• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

wow .. so this is "Liberation" ... the american terrorism

tiktok said:
teacher said:
Ouch! Shucks Teach... not seein' the big pic... who me??? LOL matey boy. I just need to know cozza work (read b4 ya post teach). I'm expecting an F sommat to be launched any day now...

So ya reckon the Israeli pilots will be able to get passed the new Russian anti-aircraft missiles on the way?

Will make great TV if they get shot down trying to take out Iranian plants.

Scuze me from your sermon teach, just gettin' some popcorn mate.

I'm sure the Russians have some quality arms, as usual. Just ask Saddam. What's the deal laughing boy, did you not see the Gulf war 1&2?

I?, teacher of the massive brain, read before I post? Check the "loan the Jews a F-117 Nighthawk for the job" part there tiktok. So these new Russian missiles, their radar guiding technology (or are they heat seeking?) let them see stealth? How about we loan the Jews a F-22? Even better eh? You're showing how much you don't know tiktok. I'll school you again if you like. And besides, a cruise missile would do the job just fine. My point being is there is no friggin way on earth we will ever let the Islamic fanatics have the means to enrich Uranium. That's just plain stupid. You're little country is on their list too laughing boy in case you haven't noticed. Whos side you on any way? You said something to me a week ago about wanting some qualified debate. You're lacking so far sport. And check your "ass" thread.

Originally posted by teacher:
Some questions for you Billo. You know that Islamic fanatics bombed the WTC BEFORE we invaded Iraq. So don't use the Gulf war as an excuse. As stated by Osama and many like him we will be targeted by terrorists no matter what we do. Oh, excuse me. If we withdraw support from Israel and ALL of us convert to Islam then things will be ok. The last go around was planes into buildings. Sooner or late these folks will get nukes.

1.Do you think they won't nuke Israel or NYC given the opportunity?

I understand your rants about the American public being misled about the stated reasons for invading Iraq. The reasons stated I feel are not the true reasons. Valid reasons but not the main reason. Like Gunny and I and others have stated often on this forum. This war is about spreading Democracy in a violent region. It's about changing the hearts and minds of these people. You do that by giving them freedom and access to ALL news and information. By freeing their women. I also understand your "I hate Bush the liar" mantra. Your a lib. It's your job. Loyal opposition and all that crap. But Billo, what would you propose we do about the INEVITABLE mushroom cloud that will one day grace our shores if nothing is done about this Islamic fanatic problem. You libs are losing elections because you naysay and put down what the other party is doing but you never offer a plan of your own. Don't go saying the "diplomatic" BS or "inspection" BS. Been there done that. The UN has been proven ineffective at the least and for sure corrupt. This is your big chance to be the guy on the left to give us something besides "Bush lied". Step up to the plate and take a swing at the big pitch Billo. Do what all your liberal brethren can't. Give us another plan.
You want a plan of action. A plan to make our shores more secure. Although you can't solve complex problems with simple solutions, I'll take a shot at it.

The Plan:

• End US aggression on foriegn soils. By taking away the reasons for their anger, you take away some of the reasons to attack.
  • Offer economic incentives for being democratic, instead of trying to force it at the end of a gun.
  • Withdraw troops from Saudi soil and any where else in the Middle East.
  • Stop giving a blank check to Isreal to commit terror on the Palistinians.
  • Stop the Republican Party from letting the neo's run the show. Bush won by only 2.5% of the vote. The country is not blue or red. Its purple.
  • Stop looking at the issues in terms of party affiliations and start viewing them as united Americans. How about the American Voter party. Which has people from all parties as its members.
  • Make it a Constitutional Ammendment outlawing American Imperialism and expansion around the world without the approvel of the UN.
  • Stop putting ourselves above and beyond reproach of UN resolutions and charters. Part of the problem with the UN is our unwillingness to follow the rules we agreed to by joining.
  • End our dependency on petroleum products by focusing our technology away from the war machine. The only thing more massive than your brain is our defense budget.
  • Make it a law that all campaign contributions will be made without disclosure of the donor. All donations go into one account all the candidates draw from. There percentage of withdrawls is directly proportional to the registered voters in their district. This may end the corporate lock of influence on our elected officials.
  • Impeach George Bush or any other President that does not obey the laws of our land. And yes, that includes Clinton as well.
  • Abolish the Patriot Act and the war on American civil liberties. We can't solve problems by censoring our citizens. That compromises democracy.
  • Democratic Party needs to stop cowering in the face of neo-Republican bullshit and make its position on the issues clear and not vauge. Because after all, there is only one Vauge. I'm sorry, that was a little cheesy, wasn't it? I couldn't resist. This list is getting a little long and I'm hungry.
  • If we do get attacked again, we kick the $hit out of whomever did it. And keep kicking the $hit out of people that attack us until they stop. Sooner or later, they will realize they can't kick our ass, or they will get tired of getting the $hit kicked out of them. The key is, we are actually attacked. Which allows us to respond in kind. Iraq did not attack us.
  • Finally, for everyone to stop lying to themselves. If we can't do this, nothing else will be solved. This is the most important. This is the first step to take.

Last edited:
Billo_Really said:
You want a plan of action. A plan to make our shores more secure. Although you can't solve complex problems with simple solutions, I'll take a shot at it.

Way to go Billo. You know you've said more than the Democratic party has in the last 5 years? Many good points there. I, teacher, of the massive brain, am also hungry. Will chew on my lunch and these points for a while.

A lot of good points that have universally already been stated and a lot of appeasement that, according to their history, will only be taken advantage of.

None of this addressed the real problem. Fundamental Islam has been determined to be at war with us for decades. Iraq was not innocent. This is a war against a region..not just a country. Long before Iraq and long before Afghanistan have we been attacked by the Middle Eastern Arab's religious fanatic that has chosen to murder because some troops are stationed in Saudi Arabia at the request of the Saudi Arabian government. Well before our attack into Iraq, were we targetted by Islamic criminals and murderers that hate us because we have allied ourselves with Israel that has been fighting for it's survival against Muslims ever since their admission to the UN. This is nothing new - we have just been blind. Now they run entire governments and militaries and are seeking atomic power. After our withdraw from Iraq, many of your points may come to surface. 9/11 was a wake up call to every American, whether they chose to wake up or not, and maybe Afghanistan and Iraq was a wake up call to Middle Eastern Muslims to take control of what they have been becoming by their digression into their religion.

As long as we stand in front of our allies, whether it be the cowardly French, the faithful Brits, or the strong Israelis, we will be the target of Muslim terrorism. No appeasement or money buy offs will change it. It's as simple as them just growing the hell up and taking charge of their own lives and placing blame where it belongs...their own governments and their own sabatoged religion.

Last edited:
Originally posted by GySgt:
A lot of good points that have universally already been stated and a lot of appeasement that, according to their history, will only be taken advantage of.

None of this addressed the real problem. Fundamental Islam has been determined to be at war with us for decades. Iraq was not innocent. This is a war against a region..not just a country. Long before Iraq and long before Afghanistan have we been attacked by the Middle Eastern Arab's religious fanatic that has chosen to murder because some troops are stationed in Saudi Arabia at the request of the Saudi Arabian government. Well before our attack into Iraq, were we targetted by Islamic criminals and murderers that hate us because we have allied ourselves with Israel that has been fighting for it's survival against Muslims ever since their admission to the UN. This is nothing new - we have just been blind. Now they run entire governments and militaries and are seeking atomic power. After our withdraw from Iraq, many of your points may come to surface. 9/11 was a wake up call to every American, whether they chose to wake up or not, and maybe Afghanistan and Iraq was a wake up call to Middle Eastern Muslims to take control of what they have been becoming by their digression into their religion.

As long as we stand in front of our allies, whether it be the cowardly French, the faithful Brits, or the strong Israelis, we will be the target of Muslim terrorism. No appeasement or money buy offs will change it. It's as simple as them just growing the hell up and taking charge of their own lives and placing blame where it belongs...their own governments and their own sabatoged religion.
Do you personally know any muslims?

I personally know two civilians (nice couple with a bratty kid) and I know a fellow Muslim Marine that I haven't seen in some time because of duty station. I have had plenty of conversations with them in the region (Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Jordan, Somalia, Kenya, Sudan, and Egypt.

The Muslims I know in the States have a different opinion, but understand what is going on with their religion in the Middle East.

The Muslims in Africa, depending on where they are, all have different opinions on everything.

