• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Write a New 2nd Amendment

It does not need to be rewritten. We need to somehow stop the democrats from trying to restrict and take away our rights. We need new amendment. Anyone trying to restrict or take away any of our rights needs to be deported or shot.

People have to go through drivers ed before they get a car; this is the same idea.

We can all attest to how well that has worked. NOT

Every young driver I see either has a phone to their ear or is trying to text someone.:(

Hell, maybe we'd have better choices then Hilary or Trump if the voters had to prove their competence. :mrgreen:

Just because it can be justified does not make it right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not a shrink, so if you want exact questions I'm afraid I can't help you. You'd have to ask a professional. But, once again, letting people who think the toaster is reporting on them to the CIA have firearms probably isn't the best idea.

You say you have no professional training but make pronouncements on depriving people you fear. Fear is not a professional qualification and you have just given a qualifying question have you not? Would you like to rethink that one and let me add a simple fact. Nobody and NO QUALIFICATION gives anyone the ability to predict what they will do in the future. If this is so good why not simply apply it to every criminal court case? You think that might be seen as unconstitutional?

Training teaches people how to properly handle a firearm safely without accidentally harming themselves or others.

Great so the obvious measure then is accidental deaths and shootings. There are about 500 to 600 per year accidental deaths. How much lower will this training make it?

People have to go through drivers ed before they get a car; this is the same idea.

Describe how many controls a vehicle has which have to be co-ordinated and discuss why this licence is only needed on public roads first.

A firearm has two controls at most. None need coordination. This can be learnt in minutes. Even a child can operate one.

You still want these two measures based on reason and logic?

The right of the citizen to own/possess a firearm shall not be infringed; however, prior to purchasing a firearm, the citizen must undergo no less then fifteen(15) hours of firearms safety and training and have successfully undergone a physiological test to prove that they aren't mentally ill.

All that to exorcise a right. So what training and psychological testing do we need to go through for speech?

Hard to get a license without Drivers Ed, or so I've heard.

I went through drivers Ed anyway:cool:

Do you need a licence to "get" a car? Ownership is not restricted.

I didn't and it was not hard. I also did not need a licence to buy a car.

You say you have no professional training but make pronouncements on depriving people you fear. Fear is not a professional qualification and you have just given a qualifying question have you not? Would you like to rethink that one and let me add a simple fact. Nobody and NO QUALIFICATION gives anyone the ability to predict what they will do in the future. If this is so good why not simply apply it to every criminal court case? You think that might be seen as unconstitutional?

Great so the obvious measure then is accidental deaths and shootings. There are about 500 to 600 per year accidental deaths. How much lower will this training make it?

Describe how many controls a vehicle has which have to be co-ordinated and discuss why this licence is only needed on public roads first.

A firearm has two controls at most. None need coordination. This can be learnt in minutes. Even a child can operate one.

You still want these two measures based on reason and logic?

"Depriving people you fear"

Uh......who exactly do I "fear?"

If somebody is suffered from a psychotic break down, letting that person purchase a firearm is a bad idea. Experience has shown that mentally ill people will routinely use firearms to harm themselves or others.

Cutting down the number of accidental deaths is always good.

And kids have had such a great success record with firearms, haven't they?

All that to exorcise a right. So what training and psychological testing do we need to go through for speech?

When people start killing each other or committing suicide with free speech, let me know.

With every right comes a responsibility, or should.

I'm not a shrink, so if you want exact questions I'm afraid I can't help you. You'd have to ask a professional. But, once again, letting people who think the toaster is reporting on them to the CIA have firearms probably isn't the best idea.

Training teaches people how to properly handle a firearm safely without accidentally harming themselves or others.

Please remind me again which Constitutional amendment guarantees the right to drive a car. I seem to have forgotten.

When people start killing each other or committing suicide with free speech, let me know.

Sure thing...

Cyberbullying Research Summary - http://cyberbullying.org/cyberbullying_and_suicide_research_fact_sheet.pdf
Sticks and Stones: Words DO hurt. - https://deborahking.com/sticks-and-stones-words-do-hurt/

Do I need to keep going or do I need to get into "safe zones" etc?

With every right comes a responsibility, or should.

And that is up to each individual exorcising his/her right. Not for government to do it for us.

Those situations are not free speech committing murder. That is simply a person with low self esteem making an irrational decision. You could just as easily claim the low self esteem causes suicide... Or that depression causes suicide.

