• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you wear a mask to protect the unvaccinated if its not required?

Would you wear a mask to protect the unvaccinated if its not required?

• Total voters
You can also reduce virus in the community by increasing immunity.

That requires direct infection, meaning more replication of the virus. And the herd immunity that develops wont necessarily be resistant to new variants.

Getting the covidiots immune is a preferable alternative imo.
Nobody disagrees.

That requires direct infection, meaning more replication of the virus. And the herd immunity that develops wont necessarily be resistant to new variants.

Nobody disagrees.

We have been over this so I will make one last comment then drop our discussion as we clearly have a difference of opinion. I think that if the covidiots are directly infected it becomes a race: will we reduce transmission to a low enough level so that the amount of virus in the community actually decreases thereby significantly reducing the chance of an escape variant OR will the temporary increase in virus in the community produce an escape variant first. The UK is completely open and delta is decreasing there, probably because enough people have become infected or vaccinated.
The other thing about the CDC recommendation that masks be worn by vaccinated people is that they are citing a fatally flawed study as a basis for their decision. I posted the details elsewhere.

We have been over this so I will make one last comment then drop our discussion as we clearly have a difference of opinion. I think that if the covidiots are directly infected it becomes a race: will we reduce transmission to a low enough level so that the amount of virus in the community actually decreases thereby significantly reducing the chance of an escape variant OR will the temporary increase in virus in the community produce an escape variant first. The UK is completely open and delta is decreasing there, probably because enough people have become infected or vaccinated.
The other thing about the CDC recommendation that masks be worn by vaccinated people is that they are citing a fatally flawed study as a basis for their decision. I posted the details elsewhere.
You seem to believe it's possible to get the covidiots vaccinated, at least that's a pillar in your argument. Since we know it's not, it seems odd that you keep including it.

We have to proceed on the premise that millions wont. And by no means does that relieve the responsibility of the rest of us to mask up, socially distance, hand wash, etc etc in order to reduce infections as much as possible.

And I've already acknowledged it likely, even 'more' likely that we'll hit herd immunity with millions unvaccinated. You make a point about the UK...and yet you read, I hope, the UK researchers concern for the future. Herd immunity will not necessarily...maybe not even likely...be enough for safety for a particularly virulent variant.

Reducing infections and thus replications of the virus is still in our best interests.

You seem to believe it's possible to get the covidiots vaccinated, at least that's a pillar in your argument. Since we know it's not, it seems odd that you keep including it.

We have to proceed on the premise that millions wont. And by no means does that relieve the responsibility of the rest of us to mask up, socially distance, hand wash, etc etc in order to reduce infections as much as possible.

And I've already acknowledged it likely, even 'more' likely that we'll hit herd immunity with millions unvaccinated. You make a point about the UK...and yet you read, I hope, the UK researchers concern for the future. Herd immunity will not necessarily...maybe not even likely...be enough for safety for a particularly virulent variant.

Reducing infections and thus replications of the virus is still in our best interests.

Infected
Not vaccinated
Delta will find the covidiots

And the study from Provincetown is fatally flawed.
I don’t believe that vaccinated people can spread the disease just as much as unvaccinated if they get infected.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom