• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wow this is stunning!!!!!! [W:188]

http://www.therightscoop.com/report-clinton-asked-for-more-security-in-benghazi-obama-said-no/

According to Ed Klein yesterday on Wilkow, the legal counsel of Hillary Clinton told him that she had actually ordered more security in Benghazi before the attack, however Obama turned it down.
In fact he also reports that Bill Clinton wants her to release proof of this to protect herself even though it would likely cost Obama the election.

EXAMINER- Last night, it was revealed that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had ordered more security at the U.S. mission in Benghazi before it was attacked where four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens were murdered by Al-Qaeda but President Obama denied the request.

The news broke on TheBlazeTV’s “Wilkow!” hosted by Andrew Wilkow, by best-selling author, Ed Klein who said the legal counsel to Clinton had informed him of this information.

Klein also said that those same sources said that former President Bill Clinton has been “urging” his wife [Hillary] to release official State Department documents that prove she called for additional security at the compound in Libya, which would almost certainly result in President Obama losing the election.

Klein explained that everyone knew what was happening in Benghazi from the CIA to the National Security Agency and that there’s intelligence cables that have not been released.

Wilkow asked, “If everybody knew this including the White House, who would have given the order to go in and save the ambassador?”

Klein, “The President…he should have given the order to use the rapid reaction force…”

Wilkow, “Not Petraeus?”

Klein, “Well it has to come from the president.”

Not only does this reflect very poorly on the Obama administration, but also on the propaganda media that has been trying to protect him every since this happened on the night of 9/11.

This is likely one of the biggest scandals this country has ever seen and it’s been hidden by the Obama administration and the media.

And we hanged Richard Nixon to dry, because of "little old" Watergate???? Dear Lord!!!!! What's happening here????

And Bill Clinton is absolutely correct. If Hillary has this evidence she should release it and hope it costs Obama the election! Of course there are those who are too stupid to know that it should.

From Jennifer Rubin/Washington Post:

The Benghazi fiasco is no longer in the category of “not an issue” for the mainstream media. They have largely given up insisting it is not important whether the president was truthful or whether he faltered in preparing for or responding to a jihadist attack. It matters. It might not matter to voters (hence the lack of interest among the political punditocracy that increasingly is divorced from anything resembling a serious policy issue). But it matters greatly to have an accounting of what our intelligence services did, how our executive branch conducted itself and what lessons can be extracted.

Obama’s legacy: The blunder in Benghazi - Right Turn - The Washington Post

Rubin links to Bing West at NRO, who observes that the White House's third line of defense is diversion whose intent "is to cause the press and the public to lose interest in a story that seems exhaustively repetitive, while the key issues are never addressed...." Cynicism Confirmed - By Bing West - The Corner - National Review Online

Well if a right wing columnist says it it must be true!

People are still talking about this? I must be living on planet "I don't give a f**k". Wait, that's because I don't.

Well if a right wing columnist says it it must be true!

I'm impressed. You read two articles in two minutes and yet managed an insightful post.

People die, especially in the military and especially in Muslim countries. It's tragic, but it's a fact.

That of course is true, However, these 4 American deaths, should not have occured, per the facts we are seeing come out, tho to be fair, we may never know the true answer to that question,
May they R. I. P.
and their families have closure. peace'

Link failure NP. Old reporting NP. All the facts are not in yet on this yet NP.
Redress? How many months of investigation do you believe it will take before president Obama knows what he did or failed to do? Do you think he is waiting in suspense?

Redress? How many months of investigation do you believe it will take before president Obama knows what he did or failed to do? Do you think he is waiting in suspense?

I am sure he knows. And and is feverishly trying to keep anyone else from knowing!

Yep, I'm sure the parents of the slain public servants feel sooooo much better knowing that Fox is trying to turn their loved ones' deaths into a political talking point.

Stop it! You are disgracing yourself.

It is being fully investigated. The GOP started spinning this as a scandal even before the investigation got started good. We have to be patient, an investigation worth it's salt takes time, and Obama vowed to get to the bottom of this. Once the information is ready to be presented, then if Obama did something wrong we call him on it. The right wing puts out these stories that can't be substanciated and in my opinion, that makes it harder to investigate fully.

Heretic, how many months of investigation do you believe it will take before the president discovers what his role was? How long before the president discovers what he and Pansy Panetta did during the attacks?

Again, I will post the link to the request for more support personnel in Benghazi. It came from Jeffrey D. Feltman, the United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs. NOT HILLARY CLINTON OR HER STAFF.

Try reading the facts when they are posted for you. This is the official memo on the whole kit and caboodle. This is the real deal.

http://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/DEI-to-BHO-10-19-2012-attachments.pdf

13 acres. This property is about 8 times larger than mine. I think there was plenty of space to drop a bomb or two.

You could seriously make up anything about Benghazi and the right-wing will believe it. "This guy told me Obama watched via live video the Americans dying and cackled maniacally and shouted things in Arabic!"

Oddly, I managed to oppose Bush in 2004 without ever referencing people being killed.......

Good for you?

However, the fact remains that Commander-in-Chief is the Presidents' most important job. On either side, arguing that one or another is failing to do it well is pretty legitimate in the context of a campaign.

Good for you?

However, the fact remains that Commander-in-Chief is the Presidents' most important job. On either side, arguing that one or another is failing to do it well is pretty legitimate in the context of a campaign.

It's not legitimate when you play up completely unsubstantiated rumors and speak of them as if they are proven fact.

P.S. I heard from a reliable source inside the state department that Mitt Romney ordered the CIA to stand down and leave those Americans to die. He wanted them to die because he knew it might get him more votes.

It was funny/sad, even super storm Sandy hitting the biggest population center in the US could not push Benghazi off the Fox lead story for more then a few seconds, yet Fox is about the only one that even mentions it. Thank goodness it is soooo fair and balanced.

Agree. We owe Fox a debt of gratitude.

Agree. We owe Fox a debt of gratitude.

For reporting on anything and everything that might possibly look bad for the president regardless of whether it had any evidence at all?

Amazing.

Really, what planet are you from?

1) Benghazi was not an embassy; it was a consulate (a satellite installation --- an important distinction, as by definition, it will not have anywhere near the security nor the attention of an embassy);
2) We were not attacked by nation, but likely were attacked by an Al Qaeda cell. Libyan security forces, in fact, rallied to help defend the consulate.

Libyan Salafists Assert Power with Embassy Attacks, Hoping to Catch Public Eye | PBS NewsHour | Sept. 12, 2012 | PBS

Once again, we have a TV network, which thinks of itself as a news organization, trying to fan the flames of the ..........., but trying to make news and turn this into something that it is not. The reality is, in 10 years, this will go along side of the death of the other 8 US Ambassadors in the annals of international incidents that hopefully we learn something from.

Exactly what is being done with it, investigate and find out what happened. Once all the facts are in(and not before), I will judge the events.
Uh, Redress, how many months of investigation do you believe will be required before Obama will know what his role in Obama's Benghazi Massacre?

Navy pride is getting more and more desperate. When is he going to start the birther or Rev Wright threads....LOL

When Fox News stops it's 24 hour Benghazi fabrication stories and replaces them with Rev Wright and Obama's grandma conspired and orchestrated the attack in Benghazi.

For reporting on anything and everything that might possibly look bad for the president regardless of whether it had any evidence at all?

Amazing.

It is completely amazing that the state-run media have so little curiosity. I understand why you don't. After all one cannot blame this on global warming.

I am so eager to vote for Romney first thing tomorrow morning.

The real battle begins tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom