• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Would you want & trust George Zimmerman to be on neighborhood watch where you live?

Would you want & trust George Zimmerman to be on neighborhood watch where you live?

• Total voters
Re: Would you want & trust George Zimmerman to be on neighborhood watch where you liv

I dont think GZ is guilty of 2nd degree murder
not sure if he was just defining himself based on my own personal opinion views

but regardless of any of that my answer is no

in my opinion he is NOBODY that i want wondering around my neighborhood with a gun ever. I have kids and nieces and nephews and theres nothign about him that seems safe or "soundly" sane to me.

Re: Would you want & trust George Zimmerman to be on neighborhood watch where you liv

Iam the son of a police officer. But a DC cop, not some local yokel Buford T Justice.

You get to crap on cops because your father was supposedly a good one?

You get to crap on cops because your father was supposedly a good one?

Didnt crap on anyone. I just know the difference between real police officers and ticket writers.

Didnt crap on anyone. I just know the difference between real police officers and ticket writers.

Not because of personal law enforcement experience, but because of what someone told you. Very nice.

Not because of personal law enforcement experience, but because of what someone told you. Very nice.

No, also from personal opinion of growing up in a podunk town where the two main roads were the only ones patrolled.

No, also from personal opinion of growing up in a podunk town where the two main roads were the only ones patrolled.

Wow, I bet that sucked.

Wow, I bet that sucked.

Not really, but whats your point. You are in Florida so you say, I am in Florida. Will never live any where else. Yet I am not going to leave my safety to some 20K a cop playing Adam 12.

It takes a certain type of person to agree to or want to volunteer to be a neighborhood watch commander or whatever they call themselves. It's the same type of person who volunteers to be in the military or trains for the police department or fire department, etc. Not every person who has the mindset also has the skillset needed to handle the tasks.

Personally, I see Zimmerman as an honest man with good intensions who got a little more than he bargained for that rainy night and bad things happened. I've seen crazed people who are no good and out to do people harm - I've even seen them as police officers on occasion, thankfully rarely. I don't see that in Zimmerman at all - in fact, he's got that deer in the headlights look more than anything else. I don't believe he's a murderer at all, but I don't necessarily know that I'd want him patroling in my neighborhood with a loaded handgun either.

It takes a certain type of person to agree to or want to volunteer to be a neighborhood watch commander or whatever they call themselves. It's the same type of person who volunteers to be in the military or trains for the police department or fire department, etc. Not every person who has the mindset also has the skillset needed to handle the tasks.

Personally, I see Zimmerman as an honest man with good intensions who got a little more than he bargained for that rainy night and bad things happened. I've seen crazed people who are no good and out to do people harm - I've even seen them as police officers on occasion, thankfully rarely. I don't see that in Zimmerman at all - in fact, he's got that deer in the headlights look more than anything else. I don't believe he's a murderer at all, but I don't necessarily know that I'd want him patroling in my neighborhood with a loaded handgun either.

I wouldn't care whether he patrolled your neighborhood.:lol: Mine is another matter.:mrgreen:
Good evening, CJ.:2wave:

I wouldn't care whether he patrolled your neighborhood.:lol: Mine is another matter.:mrgreen:
Good evening, CJ.:2wave:

Good evening 2M - I see you survived another Fourth of July - well done.

Ahem....

cool-story-bro.jpg

No.

If this doesn't cause homeowners' associations to very clearly delineate the responsibilities and charges of neighborhood watch volunteers, I don't know what will. As I understand it, the homeowners' association settled a lawsuit with the Martin family for close to a million dollars. This indicates, of course, that the insurance company felt their position was not winnable in a courtroom.

Sign here.

While that's true the decision for the insurer in a situation like this is whether the cost of litigating the case will exceed a payment agreed upon through mediation. I'm quite sure that the insurance company thought about this for all of 10 seconds before saying "$1,000,000.00? As opposed to probably the same amount for taking it to trial without a guarantee of outcome? Where a jury might decide that it should be $100M? Done!"

There'd have to be some case law that made homeowner associations responsible for the safety of individual residents. I sure don't think it's there now. Even police departments are not responsible for the safety of residents according to the Supreme Court.

Sure, but PD's aren't privately insured. General liability for a business or organization pretty much means that any and all suits will go to mediation and settle there. As a business owner who has been sued (frivolously) I have a pretty good idea of how these things work.

In my opinon thats an insult to military, fireman and policemen everywhere.
With that sad there are bad cops, fireman, military but volunteering for them is nothing like neighborhood watch.
In my opinion thats like comparing an bug exterminator to an entomologist

the rest of your post i sort of agree with, i dont think he is a second degree murderer but i dont want him in my neighborhood with a gun either. Actually i dont think he should be anywhere with a gun.

as far as honest and good intentions? i dont think that at all. Now I dont think he is EVIL and had BAD intentions im just saying if im placing bets my chips never touch honest and good intentions simply because his history.

Considering he just cost the complex 1 million plus, I don't know why anyone would want a GZ in their condo association.

Or it also could have been determined by the insurance lawyers that it is cheaper to settle than to have the case drag on for years. Happens all the time. In the settlement the HOA was not found guilty nor admitted any wrong doing. Welcome to the United States of Litigation.

I said yes to the poll. One reason, any citizen can do what GZ did without the need of a NW program. Second, not sure but I got the impression not many others stepped up to be part of the program. If true, that says a lot about the community.
Knowing only what I have read, GZ could be on NW. IMO, I would make sure two were patrolling togeather.

So do you think Zim was patrolling the neighborhood at times?

I would not want to live anywhere near that idiot.

Don't worry, you're not his type

I'd be happy to live in the same neighborhood.

George Zimmerman shares my concerns for safety in our living space.

He ain't afraid to bus'-a-cap in a mother****er's ass, neither. That's a plus.

Nope. I'd rather someone do what 911 told them to do. Don't need John Wayne policing our streets. That's what the police are for - not wannabes who didn't make the cut.

What if random thug is raping you? Or beating the crap out of you and your daughter? Or beating your husband--wife?--to death with an axe handle? No John Wayne then, either?

What if random thug is raping you? Or beating the crap out of you and your daughter? Or beating your husband--wife?--to death with an axe handle? No John Wayne then, either?

No, someone that has enough knowledge to do what is needed with out having a cop wannabe fantasy before hand. Like some old war horse WWII combat vet.

No, someone that has enough knowledge to do what is needed with out having a cop wannabe fantasy before hand. Like some old war horse WWII combat vet.

Knowledge without the balls to use it is useless.

Knowledge without the balls to use it is useless.

I will take a member of the greatest generation over a George Zimmerman any day.

I will take a member of the greatest generation over a George Zimmerman any day.

An 80 y/o dude in a scrap over a 30-something? You'll pardon me if I don't choose that option. :)

An 80 y/o dude in a scrap over a 30-something? You'll pardon me if I don't choose that option. :)

Have you not seen that 30 year old pilsbury doughboy look a like. Heck I will take my 5' nothing 100 lbs wife over him any day.

Have you not seen that 30 year old pilsbury doughboy look a like. Heck I will take my 5' nothing 100 lbs wife over him any day.

I'm sorry, but 80 y/o probably won't be much help. He'll break a hip and then you're both ****ed.

Back
Top Bottom