• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wow Trump

The reporter blew it! His response to Trump should have been,

"Why won't you let Dr. Fauci speak for himself?"

followed immediately be interjecting,

"Dr. Fauci?"

Put them on the spot, don't back down.

He probably would have called security, 'Get 'Em Outta Here'! Trump is a piece of work, what a jerk.

A conflict of interest is bad enough if it turns out that hydroxychloroquine isn't the miracle drug Trump hopes it will be but if turns out he's a new stockholder that would reek.

This is highly unethical and possibly a violation of the emoluments clause to push policies that a politician would personally profit from via investments, just as insider trading where a political uses privileged knowledge of public policy to buy or sell stocks, bonds or other financial instruments.

My point is that if elections aren't held he 20th amendment comes into play. The entire House and 1/3 of the Senate will have to vacate their offices. Trump and Pence will have to vacate on the 20th. Now the line of succession comes into play. Third in line is the Speaker of the House but she's no longer in office. Forth is the President pro tempore of the Senate. That spot is currently held by Chuck Grassley but 21 Republican Senators vs only 12 Democrats means as of the third of Jan the Democrats will control the Senate and install their own President pro tempore. Say hello to President Schumer.

Not a big deal but I had thought the same thing until recently. Pence is not second in line. Don can't be first in line, he's not in line, period. So the first in line to take over is Pence, that makes Pelosi second in line, etc., etc...

Not a big deal but I had thought the same thing until recently. Pence is not second in line. Don can't be first in line, he's not in line, period. So the first in line to take over is Pence, that makes Pelosi second in line, etc., etc...

Fine. Same outcome.

My point is that if elections aren't held he 20th amendment comes into play. The entire House and 1/3 of the Senate will have to vacate their offices. Trump and Pence will have to vacate on the 20th. Now the line of succession comes into play. Third in line is the Speaker of the House but she's no longer in office. Forth is the President pro tempore of the Senate. That spot is currently held by Chuck Grassley but 21 Republican Senators vs only 12 Democrats means as of the third of Jan the Democrats will control the Senate and install their own President pro tempore. Say hello to President Schumer.

Fine. Same outcome.

I guess I should have commented on your predicted outcome first.

The only reason I can see the 20' election not being held, is due to Don declaring a state of emergency. If not Don, why would the election not be held? And if he did stop the election, I don't believe he would follow any amendment he didn't personally approve of, let alone handing over the presidency to a Democrat...

I guess I should have commented on your predicted outcome first.

The only reason I can see the 20' election not being held, is due to Don declaring a state of emergency.

Trump declaring an emergency wouldn't negate the 20th amendment as far as I know.

If not Don, why would the election not be held? And if he did stop the election, I don't believe he would follow any amendment he didn't personally approve of, let alone handing over the presidency to a Democrat...

I've heard talk from some of my right leaning neighbors and seen some stuff on social media that states they think the elections should be cancelled and allow trump to remain in office for longer.

Personally I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that it's cancelled or postponed.

Trump declaring an emergency wouldn't negate the 20th amendment as far as I know.

I've heard talk from some of my right leaning neighbors and seen some stuff on social media that states they think the elections should be cancelled and allow trump to remain in office for longer.

Personally I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that it's cancelled or postponed.
If Biden's the nominee it won't matter if we have an election or not.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If Biden's the nominee it won't matter if we have an election or not.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Elaborate please.

Tell the truth, you made that up.

Fake News.JPGFake News.JPGFake News.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom