• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wow, Biden just called for regime change... "For god's sake, this man cannot remain in power."

Joe's off script gaffes from his trip are certainly causing quite the stir, both here in the U.S. and abroad.
I've been watching right and left media since his trip and his competence has never been questioned as much as right now.
The opinions of his biggest and final gaffe of the trip vary - with some thinking it was a fine thing to say (what everyone is thinking) and others thinking it terrible. Like my initial opinion, several are thinking the White House walk back was problematic and gave Biden a weak and incompetent look.
Then, Biden's own words/answers about it since his return have really been all over the place and bad, IMO. Some moments, he stands by what he said. Other moments, he claims he didn't make those gaffes and people are just interpreting. Well no Joe, your gaffes were actually quite clear and very difficult to interpret in any way other than what the words which came out of your mouth said - quite literally.
Concerns about Biden's competence have grown beyond what they already were. I'll be very surprised if those competence numbers in polling don't go even lower than they have been - in upcoming days and weeks.
Please know, those of us who support Biden and our country in general are giving appropriate consideration to your concerns about President Biden's competence. Given your level of expertise in the field, and obvious objectivity, how could we not?

The difference is that the blacks are Americans and want to be Americans.

In the Donbas, according to you they remain 'Russian.' In a different country (Ukraine). So if they want to 'remain Russian' they should go back to Russia, not claim land in another sovereign nation. They have no right to take another nation's land.

The ethnic Russians in the Donbas are Ukrainians that wanted to remain as Ukrainians but refused to accept the right wing US backed overthrow of their leadership and the subsequent Russophobic policy shifts that were aimed at making them outsiders in their own nation, a theme that has ran from the break up of the old USSR. With protests against the coupsters some fringe groups received Russian support and arms and a seperatist movement began, the Ukrainian govt sent in the army and civil war has ensued ever since , with the seperatists enjoying support from the Russian army itself.

So, the people of Donbas wanted to remain Ukrainian and since the end of the Cold war have sought decent relations with Moscow but independence from it. The coup of 2014 has changed that and the subsequent Russian invasion will have changed it again so we will have to se, when the ceasefire/peace agreement comes, what is on the table wrt choices for the entire population of Ukraine without Crimea, that's gone

Minsk2 was what should have been acted upon but instead people saw their own interests in creating/prolonging a war in Ukraine and we are left with the debacle we see there today. It's a complicated history and a relatively short one where historic divisions have resurfaced but my take is that the Donbas has never really wanted to become Russian proper.

The present government of Ukraine was democratically elected, if they prefer an authoritarian type of government they can move to Russia.

Not by the entire population of Ukraine they weren't and that's the point

You are talking of " authoritarians" while backing the regime in Kiev that is the legacy of the overthrow of a proper Ukrainian democracy that was representative of the entire people. On that thought maybe you should move to Russia

Gosh, I wish it was that America was just a joke. I used to think how terrible it would be if that ever happened (America being viewed as a joke). It was one of the worst things I could imagine.
Now, I'd be delighted if America being a joke was the biggest issue. Because, now, the entire world facing unbelievable danger has become the result of that joke - and that, I never foresaw.
You've got a point. America is weak on every level. I hope it's not irretrievably broken.

Please know, those of us who support Biden and our country in general are giving appropriate consideration to your concerns about President Biden's competence. Given your level of expertise in the field, and obvious objectivity, how could we not?
Voters will express their confidence or concerns in November of 22 and 24. And that voter voice of concern or confidence in Biden's competence will determine Biden's future role in the country's leadership and the country's direction. So, my opinion or yours (individually) make virtually no difference. I'll get one vote in upcoming elections. Hopefully states will see to it that others will also get only one vote each;)

Voters will express their confidence or concerns in November of 22 and 24. And that voter voice of concern or confidence in Biden's competence will determine Biden's future role in the country's leadership and the country's direction. So, my opinion or yours (individually) make virtually no difference. I'll get one vote in upcoming elections. Hopefully states will see to it that others will also get only one vote each;)
I was not aware that President Biden was up for re-election already. My, how time flies.