Last edited:
I do NOT think its necessary to rewrite it as its fine the way it was originally written.

It guarantees the right to own and carry a firearm, so, I agree.

in Ohio you are required to do that plus 50 hours of driving with a licensed driver to take the test

over 18? as long as you pass the test

That's why I favor originalist justices like Scalia was, and Thomas is. Their guide for determining what a part of the Constitution means is what the available evidence shows most ordinary, reasonable people in this country would have taken it to mean at the time, and what courts in the years following took it to mean.

sadly Scalia was a cowardly originalist who would not overturn unconstitutional laws or bad decisions that "the public had come to rely upon"

in Ohio you are required to do that plus 50 hours of driving with a licensed driver to take the test

over 18? as long as you pass the test

It's around 80 hours here.

Total--- thirty in class, fifty actually behind the wheel

"Depriving people you fear"

Uh......who exactly do I "fear?"

If somebody is suffered from a psychotic break down, letting that person purchase a firearm is a bad idea. Experience has shown that mentally ill people will routinely use firearms to harm themselves or others.

Cutting down the number of accidental deaths is always good.

And kids have had such a great success record with firearms, haven't they?

most do-before I was old enough to legally buy a handgun, I had hunted in Africa where I scored a trophy that was in the world record books, won the US Jr Olympic Skeet title, named to the Collegiate All American team, and earned "Distinguished expert" from the NRA in both shotgun (Skeet and trap), and three position (22) and Air rifle

most do-before I was old enough to legally buy a handgun, I had hunted in Africa where I scored a trophy that was in the world record books, won the US Jr Olympic Skeet title, named to the Collegiate All American team, and earned "Distinguished expert" from the NRA in both shotgun (Skeet and trap), and three position (22) and Air rifle

Nice. What was the trophy?

Of course, you would have had to learn how to properly use a firearm safely in order to win all those competitions......

Nice. What was the trophy?

Of course, you would have had to learn how to properly use a firearm safely in order to win all those competitions......

warthog,

Yes I was, and most kids who handle guns do so responsibly. Very few kids who grow up in homes where the shooting sports are important end up misusing firearms. That is why the gun banner movement is so against kids actually being trained how to use firearms responsibly., Why? because once you go through such training, you realize most of the things gun banners say about guns are bald faced lies. Rather the Bannerrhoid movement wants kids to be terrified of guns and ignorant, that is why they try to pass laws preventing "children" from being able to do any shooting before they become adults-even under adult supervision. They realize that adults who haven't been exposed to firearms are more likely to buy into the crap people like Hillary spew

warthog,

Yes I was, and most kids who handle guns do so responsibly. Very few kids who grow up in homes where the shooting sports are important end up misusing firearms. That is why the gun banner movement is so against kids actually being trained how to use firearms responsibly., Why? because once you go through such training, you realize most of the things gun banners say about guns are bald faced lies. Rather the Bannerrhoid movement wants kids to be terrified of guns and ignorant, that is why they try to pass laws preventing "children" from being able to do any shooting before they become adults-even under adult supervision. They realize that adults who haven't been exposed to firearms are more likely to buy into the crap people like Hillary spew

I learned how to shoot up at Boy Scout Camp with a .22 rifle. I enjoyed it immensely. I got the Rifle Shooting("Rifle") merit badge.

I just think that if people want to have firearms they have a responsibility to themselves and others to learn how to use them properly.

I learned how to shoot up at Boy Scout Camp with a .22 rifle. I enjoyed it immensely. I got the Rifle Shooting("Rifle") merit badge.

I just think that if people want to have firearms they have a responsibility to themselves and others to learn how to use them properly.

I agree, just as you shouldn't vote if you cannot read a ballot: but reading tests in the past were used to allow white hill-jacks who couldn't read-be able to vote while a black with a JD from Cornell or a PhD from MIT was told he flunked the test

Those situations are not free speech committing murder. That is simply a person with low self esteem making an irrational decision. You could just as easily claim the low self esteem causes suicide... Or that depression causes suicide.

They absolutely are. You might want to read before making such a false statement. Then you might want to post evidence to back up your opinion or it means nothing.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bare arms, arm bears, and have bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Sent from my SM-G920K using Tapatalk

I would simply add a third and fourth clause. "This amendment shall apply to federal, state, and local governments. Any attempt to alter the language of this amendment or violate it shall be a criminal offense punishable by immediate removal from office, with criminal penalties of capitol punishment but no less than life in prison".

Back
Top Bottom