• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WoW Mods

rivrrat

Goddess of Bacon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Okay all you WoW players, what mods do you find indispensable? Particularly class-based mods, since I'm leveling a hunter, warlock and mage.

For me, Auctioneer is a must have. As well as a mod that remembers all the nodes that I've gathered (like Gatherer or Carbonite)

I've also come to rely on Bartender and Informant.

As for class based mods, Necrosis for my warlock is pretty damn nifty!

I found Auctioneer to be a horrible memory hog, so I switched to AuctionLite. It doesn't have all of the features, but my games doesn't come to a screeching halt for several seconds while it looks something up.

I use, in no particular order of preference:

Carbonite
Deadly Boss Mods (an absolute must for raiding)
Omen threat meter
Tidy Plates and Threat plates for when I'm tanking
AtlasLoot
FuBar with wintergrasp timer
Recount
Acheron for info on why people died in a party or raid
Bartender - love this one
EVR and EVR Encounter - this one gives you specific information on things like who has the gas spores in the Festergut fight, and where the slime is going to land in the Rotface fight. Blizzard has taken the position that this addon is too invasive and they will "fix it" so it doesn't work when 3.3.5 is released.

Those are the main ones, I have some more, but I can't remember them all.

Okay all you WoW players, what mods do you find indispensable? Particularly class-based mods, since I'm leveling a hunter, warlock and mage.

For me, Auctioneer is a must have. As well as a mod that remembers all the nodes that I've gathered (like Gatherer or Carbonite)

While not a class specific mod, I tend to rely on my Autobar alot.
It saves me from having to have buttons on action bars to use all the differnt types of foods, potions, scrolls, etc. As well as my hearthstone, mounts, professions, etc. It also has a class specific bar for buffs/debuffs. I don't use that particular feature but it is avaliable to those that wish to do so.

I found Auctioneer to be a horrible memory hog, so I switched to AuctionLite. It doesn't have all of the features, but my games doesn't come to a screeching halt for several seconds while it looks something up.

I use, in no particular order of preference:

Carbonite
Deadly Boss Mods (an absolute must for raiding)
Omen threat meter
Tidy Plates and Threat plates for when I'm tanking
AtlasLoot
FuBar with wintergrasp timer
Recount
Acheron for info on why people died in a party or raid
Bartender - love this one
EVR and EVR Encounter - this one gives you specific information on things like who has the gas spores in the Festergut fight, and where the slime is going to land in the Rotface fight. Blizzard has taken the position that this addon is too invasive and they will "fix it" so it doesn't work when 3.3.5 is released.

Those are the main ones, I have some more, but I can't remember them all.

I agree about Auctioneer and memory and that's one of the reasons I have a dedicated bank character. Only she has auctioneer turned on, and she has no other mods turned on for her but Informant.

I have Carbonite, DBM and Omen (for when I'm melting faces in an instance). What's recount? A damage meter?

Never used EVR, but it sound like Blizz is going to do it what they did to Decursive back in the day. Decursive used to be the most awesome mod ever, but Blizz gimped it because they thought it gave an unfair advantage or something.

While not a class specific mod, I tend to rely on my Autobar alot.
It saves me from having to have buttons on action bars to use all the differnt types of foods, potions, scrolls, etc. As well as my hearthstone, mounts, professions, etc. It also has a class specific bar for buffs/debuffs. I don't use that particular feature but it is avaliable to those that wish to do so.

Hmm... I'll have to check that one out.

Huh? What is Bartender and Informant? What is Necrosis?

I will say that without Carbonite WoW is unplayable for me. It would take years for me to find all the people to talk to and where to go.

Huh? What is Bartender and Informant? What is Necrosis?

I will say that without Carbonite WoW is unplayable for me. It would take years for me to find all the people to talk to and where to go.

Bartender is an interface mod. It allows you to move all of the action bars, experience bar, rep bar, etc wherever you want them, re-size them, remove them, etc. You can even make them appear conditionally. (such as only in combat, or only out of combat, or only in a raid, etc)

Informant gives you information about items when you mouse over them. Like, what professions they're used for.

Necrosis is a warlock mod. I got it initially so that it would destroy excess soul shards for me so I wouldn't have to keep doing it manually. But it also has this little interface thing that has a button for soulstone, firestone, healthstone, mount, etc. So you can remove those from your action bar. And, it warns me if a target has fear protection, or if it's banishable. And it tells me when my soulstone has expired so I can put a new one on.

I agree about Auctioneer and memory and that's one of the reasons I have a dedicated bank character. Only she has auctioneer turned on, and she has no other mods turned on for her but Informant.

I have Carbonite, DBM and Omen (for when I'm melting faces in an instance). What's recount? A damage meter?

Never used EVR, but it sound like Blizz is going to do it what they did to Decursive back in the day. Decursive used to be the most awesome mod ever, but Blizz gimped it because they thought it gave an unfair advantage or something.

Hmm... I'll have to check that one out.

Yeah, Recount is a damage meter, which oftentimes replaces commonsense in instances and raids. I've seen people complain about having to do a fight the correct way because it screws up their DPS.

Yeah, Recount is a damage meter, which oftentimes replaces commonsense in instances and raids. I've seen people complain about having to do a fight the correct way because it screws up their DPS.

I hope you laugh at people who do that.

Yes, DPS meters can be very bad for that reason. If all people are concerned about is how much DPS they did, then they are noobs who shouldn't be in the instance. LOL

Obviously DPS is important, but not as important as doing the job correctly and actually killing the boss and surviving the fight.

I remember one idiot that would *always* do extra damage during the part of the Onyxia fight where everyone BUT the tank is doing white damage only. Why? Because if you pulled aggro at that point, the raid wiped. But ****head wanted higher DPS numbers and was willing to sacrifice the entire raid to get them.

Retarded.

We used to use Wow Web Stats It was an awesome breakdown of everything in the raid. Including healing, buffs, etc. It really helped to pinpoint where the weaknesses were. If someone is consistently low on the damage meters comparatively, then it's something to address with them regarding spec, gear, and technique. But a raider should NEVER be in there just to get high DPS numbers. Those numbers are meaningless if everyone dies.

Back in the day when I played WoW I rarely used mods, as I found them to be cheating. If I had my way they'd be trackable and cause for insta-permaban. However, when in Rome...

As all I ever did was PvP, I only used PvP mods, although I can't remember names. I think one was Gladius or Gladiator or something like that.

No raiding mod will ever touch my account. Then again, it wasn't necessary because when my guildmaster pretty much tied me down and forced me to raid due to lack of people, I wouldn't even hope to be close to leading in DPS (as a warlock) when you consider that there wasn't a thing I owned that didn't have the word "gladiator" in it. I spent most of my downtime talking down to warriors about how I have more HP than they do (except the prot ones). She would complain and I would remind her that I don't raid. If I was in a bad mood, I'd say crap like "you just better be thankful the rest of my arena team isn't here" in Ventrilo.

I would've used the one for gathering as I used to spend free time on my epic flying mount, whipping around Nagrand for mining nodes. However, I could tell you exactly where each and every mining node could possibly be in Nagrand, and it'd be a waste of time to bother with the mod. On a good day, I'd find some Alliance guys trying to mine and I'd drop off the mount and jack him up before taking the mine for myself. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom