• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wrath of Putin

Juin

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

I am watching CNN right now. The camera is on Kiev. This is after a warning of an approaching air raid a short while ago. There is a continuous flashing glow in the skyline suggesting bombs are being unleashed. All I could think of was this must be the wrath of Putin

Bullies don't like being embarrassed in public - and they can't afford to lose face.

Clautzewitz opined war is the pursuit of politics by other means. If that is the case the war so far has not borne political dividends for the Dictator at all. His army has not covered itself in laurels. But worse the score by the media, the world, observers is scoring him very low. So far it is like a generous C-. The danger is that that unleashes the wrath of the Dictator.

Lose face? He's going down.
....the Ukrainians have done better than initially expected for 72 hours - against half of the forces Putin has lined up. I'm pumped for them, and I hope that you are right, but, it would be premature, I think, to say it is "going" to happen.

Clautzewitz opined war is the pursuit of politics by other means. If that is the case the war so far has not borne political dividends for the Dictator at all. His army has not covered itself in laurels. But worse the score by the media, the world, observers is scoring him very low. So far it is like a generous C-. The danger is that that unleashes the wrath of the Dictator.
I think I may have said it yesterday - perhaps the only thing more dangerous than an overconfident Russia is a humiliated, hurt Russia.

I think I may have said it yesterday - perhaps the only thing more dangerous than an overconfident Russia is a humiliated, hurt Russia.
How about one that is chopped up into little pieces?

Waiting for the Russian news to scream fake footage CNN, and Trump to back them up in that at his convention tonight.

Lose face? He's going down.
I'm on the Ukraine side and hope you're right. From what I've seen it looks like the Russian soldiers aren't really up for this take over, they probably have relatives there.

It's not really going good for him. They still haven't been able to take Kiev. Basically he did not expect the Ukrainians to fight back, and is confused when they do.

Back
Top Bottom