• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

wow .. so this is "Liberation" ... the american terrorism

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally Posted by Parmenion:
I am curious to know why Americans address matters generally in the sense of "Left" and "Right", conservative and Liberal. The are far more than two modes of thinking from where I come from.

Where I come from, if I state that I was against the invasion of Iraq that would be considered an opinion. But I could also equally hold the opinion of being against the regime of Saddam without any conflict of interest. On these boards I see many categorising opinions into just two categories of Left and Right without addressing the many or categories of morality, psychology, philosophy, theology, principality etc... None of these fall under the Left/Right categories in my country.

I honestly would like to be educated as to why there appears to be only two modes of thought in most Ameican posts and as to why all issues are considered only with regard to their political or constitutional values or merits.
We Americans watch too much TV to aquire wisdom in many areas. Your point is a very good one. It's not a black and white world. Choices are not always either / or. Your right, many on this board post with a lot of polarization in their message. I myself have been guilty of this many times.

Posts such as yours are very refreshing to see anytime they occur.
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Parmenion said:
I am curious to know why Americans address matters generally in the sense of "Left" and "Right", conservative and Liberal. The are far more than two modes of thinking from where I come from.

Where I come from, if I state that I was against the invasion of Iraq that would be considered an opinion. But I could also equally hold the opinion of being against the regime of Saddam without any conflict of interest. On these boards I see many categorising opinions into just two categories of Left and Right without addressing the many or categories of morality, psychology, philosophy, theology, principality etc... None of these fall under the Left/Right categories in my country.

I honestly would like to be educated as to why there appears to be only two modes of thought in most Ameican posts and as to why all issues are considered only with regard to their political or constitutional values or merits.

It's fairly easy to understand really. Most leftists (especially the far left) are mentally deficient. They have no sense of history and absolutely no patriotism. They are defacto allies of bin Laden and Al Queda. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
 

Parmenion

Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
137
Reaction score
7
Location
Dublin, Ireland
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I didn't ask what Left and Right were. I asked why most American opinions are discussed from those two polar extremes as the only schools of thought when there are so many more categories of thought.

I also asked why most issues on these boards from Americans seem to be considered only with regard to their political and constitutional values and merits. There are more areas of consideration which I would consider to be just as relevant, yet when explored so far on these boards they seem to be shot into these two schools of thought as if not other schools of though actually exist, which is simply absurd.

Of course I am new to these boards so I have to take time in figuring out the idiots from those who actually do have an inclination towards serious deliberation and discussion.
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
26,272
Reaction score
11,631
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
"It's fairly easy to understand really. Most leftists (especially the far left) are mentally deficient. They have no sense of history and absolutely no patriotism. They are defacto allies of bin Laden and Al Queda. That's pretty much it in a nutshell."

Bwahahaha!

Good uppercut.

Americans, generally, refer to the left and to the right, because it is just that. General. Much of it is frustration with how someone expresses his or her opinions. This makes a person impatient to what is being said. For myself, speaking in specifics doesn't do justice to the full story. Specifics are one sided and unfair to the whole unless the specifics represents the majority. Therefore, I refrain from specifics and I tend to stay in the 'general' arena. From my experience, the left (Liberal) loves their specifics and isolations, while the right (Conservative) holds the big picture over the isolated incidents. Many people's individual opinions remain to the one side and calling it leftist or rightest thinking is usually correct. That being said, most people (myself) travel the spectrum and have opinions that lean to both sides.

What you have probably been reading is 'sparring' that goes on between individuals that have talked against one another on other threads. After a few threads, it is very easy to lump someone into a category and to assume and guess correctly that person's stance. Calling someone a Neo-Con or a Dem-Lib is usually a hold over from other threads. After a while, there is a common factor in opinions from one thread to the next and they all usually fit into being a leftist or a rightest. Of course, that can't always be true.
 
