• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wow fox news is just disgusting.

The Dane

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
This is a pretty good example of how blatantly bias Fox news is. They are SO methodical with their propaganda. Its very, very frustrating.

They did this in 24 hours. All these people do is work for the right wing. That is all they do.

No shocker there, Fox News is a propaganda machine of the Republican party, and it does not know the first thing about journalism or facts.

Oh and wrong thread.. should be in media bias :)

I knew they were bias, but I had never seen such an obvious methodical inputing of a right wing talking point.

This is a pretty good example of how blatantly bias Fox news is. They are SO methodical with their propaganda. Its very, very frustrating.

They did this in 24 hours. All these people do is work for the right wing. That is all they do.

So, your source is a heavily edited video clip? How do you know it's not being taken out of context? You shouldn't have an opinion until you have all the facts on this. :lol:

So, your source is a heavily edited video clip? How do you know it's not being taken out of context? You shouldn't have an opinion until you have all the facts on this. :lol:

lol.. when fox news does that it doesn't bother you so much?

Good point. Do you have an unedited copy?

No shocker there, Fox News is a propaganda machine of the Republican party, and it does not know the first thing about journalism or facts.

Oh and wrong thread.. should be in media bias :)

Thats the bloody problem .. it should be shocking.

Race and resignation, 24 hours of Shirley Sherrod

Tuesday was all about ex-USDA official Shirley Sherrod, who said she was pressured to quit her job after she was accused of making racist comments. Those remarks were part of a video clip that was posted over the weekend on a conservative blogger’s website and subsequently aired on Fox.

CNN picked up the story Tuesday morning, telling Sherrod’s side of the story, and by Tuesday night there had been a complete 180 in the matter. Those who initially criticized her, including the NAACP, have now said they were duped by the clip. U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said Wednesday that he’s reviewing Sherrod’s case.

– Last week, the NAACP accused the Tea Party of protecting racist elements in its movement.

– Over the weekend, conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart published part of a video of Sherrod giving a speech at a March 27, 2010, NAACP dinner. In the 2 1/2-minute video, she appears to be talking about how she treated a white farmer in a 1986 case. At the time, she was not employed by the USDA. Her remarks seem racist.

– Fox News picks up the video, airs it and writes about it on its site.

– Monday, Sherrod resigns. She says she was pressured by at least four phone calls from her superiors telling her the "White House" wants her to leave her job as the head of the Department of Agriculture's rural development office in Georgia.

The video is correct, and you are hopelessly mislead.

Thats the bloody problem .. it should be shocking.

What I find shocking is that anyone would jump past wanting to know information to accepting any skewing of the event. Only one person on the clip asked for an unedited clip. And this likely didn't resounate with the audience. When news is sought as affirmation, it is hard to find an objective viewer.

...Point = missed.

Should've guessed this was just another left-wing hate thread. Pointing out hypocrisy is not welcome here, it seems.

The point I had was that you should show us full clips. I'm willing to view them. And if you're right, admit it. Just as if you're wrong, I think you should admit that as well. Isn't this fair?

...Point = missed.

Should've guessed this was just another left-wing hate thread. Pointing out hypocrisy is not welcome here, it seems.

Uhh no, I posted a source that gave you a timeline. Fox news pushed Shirly Sherrod's apparent racist comments HEAVILY 24 hours before she was forced to resign. The video showed these comments. Unlike the video of Sherrod, all of these comments Fox news made were on live TV, they posted the un edited videos. Besides, there is no room for those comments to be taken out of context they were not told in third person or a story.

The fact that you so quickly dismiss my argument shows just how blatantly lazy you are being with informing yourself.

The point I had was that you should show us full clips. I'm willing to view them. And if you're right, admit it. Just as if you're wrong, I think you should admit that as well. Isn't this fair?

This is correct. Fox news posted the edited video and CNN found the unedited story. This guy should also be forced to show that I posted edited videos, not the other way around.

This is correct. Fox news posted the edited video and CNN found the unedited story. This guy should also be forced to show that I posted edited videos, not the other way around.

Yes, I saw CNN's unedited version, which does paint a different picture. The part about it opening her eyes, noting change, seemed important to me. Might not to those who don't want to see it.

The Dane...

So, what you're saying is that FOX News rushed to judgement MUCH LIKE everyone else did, based OFF the information they had at the time of the story? Is that what you're saying? Did you mention (Haven't read the whole thread yet) that they were also VERY QUICK to apologize, MUCH LIKE everyone else that said the exact same thing, did?

My question for you would be in your ability to be objective here? Are you an objective person? Doesn't seem like it, nor does it seem that the people you "put this together" are very objective either. Fairness seems to be missing from your slant? Would you admit that ALMOST every other media outlet carried the story the same way FOX did? Why are you not also mentiong them, The Dane?

Tim-

...Point = missed.

That's not exactly the case. After all, the host from The Young Turks makes it plain and clear that he edited those clips together. However, I seriously doubt that any Fox News commentators or the conservative blogger who posted the offending clip made it clear it was edited. Bit of a difference there.