The Muslims in the Middle East, depending on who you talk to, do not want us in Iraq, do want us in Iraq, or want American bases in Iraq. I'm referring to the difference between Sunni Arabs, Shi'ites, and Kurds. If we were to cater to the people that want us, we **** off the enemy. If we were to appease our enemies, we would forsake our friends. They all have different opinions on oil and who it belongs to. They all have different opinions on their leaderships and they all have different versions of Islam they practice. The more fundamental they are...the more violent they are. The more true to Islam they are, the more of a victim they allow themselves to be to the others. From one country to the next, they are oppressed in some way, but just like the Iraqis, they know nothing else and believe whole heartedly what their religious leaders tell them. For every rent-a-cleric the Sauds push in front of a microphone, there is another cleric in another Muslim country ready to lead people in a carnage against inferior Muslims or "infidels." It doesn't matter what that Mullah say's....he speaks for "Allah". With regards to Israel, the sentiment is more common...they hate them for "religious" reasons and they don't like that we stand by them. For this reason alone, I would think America's liberals would be quick to point out the fanaticism of these people and the murder they are causing because of it.

Look, I don't profess to know it all, but I do know the problem is waaaaaay deeper than President Bush's door step. This is a clash between civilizations that they have been drawing us into for decades.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
Look, I don't profess to know it all, but I do know the problem is waaaaaay deeper than President Bush's door step. This is a clash between civilizations that they have been drawing us into for decades.

Nicely put. Bush just decided to finally take them up on their offer, and get it through their thick skulls that tantrums don't work.

I personally know two civilians (nice couple with a bratty kid) and I know a fellow Muslim Marine that I haven't seen in some time because of duty station. I have had plenty of conversations with them in the region (Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Jordan, Somalia, Kenya, Sudan, and Egypt.

The Muslims I know in the States have a different opinion, but understand what is going on with their religion in the Middle East.

The Muslims in Africa, depending on where they are, all have different opinions on everything.

The Muslims in the Middle East, depending on who you talk to, do not want us in Iraq, do want us in Iraq, or want American bases in Iraq. I'm referring to the difference between Sunni Arabs, Shi'ites, and Kurds. If we were to cater to the people that want us, we **** off the enemy. If we were to appease our enemies, we would forsake our friends. They all have different opinions on oil and who it belongs to. They all have different opinions on their leaderships and they all have different versions of Islam they practice. The more fundamental they are...the more violent they are. The more true to Islam they are, the more of a victim they allow themselves to be to the others. From one country to the next, they are oppressed in some way, but just like the Iraqis, they know nothing else and believe whole heartedly what their religious leaders tell them. For every rent-a-cleric the Sauds push in front of a microphone, there is another cleric in another Muslim country ready to lead people in a carnage against inferior Muslims or "infidels." It doesn't matter what that Mullah say's....he speaks for "Allah". With regards to Israel, the sentiment is more common...they hate them for "religious" reasons and they don't like that we stand by them. For this reason alone, I would think America's liberals would be quick to point out the fanaticism of these people and the murder they are causing because of it.

I see your point. Although I don't believe in generalizing, there is truth to what you are saying.

"I see your point. Although I don't believe in generalizing, there is truth to what you are saying."

There usually is. Specifics in these matters does not get to the heart of the matter. Specifics in some topics only serve to bog a person down to what is not the issue....ie. Bush. While, of course, there are relational issues between the current President and the Middle East, they are two seperate issues, because our problems with the Middle East can be traced back to at least President Carter's administration. While I tend to focus on the generalizations of the wide spread Middle East Arab problem, the Middle East Mullah wants the world to focus on specifics like....America killed some civilians in Iraq....America killed some civilians in Afghanistan....America flushed a Koran....America humiliated some prisoners at Abu-Ghraib....etc. There's a military maxim that applies to all the nonsense regarding any action: Don't let the entire battalion get bogged down by a sniper. This is what focusing on the specifics or isolated incidents does.

This is why I generalize. The problems with Bush can be specific. The problems with the Middle East is very much and wide spread general from Arab Africa through the Middle East to the outskirts of Asia. These are not a bunch of rogues from one country committing crimes against America that involves knocking over liquor stores. They are crashing airplanes into buildings, bombing U.S. Naval ships, Bombing military barracks, Disrupting peace missions in other countries, bombing American embassies, taking American hostages, and kidnapping and executing people of all nationalities. These fanatics range from Egypt, Syria, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. They are being raised and taught to hate America. It is racism and bigotry in it's most violent form and it is very general - and it is no longer exceptable.

They hate us for reasons I have exhaustivey already written. They need to hate us and to blame us.

Last edited:
Both points raised by Bill O'Really and GySt are valid, and infact are not mutually exclusive.

Firstly we need to recognise, that these Islamic terrorists are bigots. How else could you rationalise killing innocent people, unless you see that person as something less than human?

But I also agree with Bill O'Really that America needs to change its foreign policy, as it feeds into the hands of Osama. I can just see that smarmy ba@&ard Osama smirking after the invasion of Iraq, because now he gets to tell the rest of the Muslim world, "didn't I tell you that this is what the crusaders do?" My point is that America's actions feed into the hands of the terrorists. This allows the terrorists to gather greater support for their cause.

Now if we accept that the M.E is completely f#&ked up because the Arab world does have a big (racist inferiority complex) chip on its shoulder, then we need to realise that cutting and pasting Western democracy into an Arab country is not the way. The softly softly approach is far better, because that way you don't play into the Islamofacists hands'.

Originally posted by Australianlibertarian:
But I also agree with Bill O'Really that America needs to change its foreign policy, as it feeds into the hands of Osama. I can just see that smarmy ba@&ard Osama smirking after the invasion of Iraq, because now he gets to tell the rest of the Muslim world, "didn't I tell you that this is what the crusaders do?" My point is that America's actions feed into the hands of the terrorists. This allows the terrorists to gather greater support for their cause.

Now if we accept that the M.E is completely f#&ked up because the Arab world does have a big (racist inferiority complex) chip on its shoulder, then we need to realise that cutting and pasting Western democracy into an Arab country is not the way. The softly softly approach is far better, because that way you don't play into the Islamofacists hands'.
I agree with GySgt on the following:

"...These are not a bunch of rogues from one country committing crimes against America that involves knocking over liquor stores. They are crashing airplanes into buildings, bombing U.S. Naval ships, Bombing military barracks, Disrupting peace missions in other countries, bombing American embassies, taking American hostages, and kidnapping and executing people of all nationalities. These fanatics range from Egypt, Syria, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan."
I think we differ on the level of responsibility (or role) the US plays in the forces driving this hatred. When I look at the concerted effort of terror he stated, I can't imagine this kind of organization being taken lightly. And I don't think someone gets involved in this sick, psycotic behaviour, unless they have a real "hate-on" about something. That level of hatred has some real world issues driving it that need to be looked at. Not in the sense of a psycologist giving therapy, but as a no bullshit view of the causal factors.

I don't think the US is a great satan. I don't think we wear halo's either. I don't want our troops killed. I don't want innocent Iraqi's killed. I would like to see people convicted of terrorism have the book thrown at them. But only after receiving due process of law. Until they go thru a trial, we do not know if they are or they aren't.

Maybe if the US would throttle back some of our imperialism and quest for empire, take a more cooperative approach without sacrificing our national security(with all the nukes we have I don't see how that would be possible) with the countries we has issues with, and stop giving Isreal a blank check to do whatever it wants without being held accountable by the UN (although I do applaud them for leaving Gaza), we might begin to stop the insanity.

One thing is for sure, we are not going to stop anything by annexing the Iraqi economy the way we are in the following link, which might be the real reason we are in Iraq:

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/081505M.shtml

If we were really there for democracy, we would give control of their economy back to their government and allow Iraqi's to rebuild their country instead of foreign contractors at US taxpayers expense. We have not done that yet. If we did, they might get more than 8 hours of electricity a day. Which is what they have now.

Last edited:
Hatred taught to the young seems a lingering cancer of the human condition. And the accusations leveled against us by terrified, embittered men fall upon the ears of those anxious for someone to blame for the ruin of their societies, for the local extermination of opportunities, and for the poverty guaranteed by the brute corruption of their compatriots and the selfish choices of their own leaders to remain in power. America's blame, of which there is undeniably some, can only go so far for what, ultimately, the Middle East has done to themselves. A lot of our blame is tat we sat back and ignored every sign of what was going on. Oil has blinded us. Oil has blinded the whole world, yet it is something only America is blamed for. Europe, as always, gets a pass because they are usually first to point the finger.

Giving control back to their government is in the plan, but until they are ready to take control, someone has to run as stewardship. They are just finishing their constitution. Give it time. It is all on their time table. I wish they would take over today, but they aren't ready. Keeping them from being slothful and moving forward is our biggest reasons for not putting more American troops in the Al-Anbar Province.

I couldn't help it. I write commentaries as a side interest and an outlet, so it is a natural impulse for me. Here is some more ranting on the subject of putting some blame where it properly should be in light of the title thread.........

Religion and all of it’s civilizations have had a hand in everything, but for some reason, our liberal masses only find enough energy to blame Christians and America. Ronald Segal, in "Islam's Black Slaves", estimates the total number of African slaves shipped to the Muslim world at 11.5M-14M. The total number of deaths due to the "Crusades" had been estimated at around nine million, at least half of which were Christians. They weren't all Muslims and many of these were simply innocent civilians, on either side, caught in the carnage. The "religious" wars of France and the rest of Europe killed millions in their own territories. History is history....What is going on today!?! Fundamental Islam is what is behind the deaths in Rwanda, Sudan, Somalia, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, and the clash between different sects in plenty of other Muslim states.

Muslims have killed millions and far more than any religion. The fundamental Islamist movement have long replaced the Nazi movement as the scourge of humanity. It's all documented history. The wars in Africa, mainly Sudan, Rwanda, Somalia, have been violence from Muslim on Muslim. Christian on Muslim violence is almost non existence in the last couple centuries compared to this. The Islamic fundamental movement have killed 2 million black Christians in Sudan alone over just a decade as our liberal masses claim to care about all victims of terror. A holocaust has occurred and it didn't receive any attention. If this would have been Christians massacering Muslims…the liberal masses would have been explosive on the attrocities. But let's talk about Muslim on Muslim...

Sudan...2 million 700 thousand between the war lords all claiming "devine" blessings over "lesser" Muslims.
Iraq......300,000 Kurds
Iran......10,000 Kurds
Somalia.....400,000 between the war lords all seeking power over any "devine" blessing.
Zaire.....250,000 ethnic cleansings of "lesser" Muslims.

That's 3 million 650 thousand Muslims murdered by Muslims in only a 40 year period. They have been slaughtering themselves for far longer than that and in plenty of other countries that I did not mention. I guess tragedy only applies after America accidentally kills a Muslim civilian or a terrorist. Islamic terrorism is the violence of extreme desperation, symptomatic of the startling failure of Middle Eastern Islamic culture to compete with the West on a single productive front. Their failure is not our fault, but it is certainly our problem.

All religions have had their troubled times. This fact is not a reason to roll over to the current problem. Condemn the Christians.....understand the Muslims...right? The fear of hypocricy should not make a person impotent to act before it is too late. In today's religious chaos, airplanes and nuclear bombs are the threat.

Here is a quote from Zarqawi......."Killing Muslims who are serving as human shields (for the Americans) is allowed by the sharia," he said, backing his arguments with statements from several Muslim clergymen. - This was in regard to the car bombings of civilians. This is not merely fighting for a religion. This is the statement of a phsycotic. They lie and do everything possible to make the rest of the Muslim world believe that we do what they do. We have never seen this kind of zealot in any religion. The numbers aren't very high when considering Christian on Christian violence. This is a perversion.

Most of our die hard leftist community’s "views" and "opinions" do not reflect what is going on in this world. Maybe they are just comfortable in their rose tinted goggles where America and it's Christians are to blame for all that is wrong.

Last edited:
tiktok said:
teacher said:
Ouch! Shucks Teach... not seein' the big pic... who me??? LOL matey boy. I just need to know cozza work (read b4 ya post teach). I'm expecting an F sommat to be launched any day now...

So ya reckon the Israeli pilots will be able to get passed the new Russian anti-aircraft missiles on the way?

Will make great TV if they get shot down trying to take out Iranian plants.

Scuze me from your sermon teach, just gettin' some popcorn mate.

Aw shucks laughing boy, seems like you got no comeback to logic coupled with smack. I took a little hiatus, where be you, and your much self vaunted points?