Last edited:

Parmenion

Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
137
Reaction score
7
Location
Dublin, Ireland
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Excellent, I very much appreciate your description and the time you put into it.

Thank you for that :cool:
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by Missouri Mule:
It's fairly easy to understand really. Most leftists (especially the far left) are mentally deficient. They have no sense of history and absolutely no patriotism. They are defacto allies of bin Laden and Al Queda. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
Psycologists call this "projection".

ashcroftjihad2dz.jpg


dissentobeymasters3ct.jpg
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Billo_Really said:
Psycologists call this "projection".

Doesn't have anything to do with projection. It has to do with realism. The left is weak. Has always been weak. If we had relied on the left we would still be pledging allegiance to King George. Real Americans don't go weak in the knees when the going get's rough. They stand on their own hind legs and do what has to be done. It's called being a mature adult. Most leftists aren't fully mature human beings. One only has to listen to the rantings of Michael Moore and his disciples to know these people are not really right in the head. And I don't mean conservative either. I mean they live in a dream world; an Alice in Wonderland existence and they latch onto the easy, the charlatans, the propagandists, the people who understand all too well that some people actually can be fooled all of the time.
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by Missouri Mule:
Doesn't have anything to do with projection. It has to do with realism. The left is weak. Has always been weak. If we had relied on the left we would still be pledging allegiance to King George. Real Americans don't go weak in the knees when the going get's rough. They stand on their own hind legs and do what has to be done. It's called being a mature adult. Most leftists aren't fully mature human beings. One only has to listen to the rantings of Michael Moore and his disciples to know these people are not really right in the head. And I don't mean conservative either. I mean they live in a dream world; an Alice in Wonderland existence and they latch onto the easy, the charlatans, the propagandists, the people who understand all too well that some people actually can be fooled all of the time
Ya'll have the same, lame rap. It gets old.
 

nkgupta80

DP Veteran
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
1,720
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Doesn't have anything to do with projection. It has to do with realism

Maybe the hippies of the left do live in a dream world...but I know that some of the war on terror junk that cons spew out is pretty unrealistic too... I mean seriously, you're not gonna stop extremist groups, whose main problem with the US is our hypocritical policies in the mid-east, by going into the region and exercising even more of these policies.
BTW Wouldn't it **** you off if China had a few military bases in our country? It would **** me off...and I'm sure the US military bases in Saudi Arabia anger a lotta Saudi Arabians as well.
 

nkgupta80

DP Veteran
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
1,720
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
dang pissss is censored too
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Billo_Really said:
Ya'll have the same, lame rap. It gets old.

The truth never gets old. It should be told again and again. The left are essentially composed of cowards and many on the far left are certainly guilty of treason many times over.

You can be sure that if we had a draft the left would be hightailing it out of town to Canada or other places of refuge. Then they would begin their same old bellyaching. Same as always. It's the "same, lame rap." It also happens to be true.
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
nkgupta80 said:
Maybe the hippies of the left do live in a dream world...but I know that some of the war on terror junk that cons spew out is pretty unrealistic too... I mean seriously, you're not gonna stop extremist groups, whose main problem with the US is our hypocritical policies in the mid-east, by going into the region and exercising even more of these policies.
BTW Wouldn't it **** you off if China had a few military bases in our country? It would **** me off...and I'm sure the US military bases in Saudi Arabia anger a lotta Saudi Arabians as well.