Uhh no, I posted a source that gave you a timeline. Fox news pushed Shirly Sherrod's apparent racist comments HEAVILY 24 hours before she was forced to resign. The video showed these comments. Unlike the video of Sherrod, all of these comments Fox news made were on live TV, they posted the un edited videos. Besides, there is no room for those comments to be taken out of context they were not told in third person or a story.

The fact that you so quickly dismiss my argument shows just how blatantly lazy you are being with informing yourself.

Hate to be buzz kill here. But the Foxnews coverage came out after the White House had "convicted and fired" Sherrod.

Watch the video that you posted. The text crawl at the bottom of the Foxnews clips clearly states "Official Forced to Resign After Video Leaks". Regardless of what the TYT host tries to sell, the evidence seems to suggest the Fox coverage did follow the actions of the WH, not precede them....

Fox news did the story after she was fired not before, beware of the time line.

The Dane...

So, what you're saying is that FOX News rushed to judgment MUCH LIKE everyone else did, based OFF the information they had at the time of the story? Is that what you're saying? Did you mention (Haven't read the whole thread yet) that they were also VERY QUICK to apologize, MUCH LIKE everyone else that said the exact same thing, did?

My question for you would be in your ability to be objective here? Are you an objective person? Doesn't seem like it, nor does it seem that the people you "put this together" are very objective either. Fairness seems to be missing from your slant? Would you admit that ALMOST every other media outlet carried the story the same way FOX did? Why are you not also mention them, The Dane?

Tim-

No other news organization covered the story 24 hours a day on several differen't shows. No other news organization said that this was related to Reverend Write, the new black panthers or Andrew Jones, nor did they suggest that the clip alienated white voters, nor did other news organizations wonder out loud how many other racist politicians were in Obama's administration, no other media outlets stated that this was a prime example of how, "radical racists BURROW into the Obama administration. No other news organizations carried out this clip in an obvious methodical and efficient talking point. No other organizations jumped on this piece as quickly and heavily as Fox news did.

Other news organizations did report on the video with skepticism in the spirit of true journalism. Other news organizations, like CNN, put in the actual effort to discover the reality of the story.

This is not an isolated incidient for Fox News. They tackle myriads of hacked up, politically motivated stories just like this in the same obvious wreckless obvious political pandering, propagandist, efficient method.

I challenge you to show me videos of MSNBC, CNN, NPR, CBS, or BBC airing the same violent and aggressive videos.

It is not me who is not objective, it is you.

Tuesday was all about ex-USDA official Shirley Sherrod, who said she was pressured to quit her job after she was accused of making racist comments. Those remarks were part of a video clip that was posted over the weekend on a conservative blogger’s website and subsequently aired on Fox.

CNN picked up the story Tuesday morning, telling Sherrod’s side of the story, and by Tuesday night there had been a complete 180 in the matter. Those who initially criticized her, including the NAACP, have now said they were duped by the clip. U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said Wednesday that he’s reviewing Sherrod’s case.

– Last week, the NAACP accused the Tea Party of protecting racist elements in its movement.

– Over the weekend, conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart published part of a video of Sherrod giving a speech at a March 27, 2010, NAACP dinner. In the 2 1/2-minute video, she appears to be talking about how she treated a white farmer in a 1986 case. At the time, she was not employed by the USDA. Her remarks seem racist.
- Sherrod was forced to pull over her car and resign.

– Monday, Sherrod resigns. She says she was pressured by at least four phone calls from her superiors telling her the "White House" wants her to leave her job as the head of the Department of Agriculture's rural development office in Georgia.

Get the time line right please instead of being deceptive. Sherrod was forced to resign before Fox aired anything about her.

Fox news did the story after she was fired not before, beware of the time line.

Yeah you saw that on Fox news sunday with Chris wallace just this morning where he stated that Fox news never stated her name before she was fired. This is true, they never stated her name, instead they only mentioned her title and the issue only. They are snakes in the grass.

I already posted a timeline that proves this point.

- Sherrod was forced to pull over her car and resign.

Get the time line right please instead of being deceptive. Sherrod was forced to resign before Fox aired anything about her.

No you are incorrect. She resigned ON MONDAY. So how the **** did they speak about it on Fox news SUNDAY just like they did in the video I posted.

Yeah you saw that on Fox news sunday with Chris wallace just this morning where he stated that Fox news never stated her name before she was fired. This is true, they never stated her name, instead they only mentioned her title and the issue only. They are snakes in the grass.

I already posted a timeline that proves this point.
The way I see it, there will be those who hate FOX as they are those who Hate the main stream media and CNN MSNBC etc., I can judge for myself and the time line favors FOX for now and as for the rest of the media these outlets are just as biased as the next. It's all a matter of what poison one wishes to consume. The media does no favors for the masses, the media in this country have their own agenda and it isn't for the people. Journalism is dead in this country and has been for a along time, although watching the news bunnies and their infinite wisdom is entertaining to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom