• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Would you want & trust George Zimmerman to be on neighborhood watch where you live?

Would you want & trust George Zimmerman to be on neighborhood watch where you live?

• Total voters

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Simple question, doesnt matter if you think he is innocent or guilty.

Would you want and trust him or a person you believe to be like him, what ever that is, to be on your neighborhood watch?

yes
no
I love mashed potatoes
mashed-potatoes-and-gravy.jpg

Re: Would you want & trust George Zimmerman to be on neighborhood watch where you liv

in a heart beat

* too soon to use that expression? *

Re: Would you want & trust George Zimmerman to be on neighborhood watch where you liv

I'd be happy to live in the same neighborhood.

George Zimmerman shares my concerns for safety in our living space.

Personally, I'd rather have someone who will respect the directions of the 911 operator and the cops and not go off on his own to make sure some punk doesn't get away.

and I'd rather have darker gravy, too.

If you would've asked me before the trial, no way.

After hearing how calm he was, how cooperative he was with the police, how very precise he was in all of his statements --- of course.

The one thing that really stood out to me when I first started watching this was how polite, calm and mature this man is. I guess I assumed he would be some macho tough guy who got defensive with police. He didn't. I think he would make a great cop, really.

I would not want to live anywhere near that idiot.

As long as he is within the law I would have no problem with it.

Nope. I'd rather someone do what 911 told them to do. Don't need John Wayne policing our streets. That's what the police are for - not wannabes who didn't make the cut.

Yes, but mostly because I am a white male. Also, I live in Oregon and I am currently surrounded by hundreds of Zimmermans.

Nope. I'd rather someone do what 911 told them to do. Don't need John Wayne policing our streets. That's what the police are for - not wannabes who didn't make the cut.

Yea, if only the police would patrol our streets and not be hawkeyeing anyone with a tag light out.
Grandma could be getting gang raped and her silverware loaded up but the local cops have a 17 yearold pulled over for 3 miles over the limit or lane change with no blinker.

Yea, if only the police would patrol our streets and not be hawkeyeing anyone with a tag light out.
Grandma could be getting gang raped and her silverware loaded up but the local cops have a 17 yearold pulled over for 3 miles over the limit or lane change with no blinker.

True. I'm not a fan of the police. But I'd rather the police do their jobs, than some idiot with a gun.

True. I'm not a fan of the police. But I'd rather the police do their jobs, than some idiot with a gun.

Iam the son of a police officer. But a DC cop, not some local yokel Buford T Justice.
My step son was hit by a driver not paying attention the other day. Rearended his new Dodge Ram.
Both trucks pulled off the road, exchanged info, cops showed wrote the other guy a ticket.
No big deal, no one hurt, no one transported.
5 Cops. The motor man was doing all the writing, 4 others just standing around. Not even keeping an eye on traffic while the other guys truck was getting loaded up on a wrecker.

Iam the son of a police officer. But a DC cop, not some local yokel Buford T Justice.
My step son was hit by a driver not paying attention the other day. Rearended his new Dodge Ram.
Both trucks pulled off the road, exchanged info, cops showed wrote the other guy a ticket.
5 Cops. The motor man was doing all the writing, 4 others just standing around. Not even keeping an eye on traffic while the other guys truck was getting loaded up on a wrecker.

I'm the wife of a retired cop. Still not a fan. :lol: But thank your father for his service.

I wouldn't have any problem with him on watch.

Simple question, doesnt matter if you think he is innocent or guilty.

Would you want and trust him or a person you believe to be like him, what ever that is, to be on your neighborhood watch?

yes
no
I love mashed potatoes
View attachment 67149920

No.

If this doesn't cause homeowners' associations to very clearly delineate the responsibilities and charges of neighborhood watch volunteers, I don't know what will. As I understand it, the homeowners' association settled a lawsuit with the Martin family for close to a million dollars. This indicates, of course, that the insurance company felt their position was not winnable in a courtroom.

You are NEVER to follow, approach, or engage a suspicious person on behalf of our Neighborhood Watch Program. If you notice a suspicious person, and a crime is not in progress, you are to call the nonemergency number of the local police department and continue on your way. Any other action will result in your being disavowed by our formal program and banned from further participation.

Sign here.

No on judgement alone.

Personally, I'd rather have someone who will respect the directions of the 911 operator and the cops and not go off on his own to make sure some punk doesn't get away.

and I'd rather have darker gravy, too.

I guess I missed the part where Zimmerman didn't follow the "911 operator". Of course i'm assuming you ACTUALLY meant the "NEN operator". Can you show actual fact from the case, supporting your contention??

No.

If this doesn't cause homeowners' associations to very clearly delineate the responsibilities and charges of neighborhood watch volunteers, I don't know what will. As I understand it, the homeowners' association settled a lawsuit with the Martin family for close to a million dollars. This indicates, of course, that the insurance company felt their position was not winnable in a courtroom.

Sign here.

Or it also could have been determined by the insurance lawyers that it is cheaper to settle than to have the case drag on for years. Happens all the time. In the settlement the HOA was not found guilty nor admitted any wrong doing. Welcome to the United States of Litigation.

I said yes to the poll. One reason, any citizen can do what GZ did without the need of a NW program. Second, not sure but I got the impression not many others stepped up to be part of the program. If true, that says a lot about the community.
Knowing only what I have read, GZ could be on NW. IMO, I would make sure two were patrolling togeather.

Or it also could have been determined by the insurance lawyers that it is cheaper to settle than to have the case drag on for years. Happens all the time. In the settlement the HOA was not found guilty nor admitted any wrong doing. Welcome to the United States of Litigation.

I said yes to the poll. One reason, any citizen can do what GZ did without the need of a NW program. Second, not sure but I got the impression not many others stepped up to be part of the program. If true, that says a lot about the community.
Knowing only what I have read, GZ could be on NW. IMO, I would make sure two were patrolling togeather.

The insurance company no doubt cancelled the homeowners' association insurance. That's pretty much a given. When it comes time to buy a new one (now, I'd imagine), they're going to find their insurance premiums have gone through the roof -- or their neighborhood watch program has been excluded from coverage.

If I were a homeowner in that subdivision, I would be very concerned -- not only about the cost of NEW insurance -- but the probability that it's not available at any price. Putting the homeowners into the position of being responsible for individual actions is frightening. It will no doubt effect town home value for years.

This may actually cause many associations to disband their neighborhood watch programs all together.

I wouldn't want to see somebody shot, so no. I feel sorry for the people in his community and all the national attention.

Obviously many of those neighbors were scared to death in those 911 calls, and who knows what the hell the children think about somebody dying on their street and where they play.

I wouldn't want to see my family go through any of that, especially not the kids.

Last edited:

The insurance company no doubt cancelled the homeowners' association insurance. That's pretty much a given. When it comes time to buy a new one (now, I'd imagine), they're going to find their insurance premiums have gone through the roof -- or their neighborhood watch program has been excluded from coverage.

If I were a homeowner in that subdivision, I would be very concerned -- not only about the cost of NEW insurance -- but the probability that it's not available at any price. Putting the homeowners into the position of being responsible for individual actions is frightening. It will no doubt effect town home value for years.

This may actually cause many associations to disband their neighborhood watch programs all together.

Most likely it will.
Yet, take a look at the other side not even involving the TM case. If the gated community with an HOA started to have crimes committed within its jurisdictions and did nothing, how long do you think it would take some frustrated homeowner to get a lawyer to sue the HOA for not providing enough security? It was and is a no win for an HOA.

Most likely it will.
Yet, take a look at the other side not even involving the TM case. If the gated community with an HOA started to have crimes committed within its jurisdictions and did nothing, how long do you think it would take some frustrated homeowner to get a lawyer to sue the HOA for not providing enough security? It was and is a no win for an HOA.

There'd have to be some case law that made homeowner associations responsible for the safety of individual residents. I sure don't think it's there now. Even police departments are not responsible for the safety of residents according to the Supreme Court.

now that I know he is willing to clear leather when it comes to it... sure...I'd have him watch the neighborhood.

We hear the same complaints about highway construction workers. I believe we need a new police strategy, which may already be getting employed. A guerilla war strategy completely undercover. Irregular overlapping shifts. In many places of our Country, we are at war. Times of war require offensive/defensive actions of war. I believe in the immediate use of Martial law where deemed necessary.

Although I don't believe he should be convicted of murder or manslaughter, and I believe he was defending himself.....

No, I don't want someone like George Zimmerman on the neighborhood watch.

And yes, I would love to inhale that Mashed Potatoes and Gravy.

Back
Top Bottom