• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Written plan to storm government building

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I the hands of a proud boy.

Oops.

For those who can't read the Times

Oops.

Do you find that surprising?

There were a lot of pissed off people back then, but at least they didn't go through with it.

Yeah, this story has already run it's course. The fact that they had to hedge of "similarities" is proof enough that we aren't going to get the full story here. It's the same issue you get when they claim something is said "without evidence" or they completely change the wording of a statement to completely dismiss the question.

This is just more meat for the far-left idiots who're still drooling over the Jan 6th riot, even though the story is practically done at this point. Worse being is that the "evidence" only has similarities and doesn't appear to actually have been used. So now these idiots are clamouring over punishing someone over something that they did not actually do. Pretty much par for the course in the current authoritarian state of things.

Oops.

And written by Trump, on White House stationary! Signed by Putin! I'm sure the left has already decided that.

And written by Trump, on White House stationary! Signed by Putin! I'm sure the left has already decided that.
Don't be silly. Nobody is claiming anything of the sort.

Do you find that surprising?

There were a lot of pissed off people back then, but at least they didn't go through with it.

Oh, so the plot failed and the mob found itself without a leader after Trump slithered away and hid in the White House.

So, I guess we’re supposed to forget the whole thing.

Sorry, but the no nothings are busy trying to tie up the Capitol Beltway right now, and they seem to have no mission other than flying their flags and hoping to see themselves on Fox or right trash social media. Trump signs are noticeably absent!

With this kind of common, just plain ignorant BS going on, it’s unlikely that we will forget the whole thing.

And democracy depends on holding those responsible accountable.

You've decided it was a liberal false flag that Soros is behind.

oh dear. you mean to tell me that the bad actors actually planned something out?
how diabolical.

Oh, so the plot failed and the mob found itself without a leader after Trump slithered away and hid in the White House.

So, I guess we’re supposed to forget the whole thing.

Sorry, but the no nothings are busy trying to tie up the Capitol Beltway right now, and they seem to have no mission other than flying their flags and hoping to see themselves on Fox or right trash social media. Trump signs are noticeably absent!

With this kind of common, just plain ignorant BS going on, it’s unlikely that we will forget the whole thing.

And democracy depends on holding those responsible accountable.
See post #5

Oops.

Hoo boy. So glad Canada designated them as a domestic terrorist group.

See post #5

And?

Are we supposed to forget the white supremacist both in and outside the White House for creating this riot?

It isn’t as if the mob got a conscious at the last moment.

We agree trump needs to be in jail. But so do a lot of other people.

And I agree that the man deserves to go to prison.

Are we supposed to forget the white supremacist both in and outside the White House for creating this riot?
Did I miss the press conference by the Democrats where they presented evidence of WH involvement in the riot?

It isn’t as if the mob got a conscious at the last moment.
How would I know and why should I care?

We agree trump needs to be in jail. But so do a lot of other people.
No, we don't agree... Where's the evidence and/or proof that Trump took part in any way with the planning or execution of the riot?

It's really sad that even when presented with written evidence of their dirty deeds on january the sixth many so called republicans do their usual and dismiss it and call the left crazy because the riot was a big nothingburger to stop the steal.

I have really learned to despise republican politics over the last five years and the people who support it.

And I agree that the man deserves to go to prison.

Did I miss the press conference by the Democrats where they presented evidence of WH involvement in the riot?

How would I know and why should I care?

No, we don't agree... Where's the evidence and/or proof that Trump took part in any way with the planning or execution of the riot?
Don't you understand? "Go peacefully" is secret code for trespassing and illegal parading.

In a written opinion that ran over 100 pages, Judge Amit Mehta rejected the former president's claims that he is entitled to broad immunity from multiple lawsuits blaming him for the riot. Mehta reasoned that some of Trump's actions on January 6 were "plausibly words of incitement not protected by the First Amendment" or by presidential immunity.

During that speech, he urged attendees of the "Save America" rally at the Ellipse to "fight like hell" and march to the Capitol building "to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," words referenced multiple times in Mehta's opinion.
Based on the evidence provided, Mehta said that it is reasonable to assume that when Trump called on his supporters to march the Capitol and "fight like Hell," "he did so with the goal of disrupting lawmakers' efforts to certify the Electoral college votes."

Trump issued a call to action and his supporters responded by breaching the Capitol, the judge said.

Oops.

Seems like strong evidence of conspiracy to commit the act it plans out.
I'd be interested to see the document itself to see what they planned.

I think if there had been more planning and coordination they might have managed to complete such a plan in part or in whole. But then they wouldn't have had the mob confusion as cover.

Back
Top Bottom