• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wow, what a storm.

Travelsonic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Last night as I was slowing down for the evening, prepping to go to sleep, the TV station I was watching gets interrupted with an Emergency Alert System message stating that the national weather service had issued a tornado warning for my area... Southern Westchester county, NY. Looked outside, it was windy, pouring, some ligntning/thunder, but I didn't think too much about it. Turns out a huge cell that had a history of producing golf-ball size hail, damaging winds, and yes, apparently tornados too.

First thing that surprised me was that we actually got the EAS cable interrupt, as we have had a few tornado warnings in recent years, but the EAS had never kicked in, second thing that surprised me was the ferocity of this storm. Yeah sure, the past two summers (longer than that perhaps) we have been placed under a tornado warning at least once, but when I looked at (wunderground.com) - wow. A semi-large blotch of bright pink indicating a very violent storm. Good thing I was 7 miles north... otoh it would have been cool to see from the inside of that violent cell. Feel kinda bad for those in the direct path of the storm who have to clean up from all the down trees, home damage associated with that wind, the hail, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom