• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would You Vote Independent Howard Schultz For President in 2020?

Would You Vote Independent Howard Schultz For President?

• Total voters
He's eminitely more qualified than the Democrats currently running.

What are his opinions, positions, and political qualifications? What does he stand for?

It's much too early too form an opinion about him.

A vote for anyone other than the Democratic Party nominee is a vote for Trump or what ever Republican is nominated.

So NO way.

He's eminitely more qualified than the Democrats currently running.

So vote for him instead of Trump then Bucky.

So vote for him instead of Trump then Bucky.

He would take away a lot of swing votes away from Trump. The Democrats are scared because he upsets the status quo.

He would take away a lot of swing votes away from Trump. The Democrats are scared because he upsets the status quo.

Ok, so then you are voting for him over Trump right?

No. I want to see Trump defeated.

No. I will never vote for a 3rd Party Candidate, as it is effectively a vote for the candidate who they are not sucking votes off of.

In an actual election, I will always vote for the Republican Candidate, even if I don't necessarily support them, solely as a vote against the (likely) Marxist Democrat candidate. If only a Marxist Democrat candidate is running, I will write in a vote for anyone (or anything) else BUT them.

I hope Schultz runs as an independent.

No. That would dilute the vote against Trump.

It depends on who is on the ballot. If, for example, it was Trump v Sanders, I might consider it as a protest vote, though more likely I would just not vote for president(I refuse to vote for one populist egomaniac over another). Overall, it is unlikely, but I won't make up my mind for sure until much later in the process.

What are his opinions, positions, and political qualifications? What does he stand for?

It's much too early too form an opinion about him.

He's opinions can be found. It's not like he hasn't had any.

In 2016 we "elected" a businessman with zero political experience to the highest office in the land. We saw how well that worked out.

Not just No to Schultz, but Hell No.

Will have to hear from him on the issues first.

Well, now you've got me curious. What reason shouldn't you?

Because voting for him would split the Dems and allow Trump to be re-elected. I can understand why YOU want folks on the left to vote for him, but I won't. Trump is a threat to the US and I will vote for the Dem candidate to prevent another term from that threat.

All those years of Bush. All those years of Obama. Boring, boring, boring. Now with Trump we got ourselves a show!!! The country gone batshyte crazy !!! The media all knotted up !! Everybody all berzerk over hats, for gosh sake !! Now, this is entertainment!!! Oscars to everybody involved...crazy Nancy, nutcase Schumer, Terrible Trump, and of course, my fav, "Tommy Boy" Jim Acosta. Oh, the meltdowns have been hilarious, and the drama spellbinding. Whatever will Mueller find? When will he find it? Will the Dems in the House impeach? Stay tuned, As The World Turns......... sit back in your safe space, grab some *****, light up a joint (it's legal now, though that does take the fun out of it) and just enjoy !! :)

The problem, IMHO, is that although we sometimes attribute super-human powers to a President there's very little he can accomplish without support from Congress and the political structure. An independent would have neither party beholding to him in the long term. So, even if he proposes independent policies and programs the partisans are only going to vote for what benefits them and their party.

Back
Top Bottom