• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you vote to Convict Trump under the Articles of Impeachment

• Yes

Votes: 85 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 28.6%

• Total voters
18 U.S.C. § 2384 - U.S. Code
Thank you

Now let me explain this to you.

This is the law that the AG can use, not something to be used by congress on a person not in office.

I see no charges filed against Trump by the AG.

I would. For sure.
For the record, I would have for the first Impeachment as well.

you have lied about my position. I don't CARE what the articles say. I am saying it is MORONIC to impeach someone who is no longer in office.
convenient position as you support your political girlfriend.

It would be in the Republicans best interest to have Trump convicted. Getting Trump out would free up others to rise to the top.
Now I see how the Nazis were persuaded to exterminate the Jews.

No.

These Articles of Impeachment are even more ridiculous and a pile of partisan bullshit than the Ukraine mess. (Who would have thought this was possible...only Nancy and Trump haters.)
1) Muller, solicit and accept foreign help in election ls OK.
2) Impeachment I, extorting a foreign country to interfere in election is OK.
3) Impeachment II, If 1 and 2 don't work, then overthrowing the gov is OK.

I made this Poll private

I have no problem letting folks know what I would vote.

Granted, this is THE COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION in process here.

Granted, in this court of public opinion we have, essentially, only seen considerable volumes of evidence against Donald Trump, presented via extensive media reporting of the actions of the accused, from before the election and in course leading up to and shown on the day of the alleged insurrection, January 6th, 2021. An insurrection allegedly inspired and caused via the accused's repeated incendiary and provocative rhetoric of lies, distortions and baseless conspiracies. Repeatedly directed, towards his supporters, along multiple media platforms and in person at rallies, with the purpose of working them into a frenzied and deliberate state of antagonism towards those election authorities certifying Joe Biden's victory across multiple states and in particular towards the U.S. Congress on January 6th when in their rightful Constitutional duty to certify the balloting of the Electoral College.

Granted, in this court of public opinion I have personally not been apprised of or have I seen what if any evidence of innocence the defendant has to resent that they are in truth not guilty of the Article of Impeachment made against them as I read and that was transmitted to the U.S. Senate for their own trial.

Based upon the Article of Impeachment and the evidence I have seen against the accused, noting again I have not seen the accused defendants case or their evidence, I have concluded, without any doubt that Donald J. Trump is guilty and should be convicted upon the Article of Impeachment.

Sorry for being so verbose, I am just feeling a bit chatty this AM and I also wanted folks to know my vote of condemnation was a considered one and not some nee jerk snap decision.

It would be in the Republicans best interest to have Trump convicted. Getting Trump out would free up others to rise to the top.

Which would assume there is any "cream" to thus "rise to the top" within the Republican Party at this hour which I would pose as being greatly arguable.

However I do agree if it is going to happen 'Captain Trump', as it were, needs to go before the Republican Party can put its ship to right.

I don't support impeachment at this point because it's senseless. Trump is out of office.

Pelosi and Schumer need to get on with current congressional matters instead of harping on Trump all the time. Let the federal prosecutors do their job by getting Trump on inciting the riot. He could also be prosecuted by the state of Georgia for urging the secretary of state to find extra votes in order to overturn the election.

Future Trumps and their supporters need to know that shameless lying, nepotism, demagoguery, and undermining of democratic norms and institutions, all for personal gain and advancement, will not be tolerated here in the United States of America- neither politically nor legally. The message needs to be sent loudly and clearly.

He's out of office. It is a waste of time. Its nothing more than butt hurt Trump haters trying to pile on. BTW if Trump were able to win again in 2024, why should Democrats thwart the will of the electors?

It's not a waste of time. Future Trumps and their supporters need to know that shameless lying, nepotism, demagoguery, incitement of insurrection, and undermining of democratic norms and institutions, all for personal gain and advancement, will not be tolerated here in the United States of America- neither politically nor legally. The message needs to be sent loudly and clearly.

The Republican positions with regard to impeachment are stupid - that is, illogical and inconsistent with the actual language of the Constitution and its history. Impeachment carries with it a lot more than just removal from office, it always has, and Congress has made it even more so.

1) Article I, Section 3's Impeachment clause explicitly states "Judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States". That means that the impeachment does not become moot once the officer leaves office, and that is how it has been interpreted since the impeachment of Secretary of War, William Belknap in 1876.

2) Impeachment also removes the perquisites of office former officeholders have as a result of government service under the Former Presidents Act, 3 U.S.C. § 102 ((f)(2)"whose service in such office shall have terminated other than by removal pursuant to section 4 of article II of the Constitution of the United States of America").

3) As discussed elsewhere, "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" is not a criminal standard, but means that one did dishonorable acts while in "high office". Numerous officials have been "convicted" by impeachment for "crimes" that do not violate any criminal code. The language of the Impeachment Article, while mirroring the criminal code in some respects, is not limited by that language.

The prosecution as it were laid out a decent case on the floor yesterday, but we'll have to wait and see and hear both sides in the senate trial. There's no denying he played a role in firing up the seditious mob that stormed Congress - roll the tape - but I guess the senate needs to hear 'how much' he is culpable.

01 rehearse.jpg

Last edited:
Actually you attempted to explain. But you made up your own rules.

The Democrats love to do illegal things. If Trump today is still president, I say he did not commit any impeachable offense.
You could explain, but diversion and ignoring the point is easier I guess.

Trump will walk out of the senate trial a winner.

Now the FBI could charge him with inciting an insurrection, conspiracy to incite an insurrection, treason and I am sure something else

LOL!!

Nonsense.

But hey...feel free to provide quotes of me being "pro-Authoritarian".
You know, it's an authoritarian ploy for authoritarians to claim that only their political opponents are authoritarian (and they can't be authoritarian).:rolleyes:

lol...perhaps in name. But, you're posting history suggests pro-Authoritarian cultist.
Calling Mycroft authoritarian (he's the opposite, he's libertarian) is like calling a Mets fan a Yankees fan.:ROFLMAO: You know so little on the subject.

Imagine acquiring a man who provoked a mob into attacking you and then nothing to stop it.

If you participated in this by repeating the lies that motivated the crowd, some self-reflection is surely needed. Although, I suspect it won't happen.

Back
Top Bottom