Set em up....knock em down......tiktok, times a wasting! And so are your points..........er, I mean weak insults!

GySgt said:

It is indeed a war of civilizations. I just wish that Bush had done what I suggested from the gitgo. He should have asked for a formal Declaration of War from the U.S. Congress in conformity with our Constitution. Let the gutless Congress share in the blame as well as the glory. Right now all the crap is dumped on his head and the far left just piles on as they are wont to do. The ironic thing is they would the among the first to have their heads sawed off by these Islamic fanatics. Of course with Michael Moore, it would take an especially long saw -- probably a two man affair. There is precedence for this. When the French had their revolution the guillotine would not slice cleanly through the king's big and fat neck (King Louis XVI.) The executioner had to jump up and down on the top of the knife frame to finish the job. About as bad as what the Islamic gangsters have done to their hostages. Sawing off their heads with a dull knife. How evil and depraved is that?

Originally Posted by Missouri Mule:
It is indeed a war of civilizations. I just wish that Bush had done what I suggested from the gitgo. He should have asked for a formal Declaration of War from the U.S. Congress in conformity with our Constitution. Let the gutless Congress share in the blame as well as the glory. Right now all the crap is dumped on his head and the far left just piles on as they are wont to do. The ironic thing is they would the among the first to have their heads sawed off by these Islamic fanatics. Of course with Michael Moore, it would take an especially long saw -- probably a two man affair. There is precedence for this. When the French had their revolution the guillotine would not slice cleanly through the king's big and fat neck (King Louis XVI.) The executioner had to jump up and down on the top of the knife frame to finish the job. About as bad as what the Islamic gangsters have done to their hostages. Sawing off their heads with a dull knife. How evil and depraved is that?
About as depraved as dropping a 500 pounder on the only functioning hospital in Fallujia.

Billo_Really said:
About as depraved as dropping a 500 pounder on the only functioning hospital in Fallujia.

Bin Laden just loves folks like you. You should have the decency to remove yourself to somewhere else like North Korea where you would feel more at home with your kind.

"About as depraved as dropping a 500 pounder on the only functioning hospital in Fallujia."

As always.....just the selected parts of the story. No mention on what Fallujah was, or the many hospitals that the Military had, or the battle that shaped the events.

GySgt said:
"About as depraved as dropping a 500 pounder on the only functioning hospital in Fallujia."

As always.....just the selected parts of the story. No mention on what Fallujah was, or the many hospitals that the Military had, or the battle that shaped the events.

Part and parcel of the partisan media we have... "If it bleeds, it leads".:doh

Bin Laden just loves folks like you.
This statement belongs under your pillow waiting for the tooth fairy.
You should have the decency to remove yourself to somewhere else like North Korea where you would feel more at home with your kind
I'm not going anywhere! The only choice you have is to learn how to deal with me. Just as I am learning how to deal with the indecently bad Americans that spew out anti-American values in defense of this President and his assault on American civil liberties. Why don't you go since it is apparant you do not value our Consititution.

"Why don't you go since it is apparant you do not value our Consititution."

The Constitution is only as good as the people that protect it....not the people it protects...and not the people that use it to pervert their freedoms.

Conservatism is not necessarily democratic. Islamist conservatism is often rigorously hostile to western liberal democracy. Many western conservatives distrust it also, and fear the tyranny of the majority. Western conservatives also staunchly opposed the ‘peoples democracies’ of eastern Europe during the Cold War, but that can be seen as a dispute on their democratic character. Many western conservatives now oppose the Islamic regime in Iran as undemocratic, but it is also clearly conservative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism

Would that be to the left? Or to the right?

I am curious to know why Americans address matters generally in the sense of "Left" and "Right", conservative and Liberal. The are far more than two modes of thinking from where I come from.

Where I come from, if I state that I was against the invasion of Iraq that would be considered an opinion. But I could also equally hold the opinion of being against the regime of Saddam without any conflict of interest. On these boards I see many categorising opinions into just two categories of Left and Right without addressing the many or categories of morality, psychology, philosophy, theology, principality etc... None of these fall under the Left/Right categories in my country.

I honestly would like to be educated as to why there appears to be only two modes of thought in most Ameican posts and as to why all issues are considered only with regard to their political or constitutional values or merits.

Back
Top Bottom