everywhere accept for the ~ first 3mS of existence! That's why it's a Theory and not
a Law ;)

Note really.

a Law ;)

Anything that cannot be fully understood or explained 100% is obviously the work of a Magic Sky Man.
Nobody can explain definitively how life first began or where the Universe came from, this has nothing to do with the scientific fact of evolution however which is well documented.
I'm still thinking the Universe probably did not originate from a Magic Guy, because that would just beg the question "Well where did the Magic Guy come from?" And if theres a Magic Guy, doesnt there also have to be a Magic Gal too? And Magic Parents? Its circular "reasoning" and really doesnt explain the origin of life. Humans won't ever know how life first started imo. yeah maybe some proteins or some material were hit by a spark of lightning or some such, but nobody knows where that protein or where that lightning really came from or how they happened to be in existence at all.
I cant completely rule out a Magic Guy....but that sure doesnt mean I believe in a Magic Guy.

Are you going to slam Islam as well, or is your hatred focused solely on Christian churches?
What about Jews? If someone criticizes something a Christian preacher says do they also have to dump on Jews to legitimize their right to an opinion?

Anything that cannot be fully understood or explained 100% is obviously the work of a Magic Sky Man.
Nobody can explain definitively how life first began or where the Universe came from, this has nothing to do with the scientific fact of evolution however which is well documented.
I'm still thinking the Universe probably did not originate from a Magic Guy, because that would just beg the question "Well where did the Magic Guy come from?" And if theres a Magic Guy, doesnt there also have to be a Magic Gal too? And Magic Parents? Its circular "reasoning" and really doesnt explain the origin of life. Humans won't ever know how life first started imo. yeah maybe some proteins or some material were hit by a spark of lightning or some such, but nobody knows where that protein or where that lightning really came from or how they happened to be in existence at all.
I cant completely rule out a Magic Guy....but that sure doesnt mean I believe in a Magic Guy.
So what magic event do you believe in? Every culture has a creation myth, the Big Bang theory is the scientific communities creation myth.
A creation myth being a story that explains what you can see, even if you have no other evidence that It's true.

So what magic event do you believe in? Every culture has a creation myth, the Big Bang theory is the scientific communities creation myth.
A creation myth being a story that explains what you can see, even if you have no other evidence that It's true.

I "believe" that there are mysteries in the Universe which humans do not have the comprehension or perception to ever understand.
Curiosity and inquisitiveness being what it is, we won't ever stop trying to understand, but we won't ever fully understand.
The Magic Sky Man theory to me does not ring true. I admit that I do not know what magic event led to all of this. I dont know why so many people cant simply say "I cant explain this with my level of perception, this is beyond my pay grade to comprehend."
the Big Bang Theory to me doesnt explain anything anyway, since it does nothing at all to explain where all of that material came from in the first place in order to be able to go "bang". Some things are unknowable to humans. And imo always will be.

So you don't even understand the concept of the "Magic Sky Guy" !

The MSG is bigger than infinity, he created infinity, and engulfs infinity. So we CAN'T discuss him with any type of limits, boarders or
human constructs (as you just attempted to do).
That's the most profound aspect of the MSG theory.

North of Atlanta is the southern part of Appalachia and it doesn’t really get better until Chattanooga, then it gets worse again.
What he said. Cities over 100K tend to be pretty decent down south but once you get much outside it gets weird. A sibling lives in Ashville, which is very bohemian and fun, but if you get 20 minutes away you can hear Deliverance at night.

Leftists literally have ****-all to say when it comes to their politicians from Georgia.

That pathetic ****ing waste has spent 15 years in the House and so far has managed to rename a few post offices. SO bad that congressional staffers voted his as "most clueless".

So spare us your poutrage over Herschel Walker.

Note really.

a Law ;)
Considering scientists have created life in laboratory conditions that simulate that primordial soup then you really don't have much of an argument there.

And no, how the universe began is a theory because it is an explanation of how the universe began where as a law is based on repeated and repeatable experiments as well as observation.

Back
Top Bottom