Do we have military bases in Saudi Arabia at the current time? It was my understanding they had been closed out some time ago. We have diplomatic missions there but I'm unaware of any military bases. I could be mistaken. Can you bring us up to date on the actual facts?
 

nkgupta80

DP Veteran
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
1,720
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Do we have military bases in Saudi Arabia at the current time? It was my understanding they had been closed out some time ago. We have diplomatic missions there but I'm unaware of any military bases. I could be mistaken. Can you bring us up to date on the actual facts?

of course, they moved outlike two years ago. However When did osama bin laden, and this terrorist rise begin...a looot earlier when US military bases were in Saudi Arabia. I'm trying to point out that there are greater motives for the terrorists than blind religious fundementalism. You can undersatnd that a lot of Saudi Arabians would have hated this presence with a passion right? We've intervened a lot over there the last 70 years and the war in Iraq doesn't look like any change in the policies, esp when we continue to support other equally hateful mid-east countries.
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
nkgupta80 said:
of course, they moved outlike two years ago. However When did osama bin laden, and this terrorist rise begin...a looot earlier when US military bases were in Saudi Arabia. I'm trying to point out that there are greater motives for the terrorists than blind religious fundementalism. You can undersatnd that a lot of Saudi Arabians would have hated this presence with a passion right? We've intervened a lot over there the last 70 years and the war in Iraq doesn't look like any change in the policies, esp when we continue to support other equally hateful mid-east countries.

I'm just curious. Did you see the 9/11 story tonight on the National Geographic channel, Dish 186 channel? It repeats two more times tonight and again tomorrow and then the second installment begins at 9 PM EDT. I highly recommend it. This has far more to do with any of our bases being in Saudi Arabia.

This is much more of a complicated subject than meets the eye.
 

nkgupta80

DP Veteran
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
1,720
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
This has far more to do with any of our bases being in Saudi Arabia.

of course it is a lot more complicated. Many many factors arise...But hate for america isn' t seeded purely by Extremist Islam right? I mean any person before being brainwashed by extremism would want reasons for why the US is bad. And a lot of those reasons fed to them may be exaggerated but are not necessarily blind lies.

BTW could you tell me what was the main point of the 9/11 documnetary you are talkin about?
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Perhaps hate for America is justified and we should let them do whatever they want. I respect Islamic culture as much as the next guy but I don't respect it so much that I will sacrifice myself in its preservation.
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
nkgupta80 said:
of course it is a lot more complicated. Many many factors arise...But hate for america isn' t seeded purely by Extremist Islam right? I mean any person before being brainwashed by extremism would want reasons for why the US is bad. And a lot of those reasons fed to them may be exaggerated but are not necessarily blind lies.

BTW could you tell me what was the main point of the 9/11 documnetary you are talkin about?

Certainly. Radical Islam.
 

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Not left and right, right and wrong! To whoever posted this b.s. propaganda I hope they take their own advice and go to Iraq to fight the marines so he/she can get a head full of American lead too. You pan-Islamic fascist scumbags started this war and the devil dogs are gonna finish it. AMERICAN EMPIRE!? So be it, get with the program, the mid east is changing, change with it or be rolled over by an M-1 either way you're going to loose. We've taken on the British empire at the height of it's power and won do you really think any backwards savages living in the middle ages can defeat us? Do you really think they stand a chance against a p****d off American public determined together in their fight against terrorism? We took the best the nazi war machine and the empire of the rising sun could throw at us with a smile, we sent the nazis back realing with a bloody nose in Normandy and we set the sun on the Japanese empire, what chance do you think a rag tag guirella force with outdated weapons and equipment from the 1980's can do to us that will break our will! We took the Iraqi capitol of Baghdad in a week, if we wanted to take out Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Syria tomorrow, do you really think they could stop us? There will be no peace, no negotiation, no mutual understanding and no appeasment, you have two choices: surrender or die!
 

sargasm

Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Not left and right, right and wrong! To whoever posted this b.s. propaganda I hope they take their own advice and go to Iraq to fight the marines so he/she can get a head full of American lead too. You pan-Islamic fascist scumbags started this war and the devil dogs are gonna finish it. AMERICAN EMPIRE!? So be it, get with the program, the mid east is changing, change with it or be rolled over by an M-1 either way you're going to loose. We've taken on the British empire at the height of it's power and won do you really think any backwards savages living in the middle ages can defeat us? Do you really think they stand a chance against a p****d off American public determined together in their fight against terrorism? We took the best the nazi war machine and the empire of the rising sun could throw at us with a smile, we sent the nazis back realing with a bloody nose in Normandy and we set the sun on the Japanese empire, what chance do you think a rag tag guirella force with outdated weapons and equipment from the 1980's can do to us that will break our will! We took the Iraqi capitol of Baghdad in a week, if we wanted to take out Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Syria tomorrow, do you really think they could stop us? There will be no peace, no negotiation, no mutual understanding and no appeasment, you have two choices: surrender or die!