Or are you saying that the midterms will be determinative of whether Joe Biden is demented or not? If the Democrats make gains, he's sane; if the Republicans make gains, he's demented? Walk me thru that logic.

But if that is the litmus test, let's apply it historically:
Donald Trump: 2018 Severely Demented

Obama: Severely demented in 2010 but made a solid, if but not complete return to sanity by 2014.

Clinton was severely demented at 2 years, but returned to his full faculties in 4 years. W unfortunately went the other direction.

So perhaps even with losses in the house or senate this year, and obvious dementia, Joe could rebound as Clinton and Obama did?

The ethnic Russians in the Donbas are Ukrainians that wanted to remain as Ukrainians but refused to accept the right wing US backed overthrow of their leadership and the subsequent Russophobic policy shifts that were aimed at making them outsiders in their own nation, a theme that has ran from the break up of the old USSR. With protests against the coupsters some fringe groups received Russian support and arms and a seperatist movement began, the Ukrainian govt sent in the army and civil war has ensued ever since , with the seperatists enjoying support from the Russian army itself.

So, the people of Donbas wanted to remain Ukrainian and since the end of the Cold war have sought decent relations with Moscow but independence from it. The coup of 2014 has changed that and the subsequent Russian invasion will have changed it again so we will have to se, when the ceasefire/peace agreement comes, what is on the table wrt choices for the entire population of Ukraine without Crimea, that's gone

Minsk2 was what should have been acted upon but instead people saw their own interests in creating/prolonging a war in Ukraine and we are left with the debacle we see there today. It's a complicated history and a relatively short one where historic divisions have resurfaced but my take is that the Donbas has never really wanted to become Russian proper.

Doesnt sound any worse, politically, than the last 4 yrs under the orange moron. You dont settle differences with violence. See: moron on Jan 6.

If the others are so pro-Russian and try to pass similar policies to Russia...they have no right to cause upheaval in Ukraine. They can move to Russia.

Joe's off script gaffes from his trip are certainly causing quite the stir, both here in the U.S. and abroad.
I've been watching right and left media since his trip and his competence has never been questioned as much as right now.
The opinions of his biggest and final gaffe of the trip vary - with some thinking it was a fine thing to say (what everyone is thinking) and others thinking it terrible. Like my initial opinion, several are thinking the White House walk back was problematic and gave Biden a weak and incompetent look.
Then, Biden's own words/answers about it since his return have really been all over the place and bad, IMO. Some moments, he stands by what he said. Other moments, he claims he didn't make those gaffes and people are just interpreting. Well no Joe, your gaffes were actually quite clear and very difficult to interpret in any way other than what the words which came out of your mouth said - quite literally.
Concerns about Biden's competence have grown beyond what they already were. I'll be very surprised if those competence numbers in polling don't go even lower than they have been - in upcoming days and weeks.
Not to mention, they sent him out with note cards with taking points so simplistic it’s pretty obvious what his own people think about him. They treat him like he’s a bumbling idiot. Which he seems to be.

It‘s truly remarkable there are people here who can’t see how concerning Biden’s capacity is as an issue. There is literally no one I have ever worked with that I would have felt the need to script out such obvious answers to such obvious questions. And they couldn’t even manage to hide they were doing it.

Biden said that Putin “cannot remain in power”, and you’d think he slapped Chris Rock by the way everyone is acting.

Yeah, kinda funny, but strange with everything Joe has fubarred up, makes you wonder who's head is up who's ass.
Just keep praying Joe survives until the next election. Harris could be in charge. Then you will know what FUBAR really is.

Every time Joe goes off script the closer we get to him getting us nuked. Dipchit.
No he doesn't. If Putin decides to use nukes it will be his decision for his reasons. Biden has literally nothing to do with it unless Biden launches a first strike against Putin.

President Biden's comment was not a "gaffe". It was unscripted but it was not a blunder nor was it the least bit embarrassing......he meant exactly what he said and most heads are nodding in agreement.
exactly .......... however removing Putin will not be easy. Economic sanctions are the only way to go. BUT if he is removed will Putin still be allowed to control Russia from behind closed doors?

How many Russians will Putin murder for demanding his removal?

Back
Top Bottom