• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wow. The Joint Chiefs issue a statement...

They know how to deal with them... It's not a particularly hard problem to solve..
They would have to do something though, correct?

The ruling class is pulling out all the stops to suppress the voices of dissent.

A movement among conservatives to practice jury nullification would be a great response to their threats.

Ever served? :)
No

But can't they simply act normal during the day and lay on a message board like this at night and be a cult member?

I normally am against this, because it implies the Joint Chiefs should have their own political positions apart from the president and government, but in this case, the president is the criminal, so it's justified. Hopefully it won't happen again, their needing to speak out.

I'm perfectly okay with them affirming the rule of law in a crisis.

Can anyone ever remember when the Joint Chiefs had to issue this kind of statement???

They were defending the Constitution. DC forgot what it looks like.

The ruling class is pulling out all the stops to suppress the voices of dissent.

A movement among conservatives to practice jury nullification would be a great response to their threats.

The only threats are from violent MAGA cultists trying to assassinate political leaders that don't want to illegally overturn the election.

They know how to deal with them... It's not a particularly hard problem to solve..
The first thing they need to do is court martial Gen. Michael Flynn and strip him of every military retirement benefit he is entitle to. That would go a long way in setting these younger active folks straight.

They do not work for the cult of Donald Trump. They work to protect the U.S. Constitution and people of the U.S. The exact opposite of what the Trump cult was doing last Wednesday.

The first thing they need to do is court martial Gen. Michael Flynn and strip him of every military retirement benefit he is entitle to. That would go a long way in setting these younger active folks straight.

They do not work for the cult of Donald Trump. They work to protect the U.S. Constitution and people of the U.S. The exact opposite of what the Trump cult was doing last Wednesday.
i wonder if dictators in other countries are learning lessons from Donald Trump.

Before you start a revolution, make sure the people are on your side.

The FBI has received over 70,000 tips from private citizens about the rioters, revealing names, addresses, and places of work, sometimes even video.

Now the Joint Chiefs have made this statement.

The two or three thousand of you are alone against the 330 million of us.
I saw on tbe news this morning one woman turned in her mom and her uncle...

I normally am against this, because it implies the Joint Chiefs should have their own political positions apart from the president and government, but in this case, the president is the criminal, so it's justified. Hopefully it won't happen again, their needing to speak out.

I don't think they're expressing a political position. I imagine it's mostly the fact of involvement by some military/ex-military members prompting them to emphasize to both the public and those in service that breaking the law in support of a political cause very much isn't what they're all about.

cool. that means that martial law and harebrained nuclear temper tantrums have become a lot less likely.

cool. that means that martial law and harebrained nuclear temper tantrums have become a lot less likely.
i keep saying we should all be celebrating. we survived 3 years and 358 days of a madman as President of the United States.

i keep saying we should all be celebrating. we survived 3 years and 358 days of a madman as President of the United States.

i'm not ready to celebrate yet.

I don't think they're expressing a political position. I imagine it's mostly the fact of involvement by some military/ex-military members prompting them to emphasize to both the public and those in service that breaking the law in support of a political cause very much isn't what they're all about.

It's political, in that it's saying their position on the election. It's like a police officer pulling you over saying 'I have a gun and the right to use deadly force, but I am committed not to kill you wrongly.' Well, good, but you don't really want that to be a topic. Their making the statement implied that it's even a question, and that they are more 'in charge' of our democracy than we want. A common end to democracy is the military deciding to 'restore stability'.

Really, the sad part is, they even HAVE to remind our troops of their oath and obligation. There was plenty ex-military in the Trump Mob causing plenty damage. I am sure there are some in the active ranks as well. It speaks volumes that they felt this letter necessary. Maybe it's time to weed out the Trump insurgents within our ranks as well?
No witch hunts. No guilt by association. Only collusion for sedition should be investigated by those responsible to do so. This is America.

Rush Limbaugh. Sean Hannity. Donald Trump. The men who have brought us to this point.

There are more "Tokyo Rose's" than that. Carlson, Coulter, entire cast of Fox and Friends, etc. I recommend that America tunes in to FAUXNews, Newsmax and OAN every so often for 2 reasons.

1. Get an idea what propaganda is being spoon fed to the gullible Trump Mob and TRY to get an understanding why they are so stupid. (Understanding goes a long way.) And, to be prepared so you will not be duped when the propaganda finds it's way to you. These propaganda outlets will give their viewer's their talking points today for the issues we will discuss here tomorrow. Be prepared.

2. Take note of the businesses sponsoring these divisive propaganda outlets, through their ad-buy's. Then, stop supporting those businesses.

i wonder if dictators in other countries are learning lessons from Donald Trump.

Yes. It hasn't got much coverage, but other dictators are already using the riot to justify their rule. One commentator said they were sure China and Russia are airing the riot constantly.

Back
Top Bottom