You have alot to learn about life white boy.
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
sargasm said:
You have alot to learn about life white boy.

We can do without the racist nonsense. But beyond that, his basic argument is that only our civilized conduct is what prevents the entire middle east from being turned into a radioactive parking lot. I'm not espousing that solution, but the facts as he presented are essentially correct, although I would have worded it differently. If we wanted the oil and were truly an imperial power like Nazi Germany we could simply issue an ultimatum and force our demands. This is exactly what the Japanese did to China and other neighbors preceding WWII. We are not like that and for that reason bin Laden and his gangsters have thus far gotten away with their barbaric and murderous conduct. Let a nuclear blast level NYC and all bets are off. You don't think those nuclear missiles we have are going to stay parked in their silos, do you?
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Missouri Mule said:
We can do without the racist nonsense. But beyond that, his basic argument is that only our civilized conduct is what prevents the entire middle east from being turned into a radioactive parking lot. I'm not espousing that solution, but the facts as he presented are essentially correct, although I would have worded it differently. If we wanted the oil and were truly an imperial power like Nazi Germany we could simply issue an ultimatum and force our demands. This is exactly what the Japanese did to China and other neighbors preceding WWII. We are not like that and for that reason bin Laden and his gangsters have thus far gotten away with their barbaric and murderous conduct. Let a nuclear blast level NYC and all bets are off. You don't think those nuclear missiles we have are going to stay parked in their silos, do you?


Back atchya!...From an earlier post of mine on another thread...

cnredd said:
We are handcuffed by the international community that attempts to place "political correctness" into a military action. For thousands of years, the biggest rule of war was "win"...For the last 40 years it's been "win...but only under certain conditions."

You and I both know that if we wanted to, the US could turn Iraq into parking lot in about 20 minutes....Why hasn't this happened?....Because we're
NOT ALLOWED. "It would be wrong!" cries the apologists and appeasers.

So we can't conduct the war the way a true war should be conducted....quickly as possible with as much damage inflicted to obtain a submission. We ticky-tack and nit-pick the smaller items and start to drift away from the bigger picture.

If I may add....We JUST HAPPEN to be going up against an enemy that has one rule..."no rules"...but everytime we move a muscle someone thinks they're the ref and throws a penalty flag...
 
Last edited:

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Anyone who talks seriously about nuking a country, or professing that an entire race of people (or their religion) is inherently bad, is not coming from a place of mental health.
 

AliG

Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Billo_Really said:
Anyone who talks seriously about nuking a country, or professing that an entire race of people (or their religion) is inherently bad, is not coming from a place of mental health.

x2

Im sorry but 'terrorism' is used by everyone, 'liberation' is a loose word that is usually bullshit...
I beg anyone to look at Haiti , Nicuraga, Indonesia for American state sponsered terrorism...
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by AliG:
Im sorry but 'terrorism' is used by everyone, 'liberation' is a loose word that is usually bullshit...
I beg anyone to look at Haiti , Nicuraga, Indonesia for American state sponsered terrorism...
I agree with what your saying. Although I don't see what it has to do with what I said. But I do believe the US does its share of terrorism under the guise of liberation.
 

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
First off my statement was not rascist you brain washed politically correct libs! Second off I must admit that it was a statement written in anger and for that I apologize but it was in response to about the second or third post on this thread, read that and you'll know why I was so f*****n p****d! Actually I'll get it and quote it underneath!
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom